warren207warren207 Member Posts: 46
edited January 2017 in Factory Comments
I Love ❤️ the shower
Sara & Mike/2020 AVIA #0066/Denver, CO
2014 Toyota Sequoia

Comments

• Options
    However, the shower walls are lacking. I am thinking of using Flex Shield to seal them. Any suggestions?
    2014 Toyota Sequoia
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    From other threads/discussions it doesn't appear the shower walls are problematic in any way. Haven't seen mention that anyone has gone to the trouble of sealing them.
    In what way are they lacking for you?
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    The shower walls in our Tab came covered with a plastic or vinyl contact-paper-like film, with all corners and seams nicely sealed with silicone. The walls of the remainder of the Tab are the same plastic film.

Never had a problem.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Showers have not been around long enough to have any issues yet. However, when you only have a "wallpaper" type of surface with seams that are glued, it's only a matter of time before you have problems. Just went to RV show here in Denver and smaller trailers are gaining in popularity. In all the shower/toilet combos the shower walls were the same as the base. Plastic.  Also, the caulking along the wall and ceiling is coming off. Not a good sign. Especially on the newest model. 
    2014 Toyota Sequoia
  • Options
    warren207 - Looks like you're the lead (beta tester) on a solution - Let us know what you come up with and how it works out.
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited January 2017
    Ours is 3+ years old. Usually stored outside. No sign of lifting edges or peeling caulk.

It's possibly the favored material because it's the most lightweight wall covering, I imagine. 

I was skeptical at first, but have been pleasantly surprised. Little Guy must have put some care into it.

If installed properly, these products might just last, I'm thinking.

Were the RVs Tabs, where you saw the bad caulk?
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    warren207 said:
    Showers have not been around long enough to have any issues yet. However, when you only have a "wallpaper" type of surface with seams that are glued, it's only a matter of time before you have problems. Just went to RV show here in Denver and smaller trailers are gaining in popularity. In all the shower/toilet combos the shower walls were the same as the base. Plastic.  Also, the caulking along the wall and ceiling is coming off. Not a good sign. Especially on the newest model. 
    On a new RV, that is a problem. To my knowledge, that hasn't been an issue with a T@b, yet. Of course, re-caulking will eventually be required, but so far, so good. I do squeegee the walls after I shower, especially if I am in the east. You would think if the walls were going ot be problematic, our full tiemrs would have had an issue, by now.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    We use the shower frequently and never use campground showers anymore.  We also squeegee the walls and wipe them dry, along with the floor and areas around the stool and absolutely love the convenience of using the shower.  No issues and no leaking or peeling, etc.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    No issues with the shower walls here either.  We hung a cheap lightweight shower curtain using Velcro to cover the seat and just tuck it to the side after showering.  We too wipe down the walls and floor afterwards with a quick dry towel.

Considering how quick and low water usage you have to be in the T@b I don't expect it to be a problem.
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    abenteurerabenteurer Member Posts: 72
    Our shower sees about four uses a day while camping with no squeegee or towel drying and we have not had any problems. We do leave to shower door open when we can to air dry, especially at night. We love the Max S shower and rarely see the inside of a campground shower or bathroom.
    2016 T@B M@x S | 2015 Grand Cherokee 5.7L HEMI (awesome) with factory tow pkg | 2017 Wrangler Sahara (awesome) 4-dr with factory max tow pkg
  • Options
    Took my baby into the shop with a laundry list of items that need to be fixed before my one year warranty is up. They re caulked the shower area, sealed the seam in the shower, fixed the toilet flushing valve, reattached the refrigerator seal, fixed the pump, adjusted the "flow control " for the hot water (we were only getting warm). Along with many other items that needed attention. I would have thought that I would not have had so many issues.  Taking out next week and hoping that I will not experience any additional problems. 
    2014 Toyota Sequoia
  • Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    I would be interested to know what they are doing to adjust the "flow control" because ours isn't getting real hot either and we have the temperature adjustment knob on the Alde all the way up. Are there other adjustments that can help that?

warren207 said:

Took my baby into the shop with a laundry list of items that need to be fixed before my one year warranty is up. They re caulked the shower area, sealed the seam in the shower, fixed the toilet flushing valve, reattached the refrigerator seal, fixed the pump, adjusted the "flow control " for the hot water (we were only getting warm). Along with many other items that needed attention. I would have thought that I would not have had so many issues.  Taking out next week and hoping that I will not experience any additional problems. 

2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    dsatwork - Now, I could be totally wrong cuz I'm going by memory and my T@B doesn't have the mixer but I think the valve is continuous turn so there's no stop at full hot or cold and you can overshoot and start to get cooler again. - Can anyone verify that?
    And who knows, they could have changed to a different valve by now.
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    Somewhere I remember posts saying that the knob should be set in the middle, not either high or low. Can't verify it yet, but that stuck in my brain.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    fwillisonfwillison Member Posts: 35
    My water wasn't hot enough when I turned the control knob all the way to +.  What you can do is take out the screw holding the knob to the stem, pull the knob off and turn it and reattach.  It is splined.  This way you get more turns to the stem and you can get the temperature hot enough.  Hope that made sense.
    Fred and Nicole Willison
    Tulsa, OK
    2017 Tab S Max Outback silver/silver
  • Options
    RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    Wow did not know....will give that a try.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Same info my tech. gave me, it works, just do it in small increments until you're happy with the results. The other thing he mentioned was a few bad mixing valves, so if it doesn't work, you can get it warrantied. 
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Thanks @fwillison @RollingBnB @ericnliz love learning new stuff
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Thanks for the post with the pictures of how to adjust the knob.  Just be careful to only adjust the knob one turn.  I keep adjusting to turn off the cold and only have the hot.  Pow... the whole thing flew off and water everywhere.  Turned off the water and had to figure out how to put it back together.  Was able to accomplish this and now I have hot water. Yeah....
    2014 Toyota Sequoia
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @warren207, Free shower! Got tired of trying to adjust mine, still no hot water after 30 seconds of REALLY hot water. Taking to the dealer for warranty today. I'm gonna let 'em keep it until it's fixed! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    drpprmtdrpprmt Member Posts: 117
    This is our first trip so I don't know how the walls will hold up.  So far ours look great.  My (my wife) is the floor.  It gets quite dirty with trips to the pot during the day.  Next morning it is not pleasant for showers..  How does everyone keep the floor clean?
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I cut a bathtub mat to size for the shower floor. You can quickly dump it outside at the end of the day and it gives you a very safe surface for showers. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    EmergencyKenEmergencyKen Member Posts: 29
    we are currently looking at a 320 vs 400. One of my concerns with the 320 is also the vinyl wallpaper shower walls.  It looks like it’s been a while since this thread fhas been updated, and I’m curious how everyone is doing?  Are the shower walls still looking good/working good after a year or so of use? Is everyone still happy with them? 
    Cleveland, OH
    2018 Tab 400 
    2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    Husband, Nurse, Hufflepuff

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,496
    No problem.  I use a special synthetic cloth to wipe the walls down after use and run the fan well during showers and after.  Everything remains like new.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    gbellgbell Member Posts: 88
    We just recaulked the shower base where it meets the wall. Some caulking was coming off and water was able to drip down the wall and slide to under the shower. Not much but enough to recaulked it. Easy to fix.
  • Options
    kaylevine1kaylevine1 Member Posts: 165
    i purchased a bamboo bath mat after measuring the available space-it will do double duty because in the summer when it is hot and we want to use the outside shower after swimming etc. i will move outside so our feet do not get muddy-was also thinking of getting another rubber nonskid to cut to size if needed

• Options
    kaylevine1kaylevine1 Member Posts: 165
    i keep an eva-dry hanging in the bathroom and turn on the overhead vent for awhile to help it dry out quickly
  • Options
    foxrocks400exfoxrocks400ex Member Posts: 6
    my 2017 320s shower base was separating from the wall where it is caulked. i peeled the old caulking off and resealed. no problems since. I would love to see a solid fiberglass or plastic 1 piece shower in these. 
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    @EmergencyKen two seasons down and no problems with my shower walls. I squeegee them and wipe with a towel. I need to work with my mixer valve next spring, but I love having a shower!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red