Options

How's the Weather in Quartzsite this year?

jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
How are the AZ snowbirds holding up? Seems like you were cold around this time last year?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited January 2017
    Colder, windier, rainier - Weather across whole SW has been worse than the last two years. I don't spend much time in Quartzsite but have so far hung way further south than the last two years. 
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    edited January 2017
    It's gotta be warmer than here! 5* this morning.  :s Shiver me timbers! :o
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,676
    The desert SW has caught plenty of rain this year, and things are actually turning slightly green.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    It is very green in the SW, thanks to the monsoons last fall and the rain this "winter".

I've been in short sleeves, a jacket after dark until this weekend. No shorts yet. I believe it was in late January last year when I started wearing shorts.

It's been in the low 50's this weekend, after almost two weeks in the upper 60's to low 70's.  I think Cindy Lou, the Emu, was a bit chilly yesterday and last night. She went into her pen in the afternoon, not nearer to dark as I am used to.  

I need to remember to check the propane today since the Alde ran a bit more than normal this weekend. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Verna said:
     I think Cindy Lou, the Emu, was a bit chilly yesterday and last night. She went into her pen in the afternoon, not nearer to dark as I am used to.  
    Poor Cindy Lou. :cry:

I bet it will be a dandy of a wildflower bloom in Death Valley.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    JKJenn, I was thinking the same thing about the spring flowers. They are so pretty when they are blooming.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    This was only the third day in 2.5 weeks that I've been in short sleeves - feels good. Of course, I'm no longer in Quartzsite.
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553

It was cloudy this past weekend in Quartzsite, but didn't rain and the temps were mild.  Very beautiful sunsets and mostly sunny during the day.  First time I've been in Quartzsite this time of year. :):)

Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    Beth - Sprinkled on the south end and when I was down at Kofa.
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553

Heck, PXL, the sprinkles didn't mess with our outdoor marathon game of Bananagrams!  Hope it didn't kill your photo ops. :):)

Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options