Options

How Hot is Hot?

Hello, all.
We have a 2017 T@b Max S. It seems that the "hot" water coming from the Alde is more on the lukewarm side --  about 102 to 109 degrees and it is only good for about 2 gallons. We've tried moving the mixing knob to the maximum position, but that does not seem to help. Are we asking to much of the system? Is this as hot as the water gets? Any way to get hotter water?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ColoradoJonColoradoJon Member Posts: 415
    edited January 2017
    The water gets very hot.  I had the same problem with the hot water and adjusted the mixing valve as explained by Ed Kauffman in a post by Michigan_Mike in this thread:

Little Hot Water

It is an easy adjustment, just do a little at a time until you are satisfied with the temp!
    Jon & Angela | Florissant Colorado | 2017 Outback S
  • Options
    marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    I do remember someone here on the forums saying that it's possible to adjust it too far and it went back lukewarm. I had to adjust mine and it was right around a quarter turn counter clockwise, if I remember correctly, to get it nice and hot.
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    You should have the digital control panel. There is a menu a few levels down that lets you display boiler temp and sanitary temp. That will let you check it your Alde is heating properly. Info in the Alde manual. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,473
    The water comes out of my Alde (2015 S w/ analog controls and no mixing valve) at ~130F or ~150F, depending on the setting. This is consistent with what is stated in the Alde manual.

While it could be a problem with your Alde's internal thermostat, more likely you need to adjust or replace your mixing valve.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    HamTabHamTab Member Posts: 11
    So it looks like we need to find the "sweet spot" on the mixing valve.
    We will give it a try tonight.
    Thanks to all who responded!
  • Options
    DaveCDaveC Member Posts: 83
    edited July 2017
    Got heater and sanitary up to 122+. What do heater and sanitary refer to?  I could only get hot water at tap 100, so I increased the max per the T@B 2017 manual.  It says 1/4 turn is 7 c or 47 f.  By my calculations a change of 7c is 7*9/5= 12.6f.  I think they added 32. I increased the max a full turn and now have 120+ hot water.
    2017 T@B 320 Outback 2023 400 BD (IdahoTabato) pushing a 2023 Volvo XC90
  • Options
    Silver320Silver320 Member Posts: 30
    @DaveC  For reference, when we take a shower we hit the shower button on the Alde panel and then monitor the heater/sanitary temps.  The heater temp will go up to something like 160 and the sanitary to mid 140s.  We wait to take showers until the sanitary temp gets to 140.   
    2017 T@B Max S (Silver-Silver), TV 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
    States Visited Map