Options

Dumb question: valve location

We'd like to winterize our 2016 Outback but can't figure out where all these plumbing valves are located.  Help!!!
Sug@rsh@ck -  2016 Max S Outback, 2016 Nissan Pathfinder.  

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Under the drivers side bench seats
  • Options
    leroybortleroybort Member Posts: 61
    Thanks.  So where the Alde stuff is?  We didn't think we were "allowed" to open that area!  
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    edited November 2016
    Leroybort, It's your T@B now, you can open anything you like, if you're not sure about opening things up, you're in the right place to ask! Couple of questions for you: 1. Do you have an Alde manual? 2. Do you have the Alde winterizing manual? If not, look under the same category @ the right Heating/Plumbing & Winterizing. At the very top of the list, the manuals are listed as pdf files that can be printed. I printed the appropriate one for my system for reference. Open the area where all the plumbing is, and you can pretty much follow where the pipes are coming from, and going [red for hot water, blue for cold]. Pretty simple once you look at the pipes, and reference the manual to familiarize yourself with the system. If you still need help, or have a question, don't be afraid to ask! I hope this helps you out. :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    leroybortleroybort Member Posts: 61
    Think we got it all figured out now.  Thanks for clearly stating where all that plumbing is located.  Have the Alde manual....Sometimes, it's the simplest things that trip you up.  
  • Options
    TabAgilityTabAgility Member Posts: 9
    So, that is where you go to check the fluid level?  Ours is brand new (Aug). Turned heat on for first time today. Seems to be working ok, but want to be sure the fluid level is ok. 
    Tim & Michelle - Raleigh, NC

2017 T@B Max S:   @gility cott@ge on the go!

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,448
    So, that is where you go to check the fluid level?  Ours is brand new (Aug). Turned heat on for first time today. Seems to be working ok, but want to be sure the fluid level is ok. 
    I assume you mean the glycol in the cabin heat distribution system. There's a small plastic tank (a bit like the coolant overflow tank in your car) located on the driver's side under the rear shelf. You will likely have to remove some panels to get to it--I can't be more specific as I think the 2017 S has more cabinetry back there than my 2015. I think the tank is where it is because it needs to be positioned higher than everything else.

(If you're referring to the water in the hot water tank inside the Alde, there's no good way to check that visually.)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    TabAgility, Your Alde reservoir is a little further back, if it is like mine. [I have a 2016 Max S] It should be located under the back shelf in the driver's side corner. You will see green fluid inside a white plastic reservoir.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf