Options

2017 TAB Max S Picture Needed for what valves look like after winterizing

I drained water from my 2017 Max S, used air pressure to get water out, put anti freeze in traps.  Now I need a picture of what all the valve shut off/on should look like for the duration of winter.  I can't find a picture of the 2017 model.  Thank you! 

Comments

• Options
    ColoradoJonColoradoJon Member Posts: 415
    If you used the blowout method the valves should be returned to normal, camping position.
    Jon & Angela | Florissant Colorado | 2017 Outback S
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    baclawson, On the right search box, put in winterizing T@B, and the 2016 manual for winterizing a T@B should be there on one of the threads. My suggestion would be to print that out, take it to your trailer, and see if the pictures match your set up. That manual will show both winter, and camping mode photos. If so, bingo, zingo, you're set, and you have manual in hand to boot! If not, you might call Pleasant Valley, and see if a newer version is available. I hope this helps.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    edited December 2016
    A plumbing valve shut off position is 90 degrees to the pipe. When a value is open the handle is parallel (inline) to the pipe. Some valves only move in a 90 degree arc so open/closed is obvious. Others may rotate 180 degrees in which case the value can be open in either inline direction but is closed at 90 degrees.
    The exception to this rule is the Alde pressure relief valve which is also used to drain the Alde of water. That valve has yellow flap that is lifted into an upright (90 degree) position when draining (open) and flap is down to either side when operating as a relief valve.
    2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • Options
    Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221
    I have a 2017 Outback and the pdf to winterize a 2016 matched my configuration...it's what I used to do my winterizing.
    Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,448
    edited December 2016
    If you've blown out the lines and are not refilling them with antifreeze, it really doesn't matter what you do with your valves over the winter.

I leave my drains open over the winter, but that's just me. I'm not sure there's any compelling reason to do so.
    2015 T@B S