2017 T@B MaxS has great upgrades included

We were able to spend over an hour in our T@B this afternoon at the dealer. We took pics and measurements and went through every nook and cranny. I have been making a list of mods from all your suggestions, but after looking at everything I can cross some off the list as they have already incorporated them in the 2017! Here's some pics. Enjoy!
(PS-Mods, I resized them as far down as my 'puter would let me. Hope it's enough!

Cross fridge door mod off the list!

Fins are now on the right and the outside venting is on the passenger side. There is no vent in the cupboard under the fridge anymore, it's all storage :-)

!

Crossed new hinges off my Amazon list!

Don't need them here, either.

Figured out that if we flip the seat cushions over we have weather proof covers! Doesn't work on the couch part, but this could be helpful!

This pic is for all of you who have a clue what you are looking at. I don't yet. I did find the mixing valve down behind the couch on the drivers sided. 

2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red

Comments

• KBaggins1KBaggins1 Member Posts: 135
    Looks nice, you will be happy with it. Very surprised the factory is going with struts instead of the self supporting hinges though.More work to accomplish the same goal.
    2014 T@B M@XS;  2017 Ford Transit Low Roof, Reg. Wheel Base
  • ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    I guess we can call the Alde space the 'snake pit'! That looks like an odd way to plumb things, but what do I know...
    It's clear that simply gravity-draining the lines won't work now though!
    What do all those white supply lines hook up to, over there on the right of your photo?
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    The white supply lines are for the outside shower. One really helpful suggestion I found on this forum was to label all of your alde valves. I just used a regular labeler. I believe there are five separate ones to be labelled.

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
    Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    ChanW, Dave is correct. We added the outside shower on the drivers side and the outside lagun mount on the passenger side next to the outlets.

Dave the labeler is a great idea! I need to bring one with us for the walk through.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Homebodyatheart, Thanks for sharing the pictures! 'Ya better bring more to the meeting. I like the new fridge door and the fact the vent underneath is no longer required, good storage under there for flat stuff. Have to agree with KBaggins1 on the struts though, hope they made improvements to the newer ones. Glad you had a chance to explore and give the ol' Dr@gonfly a hug! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Very nice, and pictures are sized perfectly.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Homebodyatheart, Awesome idea on the labeler for the walk-through.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    Very nice!
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
    ChanW, Dave is correct. We added the outside shower on the drivers side and the outside lagun mount on the passenger side next to the outlets.

Dave the labeler is a great idea! I need to bring one with us for the walk through.

I have to give credit to Verna for the labeling idea. It did help immensely when I dewinterized.

Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

You are all a wealth of knowledge and I appreciate every one of you!

marknjudy, thanks!

Eric, I took a great little video, but at 1 minute 7 seconds long it seems to be too big to email so I can add it to a post or send it to my mom. I can text it, though. I started with a long shot, then walked up and in and panned the whole interior. I have a few other shots too. The cabinet doors stay firmly open now with the struts, so no bonking of body parts will happen there. 

Cyclonic, thanks! The 640x640 was the smallest my 'puter would size anything, so I'm glad it worked out!

Is it wrong to want it to get warmer so the snow melts faster so I can get my concrete poured and bring her home? I don't think so... Thanks everyone!

• ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Aha! the outdoor shower! Thanks for the explanation. We don't have the outdoor shower on ours, though it's been tempting to add it.
    It's fun to see these improvements that they're making.
    Thanks for the post.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
    ChanW, we have friends who are long time Airstream folk. They added an outside shower off the front door and she says it wasn't a good place. It made a lot of sense for washing the dogs' feet, but then left a puddle and or mud everyone tracked inside. I never thought about that part of the equation.
    ChanW, we have friends who are long time Airstream folk. They added an outside shower off the front door and she says it wasn't a good place. It made a lot of sense for washing the dogs' feet, but then left a puddle and or mud everyone tracked inside. I never thought about that part of the equation.

Yep, the reason I got the shower was to rinse things off. (like the sand off my feet at the beach!) :)

Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• gbellgbell Member Posts: 87
    regarding "Crossed new hinges off my Amazon list!"  I just received the short struts for my cabinets 2016 Max S, $1.05 ea and measurement instructions for placement from Austin Jones, at NuCamp. the file of the power point from him is 2MB, I don't know if I can attach it here but if you say yes to attaching it I'll do so, in case others need this info.  otherwise, I am sure they could just ask Ed or Austin for it, this was very helpful.
    gbell, thanks for the offer but I think I'm good for now. It's amazing what I've crossed off my list because NuCamp has made the mods for us!  Having a power point with pics will make it easier for you I bet. Good luck with the install!
  • RlethbriRlethbri Member Posts: 38
    In your 4th picture of the rear hinged doors, on the bottom left of the photo, it seems as though there is an small 1" vertical board.  Is there a 'cut' in the wood behind that vertical board so the Alde heat can "rise" from there?
    I was looking into cutting 1/4" horizontal foot long cuts in that wood to "let" the heat rise in the back.  If this is what NcCamp has done, I'm impressed and jealous. 
    Sun Valley Idaho living, 2 restaurants, 2 labs, 1 helluva wife! 2016 T@B Max-S Outback towed by. 2007 Toyota FJ Crusier
    Rlethbri, it looks that way. Verna does beautiful scrollsaw work on the lid of hers. Someone else on the forum removed that side panel from both sides and replaced it with decorative grating. If you put either holes or grates on the flat board it is helpful to put screening underneath so small things don't fall through never to be seen again(so I hear.) Dalehelman just notched a 3-4 inch piece of pvc pipe and props his hatch open with it. Thats the beauty of our trailers, we can tinker with them and personalize them to our hearts content! Now if I could just bring my trailer home...
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Homebodyatheart, in your 4th pic, what are those big black round things on the cabinet wall?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    edited March 2017
    SAM said:
    Homebodyatheart, in your 4th pic, what are those big black round things on the cabinet wall?
    Speakers for the Jensen.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    Nice! Getting mine any day now, so excited!
    Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
    TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221
    edited March 2017

The hinges on the cabinets over the stove kept coming out on mine.  Had it repaired under warranty and they replaced the doors with the new models with the little struts...glad to have them...now the doors don't fling open.

Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Jenn, not the speakers next to the wall, but the round circles inside the cabinet?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Rolltide82Rolltide82 Member Posts: 89
    SAM said:
    Jenn, not the speakers next to the wall, but the round circles inside the cabinet?
    I would guess plastic covers over screw heads....
  • TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    edited March 2017
    Looks like the dividers might be removable so you could adjust what fits into a cubby by removing one (unless that divider is securing the bottom).
    2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350
    TabberJohn - If that's true, kudos for your powers of observation!  Removable dividers would be a nice touch.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.