Options

Dual 6V Batteries.....

13»

Comments

• Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    The Interstate GC2's at Costco are 10 1/4 L  X 7 1/8 W X 11 1/8 H.   They fit snugger than snug in the Outback tub,  so I would check the L & W dimensions closely if you go with another brand.  Looks like all Interstate GC2's are identical,  don't know about other brands.
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    jasinjasin Member Posts: 8
    @db_cooper @Michigan_Mike Are there any concerns with the battery terminals getting wet since they're not in a box? I know the outback tub collects water in the rain. Thanks!
    2016 Outback MAX S, 2014 Ford F-150 FX4

• Options
    wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    Yep, all golf cart batteries are identical size.  Group GC2.

Sorry I didn't post earlier, busy working for the man too.  My setup has the batteries inside with a ventilation system.

If you have a 3way fridge you'll get 5-6 days camping easy!  I can get almost 3 with the DC only fridge.
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • Options
    AirlinerAirliner Member Posts: 7
    T@Balong said:
    Are all 6v golf cart batteries the same size?  It would be frustrating to purchase these batteries and discover they won't fit in the standard front storage tub after all?
    Usually yes, but with older models no.
  • Options
    AirlinerAirliner Member Posts: 7
    By the way, anyone tried using Shorai battery? Its a lithium based battery. Most owners of motorcycle and other power sports vehicle use it as an alternative to the oem. I believe even online truck parts are selling this brand.
  • Options
    wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    edited March 2017
    They're great---if you can afford them.  To get a battery of equivalent capacity to golf cart or group 24 batteries, you're well over $1000.  Prices are dropping however.

The other problem is they're not compatible with the converter.  You'd need to completely rewire your RV battery system and replace the converter with a lithium compatible charger and controller.  There exist these so-called drop-in batteries, but the converter voltage will damage them.

Google around for others who have performed the conversion on their own RV to get an idea for costs and the management required.  They are definitely the future, but costs must come down first.

T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA