Options

East Meets West, Washington Style! May 18-20, 2017

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    edited May 2017

ericnliz said:

@TabberJohn, Like my mom used to say...."If 'ya can't say something nice, don't say anything at all!"
    And just a side note: I didn't have a problem viewing the photos, perhaps an up-grade on your side is in order.

A wink is a wink. Those are NICE photos. Just sayin' image size was a surprise. Some forum members may have a tough time viewing page 10 of this thread unless the images get resized.
    On the plus side those 15 megabyte images will shrink by 98% if sized to 800px. Easy to upload, quick to view on any device.
    On the down side you won't be able to zoom in on photo #20 and see the hummingbird feeder hanging in a Liquidambar styraciflua. ;) Or notice the Weber Smokey Joe instructions being carefully studied in photo #5. =)

2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,498
    @ericnliz um, it's still there!  =)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410

ericnliz said:

@OreoTAB, Noreen, thanks for sharing this info, and even happier you got it repaired quickly! GO CAMPIN"!!!! :)

Eric what did she find out ?
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Dalehelman, Go back to page #10, next to last comment! It's under @OreoTAB. ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    @TabberJohn, Thanks for the helpful info! :)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410

ericnliz said:

@Dalehelman, Go back to page #10, next to last comment! It's under @OreoTAB. ;)

For some reason I can't go back 1 page at a time. I have had the problem all day. Tell me what she found out.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @Dalehelman, "The water pump was dry. Used bypass hose in gallon jug of water to force water into pump. Relubricated pump with water and it works great." (Not real sure I'm on board with that one myself Dale.) Then they follow up to say it had "something" to do with the way they winterized her system last year. They did, however give us "kudos" for clearing the hose of plastic bits, and we did a great job. (Makes me wonder how they knew about the plastic bits unless Noreen told them.) At any rate she sounds happy with the results, so I think that's all that matters.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    SeadusterSeaduster Member Posts: 147
    @ericnliz and @Dalehelman... I did tell the guys at Apache about all the hot air :o ... I mean "plastic bits"... coming out of that hose.  In fact, I talked you guys up so much you could probably walk in and get a T@B repair job today.
    2017 white/black trim T@B Outback; 2017 white Subaru Outback; Seattle
  • Options
    Aw shucks, thanks @OreoTAB, but really, @Dalehelman is the one you should really thank. There was NO WAY I could've made the moves in the wet bath he did! You folks would still be say'in "Now if you can move your foot a little that way....." :s:o....Thanks, and glad you're on your way to happy campin'! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    HonutabHonutab Member Posts: 24

Nice pix @Honutab but 6000x4000 pixels x 25 shots = OMG!
    Someone's about to get their mouse-click hand slapped by a moderator. ;)

Here's a bit of TACT (Tech Assist Computer Tools) ;) as recommended by @ericnliz.
    Prep -- Upload pictures to cloud storage or tablet/desktop where they can be more easily managed than on your smartphone. You can alternately email photos to yourself from your phone then use your tablet/PC/Mac to resize attached images on those emails.
    Search Youtube for "resize image on xxx" where xxx is your preferred platform (iOS, Mac, Windows).
    Example, Mac preview method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWqXD-Fvk0Y
    If you prefer to do-it-all on a smartphone there are apps you can install for editing photos more easily.
    TIP: 800x600 pixels or less is a good size for forum posts. When resizing to 800 pixels wide allow the app to auto-define pixel height so image is not distorted. You may also want to take the time to crop an image.

There was talk the "new forum" would auto-size images during uploads. That does not appear to be the case. Responsive design (scales to device format), yes. Reduced upload size, no.
    Technically I just "hijacked" this thread but the old resize thread has been removed so I couldn't point you to that. ;)

Sorry John, 
    I just uploaded on a high band width, which I would think is much slower than anyones' download speed and they only took seconds to upload.  I thought people would like the higher resolution for diving in to the pictures for detail.  I never have liked the low resolution ones that pixelate when you try to zoom them!  I'm all for anything that makes it easier or faster to download or upload, but I'm not anal about it.  I wish I was more tech savvy, but sometimes you just have to accept lowest common denominator and let things go.  
    Much Aloha!
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Honutab said:

Nice pix @Honutab but 6000x4000 pixels x 25 shots = OMG!
    Someone's about to get their mouse-click hand slapped by a moderator. ;)

Here's a bit of TACT (Tech Assist Computer Tools) ;) as recommended by @ericnliz.
    Prep -- Upload pictures to cloud storage or tablet/desktop where they can be more easily managed than on your smartphone. You can alternately email photos to yourself from your phone then use your tablet/PC/Mac to resize attached images on those emails.
    Search Youtube for "resize image on xxx" where xxx is your preferred platform (iOS, Mac, Windows).
    Example, Mac preview method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWqXD-Fvk0Y
    If you prefer to do-it-all on a smartphone there are apps you can install for editing photos more easily.
    TIP: 800x600 pixels or less is a good size for forum posts. When resizing to 800 pixels wide allow the app to auto-define pixel height so image is not distorted. You may also want to take the time to crop an image.

There was talk the "new forum" would auto-size images during uploads. That does not appear to be the case. Responsive design (scales to device format), yes. Reduced upload size, no.
    Technically I just "hijacked" this thread but the old resize thread has been removed so I couldn't point you to that. ;)

Sorry John, 
    I just uploaded on a high band width, which I would think is much slower than anyones' download speed and they only took seconds to upload.  I thought people would like the higher resolution for diving in to the pictures for detail.  I never have liked the low resolution ones that pixelate when you try to zoom them!  I'm all for anything that makes it easier or faster to download or upload, but I'm not anal about it.  I wish I was more tech savvy, but sometimes you just have to accept lowest common denominator and let things go.  
    Much Aloha!
    I cannot view most of the photos of this gathering. While it's nice to want to have a higher resolution, it doesn't help if many of us can't view them. I, for one, would love to see the photos, but, I guess I won't be able to see them. I can't even help since my iPhone and iPad can't see them. Glad you guys had fun. 

And yes, the auto resizing of the forum hasn't taken place as planned, so if you want others to be able to view your photos, please continue to resize them.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @Verna, Does that mean I'm still incognito?  =)
    Uh, Oh, I think I hear the wand charging up again....... :o
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Mariner459Mariner459 Member Posts: 146
    edited May 2017
    So, how was the East Meets West get together folks?  Sorry we missed it.  Reading some of the 300 posts!  ;-)
  • Options
    @Mariner459, I was wondering what happened to you. We are sorry you missed it, too. It was so much fun that the group voted the first night to do it again next year. We had 33 folk, 17 T@b's, 1 T@DA, and a great assortment of dogs. With the schedule intentionally relaxed people were free to check out others mods, sit and get to know others, hike, nap, play cards, do new mods, whatever they wanted. We had folk from Richland/Kennewick, Liberty Lake, Spokane, Cheney, Yakima, Snohomish, Lynnwood, Edmonds, Seattle, Kent, and Eatonville if I remember them all correctly!

Let's see...Terry and Nanette had a crow visit inside their screen room, and then he panicked. They were able to coax him out without harm. Eric discovered that not all "indoor" plumbing is created equal, and having a sprinkler go off inside your screen room isn't fun. Good thing he is fast, and has a great metal wash basin to cover the sprinkler(s) as needed. Nadeen survived her maiden voyage in her water free Outback (due to a clogged pipe issue that got fixed when she got home.) She's a trooper! Jim's standard poodle, Sophie, was rather fond of playing with her blue ball. Two and a half year old Annie was a great camper. Dad/Brad was good, too! Jim also makes a great apple pie! Dale S. makes mean brownies, Helgi and Azel make an amazing rhubarb pie with real whip cream, Liz's three day decadent chocolate cake was a hit, Sandi had great pastries and cookies to share, Eric is THE MAN when it comes to his pit BBQ! Great salads, beans, breads, cheeses. I know I am missing some, sorry, but if you left the weekend hungry you didn't try hard!

The 2018 East Meets West Washington State will be May 17,18,19,20 at Lincoln Rock State Park. The reservation site is not allowing May 2018 reservations yet, but I will post here and on the FB 'Washington State Tabbers group when we can get in. It would be awesome to book the entire C loop, or as much as we can. It was a great set up for this kind of gathering! Hope to see you there!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @Mariner459, You missed a really great event. I think as @Homebodyatheart said above, everybody had fun. Speaking for myself, I was glad everything was really relaxed, and folks were free to explore, mingle, or do whatever they wanted to do without the constraints of a "scheduled" event. The only thing that was even remotely scheduled was the BBQ on Friday, and even that was laid back & relaxed. We ended up with so much left-over food, we did it again Saturday. We met a lot of really nice folks, and sharing ideas, mods, and just getting to know new people was one of the highlights of the event. You've a whole year to plan for the next one! Hope you can join us. :)
    P.S. 'Ya haven't lived until 'ya have a sprinkler goin' off both from the inside & the outside of yer screen room while being surrounded by 'em goin' off all around 'ya to boot! :o=)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Mariner459Mariner459 Member Posts: 146
    Bravo!  Sorry we missed it!  (We were just returning from a long planned vacation at Cape Disappointment and off coast bottom fishing and halibut fishing...more about using our Pahaque tent another time/post...but so glad yall had great fun!)
    Thanks for sharing!

• Options
    Pika1Pika1 Member Posts: 29
    @Homebodyatheart sounds good for next year. We stayed an extra night and moved to B loop with all sites with full hookups. Views of the river and a paved walk down to the marina and lake. Many shade trees in the sites. Might be worth checking out.
  • Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    @Sandiegogal maybe this is what we shoot for next year? @ericnliz is there a date set yet?
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    @dsatwork and @Sandiegogal, I just posted the details for the 2018 gathering, Washington State East Meets West. All are welcome, and last year a great time was had by all! Hope to see you there!
  • Options
    @dsatwork, Ask & ye shall receive! =) Thanks @Homebodyatheart! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    You're welcome @ericnliz. Now book your site! (and remember to leave room for the potluck crowd like last time...)  =)
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Ok, If I get the same site as last time, you'll have to move the bathroom closer!?*%# :rofl: Oh, almost forgot.....put some kettles over the rogue sprinklers!!! :lol:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliz I WAS being kind and not mentioning your indoor plumbing in your screen room, but since you brought it up... What about sites 80, 82, or 83? Close enough to trot, but still in the loop?
  • Options
    Jen @Sandiegogal and I were just discussing this last night and decided that Spokane was just too far off the path to try and see everyone. This just might work we have friends in Portland,OR, Yakima, WA and our kids live in Burlington, WA now. This would be a pretty tidy loop to see everyone.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    Site 83 for me! If 'ya get there prior to the 17th, please survey for the rogue sprinklers! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @dsatwork, Book now, the spots go quick! :o
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    ericnliz said:
    ericnliz said:
    ericnliz said:
    I guess I hit the quotes three times :o We are going to look at it tonight
  • Options
    Thought I was gonna have to start drinkin' earlier there for a minute! (Or just clean my glasses off from the last spraying!) Good luck, and don't dilly-dally, they REALLY do go quick, as this is the first day you can reserve on-line!!!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Closed--see the 2018 East meets West. (To save you the confusion of reading this one only to realize it has no information for the 2018 gathering....like someone we know =)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
This discussion has been closed.