Garage vs T@B Max S Height Question

We are retrofitting our old one car garage for storing our new T@b MAX S (comes in February). I had a friend measure his T@B from the ground to the highest point, 90". We can get the entry and cross beams to 93" clearance on the garage. Will this be enough clearance? I have no interest in deflating my tires or changing to rims every time I pull it in and out. Sort of defeats the ease of use factor of a T@B for me.  We are also adding a cement extension from the driveway to the smaller garage entrance, and while not a straight shot in, I think we will be able to hand roll it in the rest of the way since it is flat. (Am I nuts to think I can do this?) Thanks in advance!
2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red

Comments

• marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    Someone with more knowledge and experience will hopefully weigh in on this, but according to the video from PV/Little Guy or whomever, the height from bottom of tire to top of fan vent is, indeed, 90 inches (7.5 feet). With that in mind, the 93 inch clearance SHOULD give you what you'll need. I would definitely hand roll it in at least the first time to make sure. And no you're not nuts.
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Homebodyatheart, You will EASILY be able to move the T@B on concrete! Liz and I do it every time we use ours. We haven't had to back into the driveway since we bought it, simply pull straight in, unhitch, turn it around , and put it where we want it, We have also unhitched at several campsites, and moved it to where we wanted it- unhitched. Rolls really easy on solid ground. You guys are welcome to come take any measurements you want. We have a 2016 MAX S, and I believe the measurements are the same. I gave you guys our phone # at the last breakfast. Just give me a shout, and come on over. That would help take care of any doubts you might have as far as getting all your measurements correct. ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    Thanks everyone! Eric, I may take you up on your offer, and maybe you can test drive my "new" garage when it's done. Dale measured their T@b for me, but until I can back one in I'm nervous. BTW, this little garage is nowhere near as nice as his, but it's sturdy and will keep the weather out. Next on it's upgrade will be power.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Remember, most garages have concrete lips raising the floor at least 1-2" so water doesn't flow inside. You might have already taken that into account though.

I just remember my old 94 Chevy extended cab with a large wedge-shaped shell on the bed. I couldn't go into the garage with any speed (like had to just roll in) or it would bounce ever so slightly and touch the shell top bars on the door (the door wasn't flush with the ceiling when it opened - it hung down some).
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409
    Becky I know how you feel. We bought our T@B in California, and I was not comfortable till I got home and actually backed it in. As a last resort you may have to invest in a garage door stretcher
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • AllieAllie Member Posts: 194
    My garage door is EXACTLY 8' (96")  I only have a couple of inches between the top of the opening and the fan vent cover.  So, it might be tight for you, or an inch to spare.

Allie
    Condo A-Go-Go
    2018 Casita Spirit Dlx (KONDO)
    2017 Tacoma (AH GOGO)
    S. UTAH
  • AllieAllie Member Posts: 194
    BTW, the first time I put mine in the garage, I had a neighbor spot me and watch the top, especially the vent cover.  I pushed the trailer in , SLOWLY.  He said it was very close, but had room.  When I back the trailer in, or pull it out, I leave the driver window open to hear if any scraping and drive very slowly.
    Allie
    Condo A-Go-Go
    2018 Casita Spirit Dlx (KONDO)
    2017 Tacoma (AH GOGO)
    S. UTAH
  • VermonsterVermonster Member Posts: 80
    Mine goes in to an 8 foot opening no problem.  I can see the vent cover from the drivers seat in my pickup to be sure, but after a few times, I'm pretty comfortable with it.  About 3" clearance
  • dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    I will be adding a vent cover when my T@b arrives in a few weeks. Are those covers easily removed so I can park the camper under my carport? I have about 8 1/2 feet from floor to rafters. Not sure of vent cover height.

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
    Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

Ratkity, no lip at the front. dmerzbac the measurement I got included the fantastic fan cover, so it will be close. Because if the garage set up we will back it in at an angle to the garage and hand turn it and push it straight in. Thats the plan!
    Little garage before reno, new taller doors and inside supports. Cement pad from driveway to new doors to follow.
    Rats! No pics posted...sorry.
    Trying again...

• TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    That looks like a cozy g@rage and winter h@bitat.
    2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)