2017 Plans?

CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
So, what are everyone's plans for 2017?

Being the weekend warriors that we are, we try and get out at least once a month, every month.  Last year we missed August by a hair.  Going for the full 12 months this year, with a loooong trip to Texas in June.

Jan - Williamsburg for the new year
Feb - Hershey
March - Back to Williamsburg
April - ??? - probably local, maybe a winery
May - Cordorus State Park for a TearJerker rally
June - Gulf Coast, Texas, New Mexico - Houston, San Antonio (CoasterCon XL), Big Bend, White Sands, Carlsbad and Amarillo by morning.
July - Probably Williamsburg for my birthday
August - ???
September - ???
October - Knoebels and a TearJerker rally
November - ???
December - Williamsburg again

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
Sterling, VA

Comments

• PlaycPlayc Member Posts: 234
    Welcome to Texas in June.  We can plan a T@B event at Galveston island state park.
    2015 S Sofitel, Austin/Houston
  • NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    It isn't a plan unless you post a spreasheet file :-)
  • PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    @Cyclonic we are planning to head south this summer to visit some Civil War sites. The idea was floated to include a trip to Williamsburg. How many days would you suggest for a first visit for a couple adults, no kids?
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • LauraReyLauraRey Member Posts: 338
    Other than the first trip to the campground around the corner....I've planned out my first eight-day trip.  Basically, a run around Lake Ontario with a stop in Vermont to visit friends.
    Red and White, 2017 Max S being towed by a 2014 Honda Ridgeline.  Hello Mountains!
  • IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    Taking delivery of my t@b in late March/early April! 
    Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
    TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    I'm booked for one 3 day trip a month from April through August, leaving September open. If all goes as planned I want to add a second trip most months trying new places closer to home. DH will be on some, not others. 

April- Campground Divas trip to Riverside State park/Bowl and Pitcher 3 days
              (If I can get a spot for the T@B, they changed the reservation system)
    May - East Meets West in Washington State-Lincoln Rock State Park T@B gathering
    June - Farragut State Park in North Idaho with T@B friends, also my birthday
    July - 9 Mile Falls State Park and Pontoon boat time, Campground Divas
    August - Hunters Campground on Lake Roosevelt, annual church camp out, group                    site. Usually a wicked long game of Hand and Foot, or some other game. (Can't remember how much room I will have to park the T@B and my TV, might tent camp if it's tight)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited December 2016
    Now--pit stop to see our camping buddy, Larry
    Jan - AZ
    Feb - AZ
    Mar -AZ
    Apr - AZ, maybe stop to see our camping buddy, Larry
    May - Make the cherry storage drawers and Lagun table top for the T@B
    June - dunno
    July - upper East Coast
    August - upper East Coast
    Sept - dunno
    Oct - dunno
    Nov - dunno
    December - AZ

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Photomom said:
    @Cyclonic we are planning to head south this summer to visit some Civil War sites. The idea was floated to include a trip to Williamsburg. How many days would you suggest for a first visit for a couple adults, no kids?
    For Williamsburg I would recommend three days, one to do the Colonial WIlliamsburg portion, one for Yorktown and Jamestown, and one for Busch Gardens (talk to me in the spring, I may have some discounts).

We like to camp at the Williamsburg Christian Retreat Center.  They have a very nice, small, quiet RV park that is open to anyone, $35 a night in the summer, which is really inexpensive in Williamsburg for a full hook-up site, and about 20 minutes out of town.

I could go on and on about routing for a trip like that.  Heading down Rt 15 from Pennsylvania put you in easy reach of Gettysburg, Harpers Ferry and Antietam.  Cut across on I-66 through Manassass/Bull Run, then down I95 to Fredericksburg, Chancellorsville, Cold Harbor and Petersburg.  Would be a great trip!

Sterling, VA
    Cyclonic said:
    Photomom said:
    For Williamsburg I would recommend three days, one to do the Colonial WIlliamsburg portion, one for Yorktown and Jamestown, and one for Busch Gardens (talk to me in the spring, I may have some discounts).

We like to camp at the Williamsburg Christian Retreat Center.  They have a very nice, small, quiet RV park that is open to anyone, $35 a night in the summer, which is really inexpensive in Williamsburg for a full hook-up site, and about 20 minutes out of town.

I could go on and on about routing for a trip like that.  Heading down Rt 15 from Pennsylvania put you in easy reach of Gettysburg, Harpers Ferry and Antietam.  Cut across on I-66 through Manassass/Bull Run, then down I95 to Fredericksburg, Chancellorsville, Cold Harbor and Petersburg.  Would be a great trip!
    Thanks much. I use Google Earth for routing - drop pins on the places we want to see and the potential campgrounds, and use the ruler tool to quickly approximate distances (we don't like to drive more than 6 hours on travel days.) We'll head to Harrisburg first for the CW museum then on to the Hagerstown area. We were thinking to spend a few days in the Lancaster area on the way back home but might substitute Williamsburg area. DH is still working so we can only do 2 weeks. 
    Photomom said:
    Thanks much. I use Google Earth for routing - drop pins on the places we want to see and the potential campgrounds, and use the ruler tool to quickly approximate distances (we don't like to drive more than 6 hours on travel days.) We'll head to Harrisburg first for the CW museum then on to the Hagerstown area. We were thinking to spend a few days in the Lancaster area on the way back home but might substitute Williamsburg area. DH is still working so we can only do 2 weeks. 
    I know how that works, the whole work thing gets in my way too.

The Civil War Museum in Harrisburg is excellent.  Not the nicest part of town, but the museum itself is worth the visit.  The state capital building is also worth even just a peak inside, if not to take the tour (it is free).

If you decide on Lancaster, a campground recommendation is Beacon Hill in Intercourse.  Small but very well kept, and no kids, it is for adults (16+) only.  Easy walking distance into town too.

Sterling, VA
    Cyclonic said:
    Photomom said:
    I know how that works, the whole work thing gets in my way too.

The Civil War Museum in Harrisburg is excellent.  Not the nicest part of town, but the museum itself is worth the visit.  The state capital building is also worth even just a peak inside, if not to take the tour (it is free).

If you decide on Lancaster, a campground recommendation is Beacon Hill in Intercourse.  Small but very well kept, and no kids, it is for adults (16+) only.  Easy walking distance into town too.
    Trying to decide what to do about the T@B in Harrisburg since we'll be passing thru and not camping there. I emailed the museum to ask about RV parking but they never responded. Wouldn't it be nice if tourist attractions had RV info on their web sites?
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    edited December 2016
    HMMMM.
    Jan.- Asses snowfall on T@B :s:o  Annual Dr. visit, put in request for new knees & back! =)
    Feb.- Repeat of Jan. :o:s
    March- Hopefully dig -out plan for previous 2 months, start preliminary plans for suitable permanent cover for the Wolf T@B.  Begin thawing self out! Hopefully de-winterize Wolf T@B, and who knows, maybe get in some camping.  :|
    April- Wing it for a trip to Lake Roosevelt if plan March, and April weather allows. Put summer shoes back on the Snarling Wolf! =) Begin building permanent cover for the Wolf T@B! :)
    May-  East meets West Washington @ Lincoln Rock State Park , perhaps a boondocking fishing trip or two thrown in! 18th Annual Swan Lake trip with good friends, taking Pit Barrel for a stuffed turkey this time, fellow T@bbers welcome. Note: Plan to boondock. Water & vault style restrooms available. Dump site in town. First come, first serve sites. ;)
    June- Farrugut State Park, whatever else trips our fancy, or comes up between now & then! B)
    July- Trip to Oregon, destination unknown at this point, still working on details with friends. Wing it for boondocking fishing trips. Another trip to Swan Lake. Trip to Lake Roosevelt with family. =)
    August- Plan to find new boondocking places...destination unknown, might just take a drive, and see where it takes us! Lots of lakes & camping places within 100 miles to choose from. B)
    September- Back to Swan Lake with friends- this one makes our 20th Annual get together. Prime rib on the Pit Barrel for sure! More last minute boondocking trips. :)
    October- 'Ya just never know about this one in these here parts! Sometimes 'ya get Indian summer, others, not so much! Kind of a "wing it" month around here. Hopefully at least one boondocking trip! :|
    Nov.- Winterize both house & T@B, get ready for another winter. :s
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

Photomom said:

Trying to decide what to do about the T@B in Harrisburg since we'll be passing thru and not camping there. I emailed the museum to ask about RV parking but they never responded. Wouldn't it be nice if tourist attractions had RV info on their web sites?
    They have bus and RV parking, you will be good to go there.

Sterling, VA
  • sabelsabel Member Posts: 283
    edited December 2016
    Visiting Big Bend National Park, late March.
    edited December 2016
    sabel said:
    Visiting Big Bend National Park, late March.

Uh huh.
    ScottG said:
    Jan: Rake snow off T@B.
    Feb: Rake snow off T@B.
    Mar: Rake snow off T@B.
    Apr: Rake snow off T@B. Or not. Gotta melt soon!
    May: Pull T@B out of mud with 4WD truck. Plan Memorial Day shakedown trip.
    Jun-Sep: Go camping. Dates and locations TBD. (Can't wait!!!)
    Oct: Just one more long weekend. Turn up the heat, just to see if it still works. Winterize.
    Nov: Park T@B out back and deploy overpriced cover.
    Dec: Rake snow off T@B.
    Our climate is similar to yours. I have a storage place rented till the end of March. With any luck the snow won't be too deep when we go to get it and bring it home. 
  • IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    Photomom said:
    ScottG said:
    Jan: Rake snow off T@B.
    Feb: Rake snow off T@B.
    Mar: Rake snow off T@B.
    Apr: Rake snow off T@B. Or not. Gotta melt soon!
    May: Pull T@B out of mud with 4WD truck. Plan Memorial Day shakedown trip.
    Jun-Sep: Go camping. Dates and locations TBD. (Can't wait!!!)
    Oct: Just one more long weekend. Turn up the heat, just to see if it still works. Winterize.
    Nov: Park T@B out back and deploy overpriced cover.
    Dec: Rake snow off T@B.
    Our climate is similar to yours. I have a storage place rented till the end of March. With any luck the snow won't be too deep when we go to get it and bring it home. 
    Yep, I anticipate doing the same! :smiley: 
    Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
    TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.
    Winter - Here
    Spring - Inbetween
    Summer - There
    Fall - Inbetween
  • VermonsterVermonster Member Posts: 80
    I'm about with PXLated, anything beyond 2-3 days from now is a total unknown!
    It is so difficult to get campsite reservations in some places in the Northeast that one has to start planning  nearly a year in advance. Waterside campsites at our favorite NYSDEC park in the Adirondacks get snatched up in ONE MINUTE after reservations open. Family members sit with every computer, iPad, and iPhone they own on the web site and start clicking as soon as reservations open.
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Photomom, Wow! We consider ourselves lucky that we choose to live in the Northwest. I've heard/read about other parts of the country that have the same scenario as you. That's part of the reason we choose to boondock mostly, less crowded. PXL, gotta love it! Stay ahead, or behind the cold, and enjoy. ;) ScottG, I have that same routine down to a tee. We're expecting another round of snow tonight through tomorrow, and then back into single digits with a couple minus degree days thrown into the mix. Oh boy! :s
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

It took only one summer with the T@B for DH to be spoiled by having electricity when camping. I don't think boondocking is in our future. 
    You have electricity when boondocking - It's just 12 volt :-)
    So what's he addicted to, appliances?
    edited December 2016
    PXLated said:
    You have electricity when boondocking - It's just 12 volt :-)
    So what's he addicted to, appliances?
    Music, movies, electric lights...

Doesnt want to spend money on or deal with solar or generator. 
    Ahhhh - No free roaming for you. That 30 amp leash doesn't stretch very far :-)
    PXLated said:
    It's okay. I'm just grateful that I get to go camping in places where I can hike and make photographs. Not too much boondocking here in NY anyway unless you count Walmart. 
    PXLated said:
    Important to remember, not everyone camps in the same way or for the same reasons.

Sterling, VA
    edited January 2017
    Uhmmmmm, Yaaaaaa - Well aware of that.