Options

Uses for the original T@B table

I'm ready to chuck the table to the curb with a "Free" sign attached.  I'm weary of tripping over it in the basement.  Besides a boat anchor, has anyone come up with a use for the beast?

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Side work table in the garage, or do like Ratkity does, and use it to fold laundry on!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Goodwill loves them!  
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    webcrawlerwebcrawler Member Posts: 133
    It makes a great table in my work shop...
    Kennesaw, Georgia

2016 Silver/Black T@B M@x S with Scuba Black interior.  2015 Lincoln MKC AWD 2.0L Ecoboost tow vehicle. Tekonsha Prodigy wireless Brake Controller.
  • Options
    driftlessdriftless Member Posts: 135
    As  a table in the t@b, we love ours.  We have no issues using it.
    Happy Trails,
    Phil & Anita - Driftless: 2018 T@B 400/2015 Ford Explorer 

• Options
    VermonsterVermonster Member Posts: 80
    I actually like it and still use it in the t@b.  At first I thought to go to something else but it has kind of grown on me
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I have used the table to groom my dog on.   It sits up high enough for this task and I cover it with a sheet and it makes cleanup easy.  After busting my feet on it in the trailer and jamming a few toes I knew it was time to remove it.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    One trick that works for me when I want access to the rear of the trailer, in the down position I simply flip it upside down onto one of the side cushions to get it out of the way.  I also find it relatively easy to take it outside but don't do it much because we don't have bed slats to take its place
  • Options
    fiddlefootfiddlefoot Member Posts: 62
    Last week, packing for a longer trip, I just took the base off. 12 screws and the base is stored with the screws in case it should ever be put together and now all the space under the bed is wide open.  The tabletop is just fine as a bed slat.  Ours is a clamshell and we have never set up the table, just sleep there.
    Denise, Rea and Ruby
    2016 CS S, 2008 Toyota Tacoma
    Somerset, VA

• Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 939
    edited December 2016
    We would be another vote for being just fine using it as intended.  In our CS it is left down most of the time but when the weather forces us inside, we pop it up.  The bedding rolls to the rear half and we set up just the front half of each bench for seating.  The bedding roll also provides a backrest for lounging lengthwise on each side.   I haven't figured out a suitable replacement with similar versatility and stability.

• Options
    Personally, with the table, I think it's an issue of you either love it, or shin bruise, hate it. Bed slats were my option as the table seemed to slightly "sink" while using it for support for the bed, no matter how I adjusted the feet to compensate. Having back issues to begin with, it was a "no brainer" to install bed slats. I made six slats, so I could remove 3, or 4, and still have a "table" if we needed to be inside for any reason. Works for us, but still feel the table is one of those personal issues. :)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    With the right mod it can be converted into an Imperial Walker.
    2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • Options
    gooseladygooselady Member Posts: 177
    Hi MI Mike,

I thought about converting into a grooming table, but then I would actually have to groom my dogs.  As a mostly single traveler, I never intend to use the table, as the Lagun table suits me fine.  I have bed slats for when I bring a friend.  Goodwill is looking more appealing.
  • Options
    ericnliz - I agree with the love-hate assessment. 

Funny, in another recent thread, new owners took a bit of a detour during their pick-up run to get an original table from another member to replace the missing one in the new acquisition.

• Options
    rfuss928, Yep, I read that one, and had to chuckle. Should have checked all the local Goodwill stores first! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    After having gone to a local RV business to have my toilet fixed last week, of course I had to check out the other campers.  I laughed every time I went into a smaller camper and saw that doggone Goodwill table in each one!  I guess it certainly is an industry standard.  The table top does come in many colors, by the way. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna,  :o=)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    DebM11DebM11 Member Posts: 26
    I haven't had the new acquisition long enough to know if the table and I are in love or hate. I wanted it as I expect to travel but also work during trips and would need the space to spread out laptop, books, notepads etc.  I also liked the idea that you can put it outside for use.  The prior owner installed runners for bedslats, and the table still fits above the runners, so I have choices.  I like the idea where the person put two mounts on the floor and could use a smaller table in two different locations, very cool.
    SOLD: My T@BLEAU
    2016 Max S Silver & Lt Blue T@B, 2007 Lexus 400h, Rockville & Port Republic, Maryland

Now riding/driving a Thor Vegas, 24.1 around the country
  • Options
    Does anyone have experience with the single center post tables.  I see two types of floor fittings - a twist lock design and a tapered end style.  It seems it would be easy to stash the center post when using the table top for the bed platform.  IIRC some early LG T@Bs had them and there were comments about wobbly tables.  I would like to try that approach if I had some positive feedback with first hand experience.  (Maybe this should be a new thread?!)

ITC Sequoia 27 TL4002-27 locking Table Leg With Mounts RV Camper Trailer Marine

• Options
    TommyTommy Member Posts: 175
    gooselady said:
    I'm ready to chuck the table to the curb with a "Free" sign attached.  I'm weary of tripping over it in the basement.  Besides a boat anchor, has anyone come up with a use for the beast?
    I tried the curb with a "free" sign - no takers. I ended up chopping it up with my Sawzall and disposing of it in the garbage bin. I still remember the sense of satisfaction I got when the cutting started. In my opinion that thing was a failure from idea to design to execution, from top to bottom. Oh, did I mention I hated that thing? haha
  • Options
    With the right mod it can be converted into an Imperial Walker.
    Haha brilliant. If I'm not mistaken Imperial Walkers also missed the mark - every time.
  • Options
    DebM, you are describing the Lagun table with multiple brackets, not the original table included in the purchase of T@Bs 2015 and older.  The original table collapsed in order to bridge the gap between the benches to convert to a double bed.  It takes up the entire floor space of the T@B, and weighs about 40 lbs.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Remember, if you find the Goodwill Stores across the U.S., you can trace Verna's camping paths lol :heart:

2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    gooselady said:
    It takes up the entire floor space of the T@B, and weighs about 40 lbs.
    and... it requires an engineering degree ... or a lucky leprechaun riding a unicorn pooping rainbows and stars over your head ... to get it to fold.
  • Options
    @Tommy, I couldn't get the table to fold down, so Goodwill got it in the "upright" position!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    It's gone!!!  Goodwill got another table!  And they thanked me for it.  I drove away fast in case they changed their mind.
  • Options
    TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    edited December 2016

I have no interest in an R-Pod, but there are a couple of things of note in the following video.
    At 1:15 -- friction door hinge; stays put in a breeze
    At 2:05 -- black tank flush connection; no more wand & hose
    At 2:25 -- how to collapse/open an EZ-Glide dinette table ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYcrlqNduEU

2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • Options
    Guess I'll have to start cruising goodwill stores and pick up those tables!
  • Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    Hauled out of my garage and tossed in pick-up bed in open position and used with .99 store table cloth as kids table at work place thanksgiving party.  Now sitting in work place garage ready for the next party, never to see my T@b or garage again.
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    DebM11DebM11 Member Posts: 26
    Gooselady Hi!- not sure what my table is called but it collapses to bed height and takes up the whole space between the benches in an up or down position.  I'm tall and it eats my knees every chance it gets.  We haven't left the driveway yet, so only time will tell if it's final resting place will be thb bonfire on the beach or Goodwill.  
    SOLD: My T@BLEAU
    2016 Max S Silver & Lt Blue T@B, 2007 Lexus 400h, Rockville & Port Republic, Maryland

Now riding/driving a Thor Vegas, 24.1 around the country
  • Options
    @DebM11, the tabletop is a product like particle board with a Formica top and edges. You might want to rethink using it for a bonfire.....that would be rather smelly and not the best of substances for breathing in.....  Goodwill loves them!
    Verna, Columbus, IN