Options

Considering T@B - Need Advice

sabelsabel Member Posts: 283
edited October 2014 in Factory Comments
We currently own a 5 wide Little Guy but want to move up a little. Is the T@DA still manufactured? I can't really find a dealer. We like the T@B too but were hoping for something that you didn't have to make up the bed each time. What kind of issues can I expect with the T@B? Ive

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    edited September 2014

T@das are no longer manufactured. You can occasionally find them for sale, used, but you will probably need to drive to get one.

I bought my T@b this year and have been very happy with it. I use a sleeping bag/Thermarest combo that easily stows behind the back bench in less than 30 seconds. It is a very easy combination and takes about the same amount of time to set up. I just did a pretty detailed review of my T@b here. Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

I will update my review as soon as I have confirmed it, but I believe the three-way fridges use too much energy or the T@b to retain its charge from the TV while driving. I don't believe its as much as an issue as it was a lack of education. Make sure you buy from a good dealer I you do go the T@b route.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options

jkjenn

We've been studying this forum for some time. Issues like charging system., faulty electrical ground, and soft spots in floor have come up. Our 2008 Little Guy has had its share of issues too but we still love it. Closest dealer is about two hours away, Billings, Mt, so that's not too far for us. Just interested in getting opinions and experiences from owners. Dealer currently only has two T@B's in stock and both are clam shells. One reason for changing is to get the kitchen inside out of Wyoming's wind and cold.

Thanks for the response.

• Options
    NormfunNormfun Member Posts: 285
    Sabel That dealer is probably Bretz RV? If so they can pull a unit from their other two locations for you. Just a thought.
    Norm & Pat. 320 S Outback Utah or somewhere else.

• Options

It is Bretz!  Visited them this Spring and was impressed with the T@B, just wasn't ready to see the Little Guy go yet. Contacted them last week ( after several days in Yellowstone ) and all they had were clam shells in the wrong color. We're in no hurry now that winter is around the corner. We'll continue to do research and decide by Spring. One thing I really like about the Little Guy is you're bed is always made and it a good mattress. Bad thing about the Little Guy is you have to go outside to do everything else. Sounds like you have to make a bed every time on the T@B.

Thanks for the advice.

• Options
    deputydogdeputydog Member Posts: 103

I have the wet/bath s floor plan and love it.  Everything is inside which is perfect for me.  When I'm in, I'm in. I sleep wheel to wheel so room is plentiful. This T@B is the best investment I have made in my 60 yrs.  Love hanging in and out, using T@B tent, which adds about 100 more sq.ft.  Lived in fl. for a month and had no problems with lack of room. Therefore going back for 3 months in winter and can't wait. Again room is no problem.

TV is a 2007 Jeep Liberty. Own 2015 T@B Maxx s/wet-bath white green. St. Clair Shores, MI.

• Options

Guys,

There's two of us ( and a German Shepherd dog ) so space is a bit more important. We'll have to go to the dealer and try out the different sleeping arrangements available; I'm 5'-10" so wheel to wheel sleeping might be tight.

One other question I have; Based on your tow vehicle, are any of you required to tow with a weight distribution hitch ( WDH )? We tow with a 2011 Toyota 4 Runner and currently use a 2" ball hitch with the Little Guy. Owner's manual states to use a WDH for trailers with a GVWR over 2000 lbs. The T@B's dry weight is less than the magic 2000 lb. but GVWR is a little over that.

Thanks again

• Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    I saw a 2008 T@DA for sale in western OR for $13,000.  It's on Portland's CG and on the Yahoo T@B group.  There's another for sale, too, if I could remember where....
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...