Options

Dripping sound

mrvacmanmrvacman Member Posts: 4
Hi!  First time here and we are new owners of a 2017 T@B S Max. We have yet to use our camper due to the weather so we have it plugged in the driveway.  While we are stocking it up so if we can ever escape it'll be ready. One thing we noticed is when we are sitting in it there is a dripping noise coming from behind the sofa. We have not used the alde system yet in fact haven't even turned it on. We haven't found any leaks or problems. We checked the forum but couldn't find anything that was posted of this noise. When we pull power cord it stops. 

Comments

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I know you haven't used the Alde system, but it sounds like your pump is on and the system might not be shut off completely - especially since you said it stops when you turn on the power. Your Alde might be on "electric only" mode (thus not hearing the drip on battery 12V). Let us know what you find!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    LauraReyLauraRey Member Posts: 338
    My Alde makes a bubbling sound when it starts up.  I can hear the bubbles in the glycol storage in the back right.
    Red and White, 2017 Max S being towed by a 2014 Honda Ridgeline.  Hello Mountains!
  • Options
    mrvacmanmrvacman Member Posts: 4
    Thanks Ratkity. It was the circulation pump working.  Will get all this info stuffed in our heads sooner or later.
  • Options
    KBaggins1KBaggins1 Member Posts: 135
    We had to make up an instruction sheet for our Alde. We have the manual controller and we always forget how to use it between trips.
    2014 T@B M@XS;  2017 Ford Transit Low Roof, Reg. Wheel Base
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    edited March 2017
    @mrvacman - the best mod I ever did (ok - top 5) was to convert to the digital thermostat. Mine was plug and pra... I'm mean play. I just had to pull the umpteen feet of wires to it out of the wall to find the plug. Some things aren't used (e.g. electronic pump control), but loved the other features.

P.S. The new camper's electronic thermostat just arrived for the new camper! That's the mod this weekend. More snow and sleet predicted.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Ratkity said:
    @mrvacman - the best mod I ever did (ok - top 5) was to convert to the digital thermostat. Mine was plug and pra... I'm mean play. I just had to pull the umpteen feet of wires to it out of the wall to find the plug. Some things aren't used (e.g. electronic pump control), but loved the other features.

P.S. The new camper's electronic thermostat just arrived for the new camper! That's the mod this weekend. More snow and sleet predicted.

@Ratkity why was this?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited April 2017

mrvacman said:

It was the circulation pump working.  Will get all this info stuffed in our heads sooner or later.

We learned the hard way on our recent trip out west that you DO need to pay attention to detail from one camping area to another.  Linda complained one morning that she couldn't sleep because of the non-stop "dripping" that she'd heard all night long and that she was cold.  

The night she heard the dripping we were boondocking after having previously camped in a full hookup campground with a 30 amp service. Upon further inspection of the Alde digital thermostat settings I found that the Alde unit was set on "electric" and once I set the unit back to "propane" the dripping sound stopped, the unit started to heat on propane and the trailer started to heat up.  Live and learn!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ