Options

Remove Stove Top

SwatSwat Member Posts: 3
Has anyone removed the two burner stove top from their Little Guy T@B? If so any special problems? I have a 2014 S model. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Very easy to do.  Screws are hidden under the four rubber bumpers.  Use a plastic putty knife to break the bead of caulk around the edge.  Should come right out.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,446
    I've removed mine a number of times to access the top of the fridge and the propane hoses. I have a 2015 and it didn't have the bead of caulk, making the job that much easier.

Note that in some models the sink is held to counter with little clamps that loosen and engage (theoretically) when you turn the screws. In other models, the screws go directly into blocks of wood. I had the clamps, but sloppy cutting of the stove hole kept them from tightening down properly. I got tired of fussing with them and ended up replacing them with wood blocks.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    My 2015 didn't have caulk either. It was taken out three times when I was having fridge problems and one of the service guys tightened the screws too tight and broke three of the anchor blocks - So far no luck at any RV places finding them - evidently our stove is a european model and the american market models have different anchors a Gonna have to see if the factory has any.
    So, easy out, easy in, just don't crank the screws down too tight.
  • Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    Nomad said:
    My 2015 didn't have caulk either. It was taken out three times when I was having fridge problems and one of the service guys tightened the screws too tight and broke three of the anchor blocks - So far no luck at any RV places finding them - evidently our stove is a european model and the american market models have different anchors a Gonna have to see if the factory has any.
    So, easy out, easy in, just don't crank the screws down too tight.
    Hey PixlMad (I like that better than Nomad or Pixlated) because I know your crazy about photography. Anyhow, were able to get the parts needed from NuCamp for your stove?
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Pxl, (I missed this thread) those anchors are a pain anyway... And it's pretty easy to install wood blocks under each corner to screw into, rather than depending on those silly plastic anchors that barely catch.

Somebody else here did that, and illustrated it nicely...
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya