Options

Class II vs Class III Hitch & Gear ratio (Jeep Wrangler)

2»

Comments

• Options
    LuckyjLuckyj Member Posts: 286
    The t@g is a good fit for a Wrangler. I now have a 4 cylinder 
    Jeep Patriot.  Had to trade because of awful gas milage

Nice!
    2017 T@G Max Outback "Le Refuge"
    TV 2005 jeep TJ unlimited
    and/or 2005 Nissan X-Trail 4wd
    Alaskan Malamuthe on board!

Les Escoumins and Petite-Riviere-St-Francois QC
  • Options
    AndreaJFAndreaJF Member Posts: 1
    Nice to read some positive comments about pulling a T@B with a 2 door Wrangler. I have 2005 Sport with a 6 speed, 3.73 gears, Dana 44 diff. It's got the OME heavy duty 3" lift kit and 33s. My brakes have also been upgraded with new calipers, rotors and Black Magic brakes. 

I used to pull a 17' kayak behind it so it has a Class 2 hitch and connector. Now I'd like to buy a T@B 320S and actually live in it. I'd be alone and my gear would be in the Jeep itself, not in the trailer. But I really want the bathroom/shower and indoor kitchen for full time living. I know with 1848lbs and 200 tongue weight I'm close to the limit but plan to install a trailer braking system, swaybar and extended mirrors. I've been driving mountain roads all over the country for decades so I'm hoping the T@B would work out. 

I've considered the T@G Max XL, which is lighter...but not being able to stand up, no bathroom/shower would make full time living (especially in the winter) a real problem. It's nice to see people out there towing T@Bs with 2 door Jeeps in the mountains and saying it's OK. 

On another note: How hard is it to live with a T@B in the winter, in cold snowy conditions?
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    HR_Taly said:
     what have you done?

Appreciate any information you might have!
    Traded for a Grand Cherokee Overland with Quadralift and the ORA II package (WK2.) I get the Wrangler love - completely, but I am enjoying such a better experience with the WK2. The mileage and engine experience are so much better and I find the WK2 fine for off road experience. 

There are times I miss my JKU, but it is primarily the look and ruggedness I miss. The WK2 has really done well off road and is snubbed by JK/JKU owners, but the air suspension works really well and the front fascia can be removed when you need more clearance off road. 

If you love your current vehicle so much that parting with it is out of the question, you would be better with a T@g.  

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    I was disappointed with the uphill performance of my '09 JKU Rubicon, pulling my 320S. I bought a used(2014) GC summit with the eco diesel; HUGE improvement, not only in drivability towing, but fuel economy as well. I considered a diesel swap as well as a supercharger add on to my JKU, but am happier with the GC.  I have kept my JKU for utility work, as well as continued off-roading trips!
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback