Options

Leak or Condensation?

I have posted this on the FB group and tried to get help, but I'm still not sure where the water is coming from.
I camped Friday night to Sunday morning with full hookup site. First day (Friday night), I arrived and hooked up water/electric/sewer (gray water valve closed) but did not take a shower in the T@B (only washed hands/brushed teeth; showered at campground rest room). I left the Alde on all night. Next morning, no leak or anything. It was 32 degrees outside (by the lake).
Second night, I used sink to wash dishes and took a shower with the gray water valve open and went to bed. I forgot to leave the vent on the ceiling (fantastic fan) open, and the condensation in the wetbath was pretty bad (it was dripping from ceiling. It was 37 degrees outside. Again, I left the Alde on all night. Next morning, I went outside, and saw the ground pretty wet under and around the T@B. Looked under the T@B and saw a bunch of water dripping from everywhere.
I was using a water pressure regulator (actually two: one that was already installed on the faucet and the one I brought) .I checked all the water valves and floors. I also opened the panel behind the shower and see if there's anything loosen. Everything looked fine. Floor was completely dry everywhere. So, I assume the water came from under the floor. Is this condensation? I just can't think of any leak between the floor and the bottom of the trailer. When I got home (30 mins from the campground), there was nothing dripping...

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited January 2017
    Any moisture/water under the drivers side bench seat where all the plumbing runs? Or in the cabinet under the sink? Or in the water pump compartment? Alde glycol tank at it's proper level?
    If it was 32 in morning, any idea how cold it got overnight?
  • Options
    JiroTXJiroTX Member Posts: 124
    PXLated said:
    Any moisture/water under the drivers side bench seat where all the plumbing runs? Or in the cabinet under the sink? Or in the water pump compartment? Alde glycol tank at it's proper level?
    If it was 32 in morning, any idea how cold it got overnight?
    The first thing I did was opening up all the benches to see if there's any leak or not. Everything inside the T@B was dry. Floor/under the cabinet/under the fridge...
    Somebody suggested to check the water pump on FB. It was completely dry and looked brand new. The hose was a little loosen, so I tighten it. I peaked under the water pump, but it was dry there also. I was at the full hookup site and did not use the water pump.
    Alde glycol tank is right above (about 2 mm above) the MIN line. I will probably need to add some water to it.
    32 in the morning means, the low temp was 32 (according to the weather forecast), but that was the day before the water leak. The low temperature on the night I saw everything wet under the T@B was 37. 
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @JiroTX, welcome to the heavy breathers club! Sounds like condensation.

The bathroom is colder than the main cabin of the T@B when you don't leave the shower door open a tiny bit. That combined with the outside temp and ambient moistures makes for itty bitty raindrops inside.

The stuff under and around could have been moisture that froze temporarily and then dripped when it warmed up. The one hose you showed that was cut at an angle is the AC drip pan hose. Some condensation might have temporarily frozen in the pan and the hose was just doing its job after it thawed when the sun came up.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Ratkity,
    My roommate who camped with me this time is one of those HEAVY breathers. I just didn't know that it could make condensation between the bottom panel (pan) of the trailer and the floor. Yes, we had the Alde on all night pretty high (I think I set it to 73F), and the condensation inside the T@B was pretty bad (bathroom and windows). We were camping lakeside. Humidity level can be pretty high at night time in East Texas. I am not sure about that day, but it could be 90% sometimes (dries up to pretty low humidity level during daytime in winter).
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    JiroTX, Did you open a window, or vent a little? Might try it, helps with the condensation. Like Ratkity said, keep the bathroom door open a little too.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    ericnliz,
    Like I said, I forgot to leave the vent open that night. The amount of water dripping from the T@B made me think it would be a leak from somewhere... I will test some when I get a chance.

Jiro
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited January 2017
    If you can't find water/moisture anywhere else, probably is condensation. 
  • Options
    PXLated, I'm hoping it was just condensation. I can't recreate the same situation for a while. It's been warm this week (77F yesterday and today), and it looks like low temperature this week and next week is going to be between 40-66F. I am pretty sure we're going to have at least one more winter before we have real summer. I'll let y'all know what I find out.

Thanks for your help everyone!

Jiro
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Looking at the photos, I am thinking condensation.  Moisture in the air under the trailer froze over night and then thawed out when it finally got warm enough under there.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    JiroTX said:
    PXLated, I'm hoping it was just condensation. I can't recreate the same situation for a while. It's been warm this week (77F yesterday and today), and it looks like low temperature this week and next week is going to be between 40-66F. I am pretty sure we're going to have at least one more winter before we have real summer. I'll let y'all know what I find out.

Thanks for your help everyone!

Jiro
    I'm jealous of the temps and camping by the lake!!! :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Ratkity, I don't know where you are located, but I'm pretty sure I'll be jealous of your temps when summer comes.  :)
    It was not really "by the lake." We just stayed at the Lakeview site. The water front side was full.

Video from this weekend camping/hiking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PkdPzSTNHw Video from my Florida trip back in December: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpiM2Vb6fTI
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
     Quote: I was using a water pressure regulator (actually two: one that was already installed on the faucet and the one I brought)

What is is sometimes mistaken for a pressure regulator at camp sites is really a back flow preventer. 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Ok, more food pr0n!!! OMG, that looks yummy. Look at them shrimps. *sigh* You and PXL need a cook-off and I'll be the official taste tester. I think PXL should make dessert and you can cook up that yummy meal above. *sigh*
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Dalehelman, that's what it is? I always use my own pressure regulator anyway. I am glad I have been!

Ratkity, haha, yeah I cook a lot. I think I was the only one who was cooking with pressure cooker at the entire campground... :)