Options

How to cool off the Tent in the summer

I loved the new side tent, but wanted a way to cool it down some in the summer.  I found this window fan fits perfectly in the window with the screen pulled down to hold it in place.  It is an A/C fan and you can plug it into the outside electrical outlets.  It moves enough air to cool the tent down nicely with all of the flaps shut and the A/C unit on high.  It has controls on both sides so you can control it from inside or outside the camper.  You have to use all of the expansion blocks to make it fit, but it fits perfectly in the side window.   It is very quite in operation but of course the A/C unit is quite loud.

Now you have to be realistic, on 90+ degree weather in the hot sun it can only do so much.  However, I tested it on a 92 degree summer day just as the sun set and it dropped the temp (and humidity) in the tent down to a much more comfortable 80 degrees.  This would make it far more comfortable for anyone sleeping in the tent.  We ate dinner out there and it was quite pleasant.  We zipped up the flaps and took a 30 minute walk and it was quite pleasant when we got back.

I left the door open to better circulate the air.  I also love the folding foot step with he tent.

Link to the fan on Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EKW4TBK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Kennesaw, Georgia

2016 Silver/Black T@B M@x S with Scuba Black interior.  2015 Lincoln MKC AWD 2.0L Ecoboost tow vehicle. Tekonsha Prodigy wireless Brake Controller.

Comments