Options

Water draining from small tube under rear of T@B.

I just purchased my 2014 clamshell T@B.  Decided to check the heating system.  Propane was on, but T@B was not plugged into house AC power.  Water in holding tank.  Ran the heater for a short time and the T@B got very toasty.  Once I shut off the heater, I noticed water draining from a a small vertical drain at rear of T@B underneath.  Is this normal or is there a valve that should be closed?

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    To clarify... You mention "water in holding tank" - You talking the "fresh water tank" or fluid in the Alde overflow tank" - You mention "heat" and don't mention hot water. ... Is what's draining colored fluid (green or red or yellow)?
  • Options
    yellowleoyellowleo Member Posts: 12
    Yes, fresh water tank has water.  I had intended to have hot water as well as heat.  What is draining appears to be just clear water.
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    If it's clear and you had fresh water, I'm betting one of the water valves is open to some degree. Maybe the drain valve for the Alde hot water tank - I'd start by checking those.
  • Options
    CarolynCarolyn Member Posts: 125
    I have a 2014 clam shell and had a constant drip from the clear tube that comes thru the larger tube underneath the driver's side rear of the trailer. Marvin diagnosed it as the Alde check valve which I replaced after winterizing. Will have to wait til spring to see if that fixes it.
    2014 CS, tie-dyed exterior, "Tabula Rasa" and 2009 T@da also tie-dyed, “Grateful”
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,448
    Assuming your regular drain valves are properly closed, I'd also guess the check valve. On mine, it's located right where the domestic hot water line exits the Alde. It drains into a clear tube that runs through a hole in the floor to the underside of the trailer.
    2015 T@B S