Options

2014 T@B S floor plan new owners--no walk through

KatsKats Member Posts: 95
edited October 2014 in Factory Comments
We are new owners of a 2014 S plan. We did not receive any kind of walk through from the dealer, so we are floundering our way through figuring how to operate the trailer. We have lots of separate manuals, but have been spending the morning looking at internet posts and discussions in this forum to figure out things like how to drain the water heater tank, how to fill the water tank, how to sanitize, etc. Our Alde manual doesn't seem to apply to our Alde system, but there was a separate piece of paper that applies to the control panel. We are just a bit confused, as you can imagine. Confused enough that we are now just giving up for the day and turning or attention to stacking wood. 

Does anyone have any information on the BASICS for this trailer? We printed out the owner's manual, but it really doesn't give us a lot of information, and some of the information doesn't even seem to apply to our trailer.

Comments

• Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    Awesome summary Jenn!

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    Great post, Jenn!
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    KatsKats Member Posts: 95
    Thanks so much Jenn! Our maiden trip is going to be to a wedding on Cape Cod later this year. The plan is to go to the wedding, then come back to the trailer, change, and get into our gear to go fishing for striped bass!
  • Options
    radrenradren Member Posts: 229
    I know how important the dealership is when you are buying a trailer, any trailer.  Especially if you are a first time buyer. I am lucky I had two dealerships to choose from. I would have liked to use the dealership only 45 minutes away but I chose the dealership 2.5 hours. (Little guy in San Diego) They know their stuff and  encourage you to ask questions about the trailers. They also CAMP with their customers. That sealed the deal for me and made the extra travel time worthwhile. I am saying this AFTER waiting 3 months to get my trailer and it being the WRONG trailer. San Diego little guy and Chris Baum at the factory did everything possible to correct the problem and make me happy.  Customer service and the T@B reputation is their number one priority. I know I bought the right trailer from the right people. Thank you Little guy in San Diego for being my dealership and Little guy in Ohio for making this wonderful little trailer. 
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391

I know it is a delicate issue, but I wish there was a way to review dealers. I know there are outside reviews (Yelp, etc.) but they would not be T@b specific. I picked the dealer closest to me, which was still close to 4 hours away.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Constructive feedback goes a long way and am sure that you could speak to Little Guy World Wide and discuss issues/suggestions with them if you do it appropriately.  I've always dealt with people with an attitude that "you get more bees with honey" approach.  Little Guy knows that their dealers are the life blood of their company and am sure they would welcome any feedback that comes their way.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ