Options

Where and how do you store your dump hose, water hose?

WrossWross Member Posts: 19
We just bought a 2013 T@B S yesterday, it came with the yellow "shore power" cord under the seat by the door, In my previous RVs there was an outside compartment door that I stored the white water hose, a floor mat, wheel chicks, etc. The dump hose fit into the 4" rear bumper. I read the manual & forums, but did not find an answer: where do you store your hook up hoses? I don't want it inside, I guess I could put it in the battery/propane front compartment? Can you share best practices? Walter 2013 T@B S Tesla S tow vehicle Austin, TX

Comments

• Options
    CodeJunkieCodeJunkie Member Posts: 50
    Hi Walter, and welcome to the forum!  I found the best place for me to store my dump hose is in the battery/propane compartment.  My T@B came with a piece of 4" PVC that the hose was supposed to store inside but, because of the bayonet hose connections, it wouldn't fit.  I added a piece of heavy wire mesh to the under-side of the battery compartment so nothing could fall through and now carry my dump hose and connector there with no worries about "losing" them while traveling.  The PVC pipe now holds plastic WalMart bags for quick trashbags and a ziploc bag with latex gloves for use when handling the dump hose.  The white water hose is stored under the seat by the door.  Maybe someone else has a better solution, but this works for me.  Good luck with your new T@B and happy camping!
    Debbie

2014 T@B S M@xx with wetbath, aka PopT@B, silver with black trim, TV 2002 Chevy Avalanche

"Take only pictures, leave only footprints."
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391

I also store the dump hose into he propane box. I have a clear elbow attached to mine that I stick into he PVC pipe and the rest just sits on top of everything else. I have a bungee to hold it in place, but I am not sure that is necessary. I keep the water hose for potable water in one clear Rubbermaid container and the one I use for rinsing the dump tanks in another clear Rubbermaid container. Those 2 containers either go in my Jeep or on the floor of the T@b, depending on my next destination and my how much I will be hooking up. I am still sort of sorting some of this out. I might end up putting it in the T@b where Debbie described.

Debbie, I like the idea of storing the gloves in a baggie in the PVC pipe and might do that, too. I use electrical cord storage reels to keep my hoses neat. You can only put about a 25' hose on a reel or else the reel will loose its shape. I have been pretty happy with the reel method.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    stanmstanm Member Posts: 49
    edited September 2014
    We have the T@B Q so I no longer worry about 3 inch hose storage. Instead I have an attachment on my 3 inch gray water outlet that allows me to connect a standard water hose to dump my gray water. I bought a black one and use it exclusively for gray water. I also store it in the propane/battery compartment. I coil the hose, connect the ends together and use a nylon strap with a quick disconnect to strap the hose to the propane tank. My potable water hose & filter, for now are stored under the seat with the power cord. Eventually I will also be adding a floor to the propane/battery compartment and keeping the rest of the hook up stuff in there.

By the way, I also keep a 5 gallon container for emptying my gray water when a site does not include sewer. That is also stored in the propane/battery compartment. I got a Coleman container because it's square which sits on its side for very easy dumping (see photo).
    Stan & Kitty - Seattle - 2014 T@B Q, Silver & Orange, 2013 Outback
  • Options
    judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    We were curious about the PVC pipe in battery/propane storage. Did you put a cap on the bottom to keep things from falling through or just screen the entire compartment? Thanks.
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391

I use the a clear elbow (where it goes into dump connection) and that fits perfectly into he pipe without going all of the way down in..The hose then just sits on top of that, battery, and propane.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    I bought a "Stanley Max" tool box, silver gray and black color to match our T@B.  I mounted it, to the frame in front of the propane cover, with "u-shaped" shackles, from the bottom of the frame through the tool box, with nylon lock nuts securing inside the tool box.  I carry a "Blueline Ultimate Sewer Kit" which consists of 2-10 ft  hose section with a hose connector, hose adapter and Universal elbow.  A lock and Velcro strap makes sure the box stays closed.  6000 miles later and 39 days, no problem.  I carry my 25' fresh water hose and electrical cord, coiled on top of the battery box in the propane cover area. Everything worked great for our shake down trip.
    Jeff 
  • Options
    TardismanTardisman Member Posts: 54
    I used a 26" E-Z Hose carrier from Camping world which hold a 10' hose and strapped it to the side of the frame under the LP cover. I used two heavy 24" tie-wrap to hold it on. I have a second tube for my other 10' hose and strap it to my roof rack if needed (which is not often).  Everything else fits in a small plastic container I throw in the truck.

John D. 
    2014 TAB M@X S series

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    It's for storage for the sewer hoses.....
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    TardismanTardisman Member Posts: 54
    DBAZ10, If you are referring to the white PVC pipe in the photo I posted above, I put a shutoff valve on the tank overflow line. I extended it out under the LP box so I could easily reach to operate. I have the 5 Gal fresh water tank under the sink in my TAB and when I towed it I would loose about 2 gals of my supply out of the overflow (not good given I only had 5 gal to start with). The shut off value lets me close the overflow when I am towing and do't loose any of my water. I have to reopen when I have to add more water to the tank. Seems to work well and save a limited resource.

John D. 
    2014 TAB M@X S series

• Options
    AldebaranJillAldebaranJill Member Posts: 452
    @Tardisman - Are the 24" straps zip ties or a different strap?
    2013 MAXX T@B towed by a 2015 Volvo S60 5 CYL AWD Sedan
    Seattle, WA
  • Options
    JustJohnJustJohn Member Posts: 171
    This is how I store mine. In the black tube behind the front box.
    2016 Outback.....North East N.C...... Former 2012 Silver Shadow
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    I don't have an Alde or Furnace, OR a front box at all. (2007 Clamshell) I had a hatch cut on either side of the T@B to access the rear bench storage on my Clamshell. The electric cords and power adapters go in the drivers side hatch.
    Freshwater hoses, my collapsible grey water jug, and my stabilizer crank go in the drivers's side hatch.
    I mounted a 6' long large PVC pipe with screw on ends onto the front frame, just behind the propane tank for my grey water drain hose for when I have full hookups.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    JustJohn said:
    This is how I store mine. In the black tube behind the front box.
    @JustJohn, how is the tube attached to the platform? I've thought of doing something similar.

I currently keep my sewer hose in one of the action packers (mounted exactly like yours), but it would be nice to use that space for other things.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    SeadusterSeaduster Member Posts: 147
    @JustJohn, how are your action packers attached to the platform?  I had planned to just attach mine with straps, but would prefer something more permanent.
    2017 white/black trim T@B Outback; 2017 white Subaru Outback; Seattle
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Photomom - Wowzer, reminds me of a young couple traveling in a 2005 T@B for a year that I met in Theo Roosevelt NP - Had so much stuff stacked on the tongue I swear the back of their Jeep would bounce off the ground at every bump in the road :-)
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    PXLated said:
    Photomom - Wowzer, reminds me of a young couple traveling in a 2005 T@B for a year that I met in Theo Roosevelt NP - Had so much stuff stacked on the tongue I swear the back of their Jeep would bounce off the ground at every bump in the road :-)
    Gotta put it somewhere...
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Restraint is my guide word :-)