Options

Newbie needing advice.

2»

Comments

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Hey Pete! What's the towing capacity of that trike? Pulling your Tab?  :open_mouth:
    Looks great!

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    sbhtennissbhtennis Member Posts: 67
    I am hardly past the  "just got my RV stage" but I went to Rack N Road ( Seattle) and they did a great job getting my  brake and light system all wired up.
  • Options
    Hi Ibof, I sent you a private message, so hopefully you received that. In the mean time, if I were to recommend ONE SINGLE item for you to buy its the BAL Wheel Leveler.  Its THE EASIEST way to level your T@B. I see people using those yellow lego blocks and wonder why would you make life so hard for yourself! I'm lucky to get the camper backed straight into the spot much less trying to back up precisely on to the blocks.  The BAL Leveler just slips around the tire and you crank it up until you are level (I sit my level on the step or just inside the door so I can see it while I crank)  Its bulky to transport, but ease of use makes up for it.  If you respond to my private message, I will gladly send you my meticulous checklists.  I have one for leaving home, arriving camp, departing camp, arriving back home, plus countless other things you need to remember.  
  • Options
    TTTabTTTab Member Posts: 100
    robyn769 I had issues with my account so lbof is now TTTab
    2015 T@B M@x S silver and white
    tv 2010 Lexus RX350 Matador red  
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    robyn769: The reason, the blocks are more versatile. Even allow you to raise your TV to raise the tongue if you remain hooked up. If you only need to raise the T@B side to side and use the jack for front to back, a BAL works fine.
    TTTab: There's several passionate threads on leveling methods - if interested, search for "level" or "levelers" or "blocks" or "BAL" or "Anderson" and you'll get the pros/cons of each type.
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    edited March 2017
    Don't forget the wine or beer or other beverage of choice!!! (and your favorite chair to kick back and enjoy
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    OK so Tues I need to pick up my T@B at the storage lot and take it to the dealer.  It should be about 1 1/2 hr drive.  When I picked my T@B up, the former owner gave me a thorough walk thru   I drove home about a 4 hr drive and was nervous but did ok.  When I took it to the storage lot the lot owner backed it in for me and disconnected it from the TV.  Now I am so nervous since I need to now back up my TV and hook up the T@B and I don't remember a thing.  i spend every day on this forum and love all that I am reading and learning.  However it becomes overwhelming.  Wish me luck on my drive to the dealer!
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861

TTTab said:

Now I am so nervous since I need to now back up my TV and hook up the T@B and I don't remember a thing.  i spend every day on this forum and love all that I am reading and learning.  However it becomes overwhelming.  Wish me luck on my drive to the dealer!

This should help you back up if you take your time.  

http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1363/how-to-back-up-a-trailer#latest

Some handy information here too and you can use what works for you.

http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/3879/ready-set-tow-document#latest
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Thank you so much Mike

• Options
    I watched the video and it was very helpful. I used to back up with a boat trailer but it was longer so I had a better turning radius.  So I picked up my T@B at the RV storage lot and was pleased to be able to back up hook up and drive home.  Hopefully my T@B will still be in the parking lot tomorrow am when i head out with it.  I need to work out a lock system.  There is a long forum link on that so that is the next thing to solve.  Just need to have more confidence!

• Options
    NewfisherNewfisher Member Posts: 105

When I bought my first freedom vessel all I could think about before the trip was what Mom and Dad had in the RV's. I had someone tell me to camp in my driveway over the weekend, only go into the house for the things you think you need camping and even lock the bikes up outside and ride around the nieghborhoods. What you need you will have in the house and make a trip to buy lighter , smaller items for the rv. Seemed to work. The problem now is excess....do we realy need the portable LP Pizza over or the gas powered weed whacker blender?

• Options
    CCPICCCCPICC Member Posts: 43
    Keep it simple, set of plastic plates, heavy duty plastic knife and fork and spoon set, cast iron frying pan, set of stove top pots that fit inside each other, coffee pot coffee mugs and cold cup for iced beverages. I would get a waterproof box and put your favorite spices in little bottles and keep them there, you will need a spatula, slotted spoon, serving spoon set of tongs and if you want to splurge buy a dutch oven cast iron pot. I cook over the fire as much as possible as I love one pot meals. I have cut back so much from my original binge for items for my kitchen as you will find you just don't use them, simple is best and shop at the dollar store you don't need Williams Sonoma products out in the wilderness!!  Have fun!!
  • Options
     :) Thanks everyone.

• Options
    Does anyone use a Nuwave oven?  

• Options
    Rolltide82Rolltide82 Member Posts: 89

TTTab said:

Does anyone use a Nuwave oven?  

I use one about 2 or 3 times a week.....Never took it camping however.  I like my griddle for that....
  • Options
    mrlynch1953mrlynch1953 Member Posts: 40

lbof said:

Thanks guys, I have been reading reading reading.  It has me frozen!!!  I will get melamine dishes, one decision made!  I will print out the Alde manual as well.  I live in an apartment so can't camp in my driveway but good idea to start out at a friends or Walmart or???  It came with the Pahaqua tent and Zamp solar panel and T@B  cover as well. Don't know how at 5' I will be able to set those up on my own but I will figure it out.  (Don't judge me but) My tow vehicle is a red 2010 Lexus RX 350 with 100,000 miles on it and factory tow package.  The service department at the dealership said that unless the load was over 4000 lbs I don't need to wire for the electric brakes.  I would love to know what you all think.  I am researching but not buying and am afraid when I start I will not be able to stop!  I do need to get a mattress or topper right away.  Old arthritic body can not handle sleeping without it.   I am off to Ikea tomorrow.  I am planning on eventually living in it full time.  Still trying to come up with a great name for my T@B that is not already being used.  Linda

I personally would not pull my tab without the electric brakes but curious to hear from others. Also I've hired a traveling RV repair to come answer my questions and explain systems operation to me for other trailers!