Options

Pictures of some of my favorite mods

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,507
    Very smart.  You have the best of both worlds!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Great!  I hope the table didn't smell too much like onions after the you guys helping me out when I ran out of time!  Thanks again!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    driftlessdriftless Member Posts: 135
    Glad we could help out @Verna.  It was nice meeting you.  Always great putting a face with a name!
    Happy Trails,
    Phil & Anita - Driftless: 2018 T@B 400/2015 Ford Explorer 

• Options
    RoameyRoamey Member Posts: 239

T@B 320 RS
       T@B trip wherever
    New surprises everyday
       See beautiful world
  • Options
    pittchristinepittchristine Member Posts: 30
    @Verna I tried to keep the onions on your cutting board!
    Chris and Rick, 2017 T@B Max S with 2010 Ford Escape TV
  • Options
    Is that European?
  • Options
    foxdenfoxden Member Posts: 148
    Wow @Roamey !  Don't know what that is but it is beautiful.  I love my Max S but really love the look of this one.
    2017 Max S - Silver/Red - T@briolet -  2016 Jeep Cherokee - Fredericksburg, TX
  • Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    @Roamey You can't just throw a pic out there like that and not tell us what it is? Is this your custom interior? If so, it's absolutely gorgeous and really well thought out. I'm just awed by what custom wood workers can do when it comes to these types of renovations.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Googled it-looks like it's made in Germany.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    The 320 RS in Europe doesn't have a bathroom option, although you can get a porta porti (per glancing through the link provided by @dsatwork). I'm trying to figure if we have more storage by having the the cabinets across the rear as opposed to cabinets along the sides like the European version. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    You all figured it out. I wonder if some of that design will work it's way over here. Reflects some of the design style of the 400. It is also a little taller; 96.5" vs 89" outside and 71.7" vs 69" inside. Lists Truma heating and air conditioning. 
       T@B trip wherever
    New surprises everyday
       See beautiful world
  • Options
    Roamey said:
    You all figured it out. I wonder if some of that design will work it's way over here. Reflects some of the design style of the 400. It is also a little taller; 96.5" vs 89" outside and 71.7" vs 69" inside. Lists Truma heating and air conditioning. 
    very cool but it needs a shower...I ain't no eruo free smelling kinda guy.
  • Options
    :rofl:
       T@B trip wherever
    New surprises everyday
       See beautiful world
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    edited May 2018
    @Dalehelman, thanks for sharing this great idea for mounting a wire shelf above the rear cabinets.  I am trying to replicate your mod & found a similar looking wire shelf at Home Depot.  Had to trim about an inch off the end of the 6'x12" shelf, and it seems to fit the space if I attach it directly to the wood shelf end support at the front.
    How did you attach the front passenger side of the wire shelf?  In our 2018 T@B S, the wood shelf support does not hang as low as the driver side, plus it is an inch closer to the rear cabinets.  Also, how did you attach the shelf rear support brackets to the ceiling?  Do the side walls have any structural plywood backing in which to secure screws?  What about the ceiling?  Or are we just screwing into a thin laminate skin?  Answers may effect how many screws I use & where to place them.
    How is yours holding up?  I'm assuming one should not use the shelf for anything heavy, but for things like Kleenex boxes, towels, lightweight clothing, etc.
    Thanks again.

PS:  Did you find a cargo net to fit & if so, where?
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    @BrianZ
    Hereare some pictures. First one 4 to 6 across the back. Third is driver side. Fourth is passenger side. Weight is not an issue.
    The end are just screwed into the wall. Since the force is down the shear force can handle quite a bit of weight. Over two years and 10,000 miles still holding strong
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Thank you @Dalehelman !  A picture is worth a thousand words, as they say. 
    Now I can see you did not fasten the front of the shelf to the side wooden shelf mounting, as I was thinking of doing.  If I did, it would be about 2-3" higher, with more headroom, however it wouldn't be as secure at the rear if hung from the ceiling.
    Did you use any plastic anchors in the side wall screws or just the screws?  What length screws?  Would be nice to know what the depth of the space is inside the ceiling and wall.  I'm thinking a 3/4" screw should be ok, but not sure about a 1" screw.
    I'm not tall, so headspace may not be an issue.
    Thanks again.
    PS:  With your current attachment to the rear cabinet frame, isn't the shelf so low that it interferes with normal operation of the swiveling corner lights?  Assume you can no longer aim them upwards?

• Options
    @BrianZ
    The screws need to  penetrate the walls know more than 1/2”. I did apply some 3M double stick tape between the clips and the wall.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Thanks, @Dalehelman.
    Does anyone know how far away [on the wall] from the corner of the wall and the back slope of the ceiling of the T@B 320S one would need to drill a hole to avoid hitting the frame?  It appears to be somewhere between 3/4 and 1-1/2 inch, because at 3/4" from the corner I hit metal.  Is the frame aluminum & what are its dimensions?  Wondering if I could just put a screw into the metal frame.  Trying to secure the back right side of my wire shelf to the wall.
  • Options
    If you can screw into the aluminum frame that’s a plus. Just don’t go deeper than 1/2”.
    The walls are about 1 1/4” to 1 1/2” thick. I call it 1” to be safe.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    CherylinDallasCherylinDallas Member Posts: 21
    Dalehelman,

Thanks for posting that first photo of the paper towel holder.  I just returned from the shakedown cruise and foremost on my mind was "where can I put the paper towels so the roll is not always in the way?"  I am getting up a big order for Amazon, and the paper towel holder is on it.  Hubby will soon be installing it a la Daleheman.  Next I will search for a space for the garbage bag/can.

I appreciate the idea.

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Too late, I already laughed! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    @CherylinDallas I used heavy duty velcro to hold my paper towel holder. No problems in over a year now!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    JanandDaveJanandDave Member Posts: 119
    We like the over-the-door option, too. Out of the way and yet very accessible from inside and out..

Just make sure to use a rubber band around the roll while traveling, otherwise.... :o
    2016 T@B 320 Max S  "T@BsentMinded"
    2009 Subaru Outback R 3.0
    2022 Ford Ranger XLT Super Cab

• Options
    @CherylinDallas I used heavy duty velcro to hold my paper towel holder. No problems in over a year now!
    what's the round wood thing?
  • Options
    That’s the view from the door!
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    @SAM
    I thought it was two separate pictures. I just couldn't see the entire picture until I clicked on it. What is the deal with the wood door, now that I know what it is? 
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @Homebodyatheart I thought you’d rusticated your T@B too until I figured out that trailer door was open, so we could see the wooden wall of your T@B’s home. I think. 
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner