Options

Alde and Battery

Can the alde be run by propane using battery as power source, can it be run overnight?
Thanks!
2016 T@B Maxx S, Nissan Pathfinder

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Yes - It uses the battery to run the circulating pump but the pump is pretty miserly. This is my standard mode. The second slider here is on propane...

• Options
    JltabJltab Member Posts: 89
    PXLated said:
    Yes - It uses the battery to run the circulating pump but the pump is pretty miserly. This is my standard mode. The second slider here is on propane...

I have the battery that was included when I bought the T@B, do you think it will last overnight? When I check the voltage it drain so fast, for 30 min it is already 1/2 the charge. Thanks for the prompt reply.
  • Options
    I have the std Group-24 battery also. Running the fridge on propane, the Alde on propane and being somewhat miserly with the lights - I generally use just the back two for reading - I'll usually end up with a 12.2 reading come morning. That's in 45 degree overnight temps so the Alde isn't running constantly.
    How old is your battery? Has it ever been discharged down too low like 11.5 or lower?
    My battery reading goes down from a full charge (12.5) to 12.2 fairly quickly - have never timed it - and then seems to stabelize there overnight.
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    I have the std Group-24 battery also. Running the fridge on propane, the Alde on propane and being somewhat miserly with the lights - I generally use just the back two for reading - I'll usually end up with a 12.2 reading come morning. That's in 45 degree overnight temps so the Alde isn't running constantly.
    How old is your battery? Has it ever been discharged down too low like 11.5 or lower?
    My battery reading goes down from a full charge (12.5) to 12.2 fairly quickly - have never timed it - and then seems to stabelize there overnight.
    Battery is about a year. When it comes to how low it's been discharged I don't know. I'll test it overnight and check how low the batt will discharge... Once again Thanks a million.
  • Options
    Let us know what your readings end up at.
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    Let us know what your readings end up at.
    Did the overnight, Alde setting as what you suggested, reading this morning is 12.28.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Cool, you're good to go, that's what I'd expect to see...Then my solar kicks in and fills it all back up :-)
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    Cool, you're good to go, that's what I'd expect to see...Then my solar kicks in and fills it all back up :-)
    I have renogy 100 watt PMG series, how long do you think it will fully charge? We're planning to dry camp in Vermont this July for a week. Any more tips and tricks?
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I've never really keep track. I'm tucked back it trees right now and have just a little clearing where I'll get about 4 hours of bright sun and that will be enough to get me back to full (or close). I have 120s and if out in bright, high sun (like summer), I'll usually be back to full by noon or so. It's just kind of a natural cycle for me. Used to pay attention but don't that much anymore as it just works.
    Do have to reorient the panels a couple times during the day.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Jltab, I also have a Renogy 100 watt in the suitcase model w/ controller. Usually from the readings you described above, 4 hours of good sunlight charge the battery right back up, and yes, I also have the standard GP24 battery as well. Like PXL said above, the most important part is re-orienting the  panels as the sun moves to get the maximum charging power. Mine have the fold-able, adjustable legs as well, so it's pretty easy to move around.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Thanks for the info
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,528
    Jltab said:
    I have renogy 100 watt PMG series, how long do you think it will fully charge? 
    Looking at Renogy.  What is the PMG series?  Can't find it.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    SAM said:
    Jltab said:
    I have renogy 100 watt PMG series, how long do you think it will fully charge? 
    Looking at Renogy.  What is the PMG series?  Can't find it.  
    Check on Amazon I think what they have now is PWM charge controller