Options

2015-S Max - Picked it up today.

2»

Comments

• Options
    judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    Let us know how the Jack-E-Up works. I watched the video and I think I understand why most tailgates around here have dents on them. Our tow vehicle will be a SUV but no spare mounted on the back. I need tailgate clearance. Here I am, insomniac, reading tips and we haven't purchased our first LG.
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• Options
    deputydogdeputydog Member Posts: 103

By googling jack-e-up you can watch video of installation and function of product.

TV is a 2007 Jeep Liberty. Own 2015 T@B Maxx s/wet-bath white green. St. Clair Shores, MI.

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    First real-world use of the Jack-E-Up tonight and it worked like a charm. Wish it fit a little different as I mentioned earlier but other than that it worked as advertised.
  • Options
    mawebbmawebb Member Posts: 257
    PXLated, I don't have my T@B yet, as it is on back order, but I am looking at the JACK-E-UP and it looks like a great solution to address the tailgate on my TV. I was wondering how it works with the wheel that is attached to the bottom of the jack. Will the wheel clear the hole in the center of the JACK-E-UP bracket, or do you need to remove the wheel?
    Martin - Trailer name: James T@Berius Kirk 
  • Options
    There's a pin you pull and the wheel drops off, you then pull the column up and out. Once out I reattach the wheel and put it all in the back of the TV.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    PXLated said:
    If one could slip the JackUp plate down from the top of the jack column it'd be perfect but the crank on mine is welded on - That was my quick observation, I'll recheck that tomorrow, was under the gun today when I installed it.
    I am not sure what you mean by this. Why would you need to slip the jack plate? I had the impression that you let the jack/plate - minus the dolly wheel, slide down through the Jack E Up until the jack plate rested on the Jack E Up plate and then attached the dolly wheel. Does it work differently?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Hey Jenn - If you look at the picture I posted you'll see that the donut ring is actuall resting on the jack plate because the jack plate is too big to fit in the center space. So, it's not resting on the wings of the Jack E Up plate itself. If one could remove the jack handle and slide the Jack E Up plate down from the top, the jack plate would be under the Jack E Up winged plate and be the way one would expect. The wings of the Jack E Up plate are a lot bigger. Even though it's stable the way I have it one there's a load applied, it looks tenuous.

Clear as mud right :-(