Options

Looking into a T@B Max S Model

Good afternoon all!!! Greetings  from Massachusetts...., My new wife and I are considering getting into camping again, as we have both had prior tenting experiences in our respective past lives. we both have always been admirers of teardrops and are ready to seriously start shopping. We do some off roading with our Wrangler and  originally started looking at the Little Guy 6 Wide. After looking at them on line we decided to take a ride to the nearest dealer (3 1/2 hrs away) lol... The Dealer had (2) T@B Max trailers on site but they were already sold and awaiting pickup. The dealer was gracious enough to let us look at them and My wife fell in love with the amenities. 
That being said we are now in the process of deciding exactly what we need and or want.  I have a few questions before I order. 

1) Did anyone have any ordering issues? 
2) if I order, is it with the wait?
3) are the heating and air  conditioning options a good value for the added cost? 

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

Jeepguy

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391

Hi JeepGuy,

I ordered, and to me, it was worth the wait to get what I wanted, but that is an individual choice. I always am taking the best deal on the lot and never get the color of vehicle I want so I decided to make sure I got the color of T@b I wanted.

I have the wetbath, Alde system, and A/C and am really happy that I have all three I needed the A/C when I was in Moab this summer in over 100 degree weather and turned the heat on briefly lastly night at Dolly Sods, in WV. I really like the Alde system.

I did not have ordering issues, but I was not thrilled with my dealer. The walkthrough was shabby and follow up service has shown little understanding of the T@b. IF you can, find a dealer that comes highly recommended.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    jeepguy753jeepguy753 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Jkjen,
    Thanks for the info. The more I look into these, I think that I would be sorry to loose a few of the comforts of home for a few bucks... Lol...
    Thanks
  • Options
    jeepguy753jeepguy753 Member Posts: 3
    LadyArtist, Thanks for the advice, it is very appreciated. We will be reviewing the available options and  decide from there...
    Thanks
    Jeepguy
  • Options
    Cheryl74074Cheryl74074 Member Posts: 71
    We ordered our T@bitha on 2/22/14 and it was delivered June 8. It took longer than we had hoped but it was well worth the wait! We used the air conditioning while traveling through the southwest this summer, and we live in Oklahoma where it can get too hot to camp comfortably without it. We're on our way up to Maine and Canada right now, so expect that we'll be using the Alde for heat. We've already used it for hot water and it works great with both propane and electric. We've used the shower, but only when the campground didn't have one. It's nice to have the toilet, but we have the 'no #2' rule- unless it's an emergency :) We just visited Little Guy in Ohio on Monday, and we saw one of their new 'Outback' T@bs, which is made for off roading- perhaps you should look at that option?? The options do seem endless, so just figure out what you need and how you like to camp!
    Cheryl, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel, 2015 T@b S Maxx (T@bitha)
  • Options
    JustjudyJustjudy Member Posts: 75
    Hello jeepguy753, We have the S Maxx and it's the bomb. The A/C was a lifesaver for our whole camping party recently when the weather was in the high 90s. People came in shifts (we had a huge group) for a drink and a few minutes of cool bliss. The bathroom was heaven for me in the middle of the night...no crunching through the gravel of the campground with a flashlight. The Alde system is wonderful, too. The heat is even and lovely. It does take a while to get up to speed. I agree with Jenn about finding a good dealer if at all possible. Ours knows nothing about the T@B and their customer service skills are non-existent. We had to wait about 4 months to get exactly what we wanted, but I am so glad we did. Judy
    Larry and Judy. 2015 T@B S M@xx. Silver with black trim. Bell@. Towed by a 2005 Toyota Tacoma.
  • Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    S M@xx and Jeeper here as well. In the grand scheme of things, I want to be prepared for whatever and wherever we camp on the road. AC is a must for us (although we haven't needed it yet, as the fantastic fan does a fa... well, you get it). I have never showered in the unit, but reserve the right to.

The S M@xx is a real "wow" factor... big RV amenities in an exceptionally towable package. Works great with my JK (and a brake controller).
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553

Hi, JeepGuy -- I have a 2014 T@B S Maxx, and I love her!  Got in 8 camping trips since last April.  I would not give up the little shower/toilet, although it does reduce storage space. I think the new 2015 models are eliminating the sink in the bath area, which is a good idea.  I used the shower one time last season, but that one time was so welcomed.  The campground bathroom smelled strongly of fish and it was dirty -- lot of sand on the floor and hair in the sinks.  I said, golly, I'm going back to my T@B for a CLEAN shower!!!  I DOUBLE would not give up the Alde.  It is very quiet and can be used in much colder temps for heat without the need for water. 

The T@B tows very well and has everything that a huge RV has without the hassle.  I took my last camping trip last weekend, and I am sad to put her into storage until next April. 

I bought mine off the lot with everything I wanted, so ordering was not an issue for me.  The dealer sales team could have been better, service-wise and knowledge-wise, but my tech and walk-through was awesome.  I bought my T@B in November 2013, and so I would advise buying in the off season.  You just get better service.

Happy shopping!      

:D
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391

Beth, I agree about the bathroom! I use the facilities at some campgrounds and the T@b at others, but I always shower in the T@b. The 2015 models did eliminate the bathroom sink and I have never wished it was in my T@b.

One thing about towing with a Jeep - if you don't have a tow package, consider going to a dealer to add a transmission cooler (if you have an automatic.) My transmission did well last summer towing in 100+ degree weather, but the radiator got warm (not overheated) and I had to shut off there A/C at times so it could cool down. It only happened 2 times while I was driving long days in 100+ heat. I have considered getting a heat deduct hood because they do tend to get so warm under the hood.

I will winterize soon but plan on camping into the winter thanks to my Alde!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014