Options

2015-S Max - Picked it up today.

NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
My dealer's a bunch of really nice guys but reading the various comments here on the forum I wasn't expecting much in the way of explanations or training or demos and got exactly what I was expecting - Basically, here's the manuals, can we help you hook it up, thanks.

Twas a windy day (18mph) - half my trip (150 miles) was a direct side wind and I was amazed at how well the T@B pulled. Could hardly tell it was back there. The second half was a direct headwind and Jeeps (Wrangler Unlimited 4-door like Jenn) don't get the best gas mileage in those conditions even with out the tow. Before picking up the T@B I was getting 20-21, with the T@B and side wind it was 17.8 and in the head wind and some hills was down to 12.8-13.5. With the extra weight and the headwind I couldn't easily maintain freeway speed (75), best I could do was 65-70.

By the time I got to my destination it was a little too late to get everything set up - dealer hadn't filled the propane tank - so just parked it, grabbed the manuals and will start exploring tomorrow.

I special ordered the T@B so I could get a silver/silver exterior and I didn't want the multimedia (radio/DVD/TV) package built in. I did want the wiring installed in case I want/need it later though. The factory did a nice job of widening out both the front and back cabinets to fill the space.

Some things I wasn't expecting (and the dealer wasn't even aware of) were...
The front window opens - every T@B I'd seen (including pics) had a fixed front window.
The factory included a wooden cutting board that fits nicely into the sink.
The fresh water tank is below the floor on the door side in front of the axel. Every T@B I'd seen had it inside with the drain in the front corner by the dump valves. Upside is a bigger tank. Downside is there's no opening a cabinet door to keep the fresh water tank from freezing anymore.

Another thing I hadn't thought about is with the T@B hooked on I can't open the tailgate door more than a foot as the spare tire hits the crank post. That's going to be a real pain. If any of you have an idea how to solve that I'd appreciate suggestions.

That's it for now - have to go read some manuals :-(

Comments

• Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553

Congratulations on your new Boy/Girl????  I am sure you are busy exploring things tonight.  The larger water tank allows for more storage inside, which is a plus.  I wonder, though, how well it is tucked up under the frame so as to not get hit by rocks or objects, etc.?  I guess that remains to be seen.  What do you think?

Feel free to post up questions and you work your way through the mechanics of your new T@B.  It really is a fine, fine travel trailer, and I know you will love it!

;)
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    NormfunNormfun Member Posts: 285
    Congrats!!! A bolt on swivel jack to replace the factory one will solve the tailgate issue.  They are about $30. and work very well.

Enjoy
    Norm
    Norm & Pat. 320 S Outback Utah or somewhere else.

• Options
    Wanderoo - The fresh water tank didn't seem to hang down any further than the black water tank but I only spent a minute on my back when I was trying to figure out where the drain was located. I'll get a better look tomorrow and see if I can get a measurement and a snapshot.

normfun - Yep, think that's what I'm going to have to do. It's either that or extend the tongue or hitch. I was planning on mounting the tire on one side and a tube for the dump hose on the other so I'll have to rethink that if I need to get a bolt-on swivel.
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    You'll love the opening front window.  My '07 has that, and it's great for airflow.  I didn't know when Little Guy would begin incorporating the opening window, but we heard it was coming.  Enjoy your new baby :)
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    PhotoJoePhotoJoe Member Posts: 34
    Congratulations PXLated - We spent our first night in our new T@B Max S Saturday. In searching the internet I found this: http://jack-e-up.com. It allows for removal of the tongue jack as needed. I don't have one but I am considering it as my tongue jack is scraping the sidewalk as I pull out. Camping World has this on sale for $40.00. Welcome to the group. PhotoJoe
  • Options
    PhotoJoe - That looks like just the ticket - Think I'm going to order one - Thanks!
  • Options
    Wanderoo - Here's some pics of the fresh water tank showing how it's mounted just in front of the axel on the door side...

• Options
    And here's a picture of the T@B cutting board - Fits perfectly in the sink...
  • Options
    SunnyTABSunnyTAB Member Posts: 65
    Congratulations! What fun new features. Enjoy!

Tiff in Seattle

2012 BMW x3/2008 TCS "Sunny"

• Options
    radrenradren Member Posts: 229
    Hi,
    I am hoping to get my T@B sometime soon, I was also wondering about the tanks and clearance underneath. Has anyone tried to put a skid plate underneath to help protect stuff?  I also got the Jack E up and that solves alot of problems with clearance. You can just take the whole thing out.
    ren
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    Ordered the Jack E this afternoon - That seems to be the slickest solution.
  • Options
    Thanks for posting up the pic of the water tank underneath the T@B.  It seems to be tucked up pretty good out of harm's way.  That definitely would make a lot more storage room inside the T@B.  Are you having F-U-N????  Does your new T@B have a name yet? :D
  • Options
    Well, the dealer didn't much so I spent the morning running around (getting propane, hooking up the Zap port, etc) that I really didn't get everything fired up and tested till mid afternoon. But, everything seems to work - sure takes the fridge a long time to get cold. Only found a couple of things wrong that I'll need to talk to Ed about.

Gonna sleep in it tonight.

I've never been one to name things so we'll see.
  • Options
    How about No N@me? ;)
  • Options
    That would work :-)
    Or maybe Nom@d

But I thought you had to have the whole T@B in the name to be official.
  • Options
    deputydogdeputydog Member Posts: 103
       I also have the new fresh water tank mounted under the 2015 T@B love the extra cabinet  space, but now I am unable to see level of fresh water remaining?  Ideas or try remembering before running out?

TV is a 2007 Jeep Liberty. Own 2015 T@B Maxx s/wet-bath white green. St. Clair Shores, MI.

• Options
    There's always crawling underneath and looking but that would sure be a pain. Wish they'd have put in a level float (with remote gauge) or something when they moved it outside.
  • Options
    I've heard that (and experienced it as well), one person uses 1 gallon per day just for washing dishes, brushing teeth, and washing hands/face.  If you take a shower or flush, you would have to guesstimate that until you get a good idea of how much that uses.  ;))
  • Options
    The mechanical and Alde setups are completely different in my T@B and since it was just born a couple of weeks ago it's probably the most current. Thought I'd post some pics of what's under each seat now.
    1 - Drivers side seat - Mechanicals
    2 - Drivers side back bench - Alde and related plumbing
    3 - Passenger side back bench - Note the Alde hoses - This compartment gets rather warm.
    4 - Passenger side seat - Wider open that before

• Options
    Thought I'd post this pic showing the Alde vents as they are completely different than the models I had looked at. The models I saw had vents below the back bench and below the passenger side seat (maybe even the drivers side.
    Now, there are vents below the passenger side as before but the other vents are way in the back below that little shelf. One potential problem with that is if you have the back bench down for sleeping the bedding can cover up those back vents. Might have been better to put the vents in that shelf rather then on the front face.

(Sorry about the really bad pic)
  • Options

Hi, PXLated -- My 2014 S M@xx is the same as yours with two exceptions:  I do not have the Alde cut-off water valve, and I do have the Alde vents below the back benches -- I also have a 110V plug below the back benches.  I also have the Alde vents (below the little shelf), and I make sure the bedding is pulled out a little way so as not to block the heat.  Usually, though, the T@B gets very, very warm with the Alde on, so I shut it off before I go to sleep.  The coldest it has been when I am camping is 36 degrees outside, and I still shut the Alde off I was SO warm. Both of my side compartments look like yours. 

Does your little shelf have screws on either end and a thumbhole in the middle?  I took the screws out and lifted it up so I could look under it.  That's where the glycol overflow tank is, and you should check the level of fluid to make sure it's not below the MIN level.  Mine was just fine.  I love the little shelf to put stuff on, i.e., box of Kleenex, clock, flashlight. 

Have fun exploring!

:)>-
  • Options
    Wanderoo - Interesting, the ones I looked at (thought they were 14s) I recall differently - Maybe my brain's going.
    Yes, my back shelf has screws and a pull hole - Will have to open that and check the glycol. Am thinking about putting a 2-3" rail across the width and using it for canned goods, etc. - might look a little tacky when the back is down but that usually won't be the case unless I'm in bed. Would free up my other cabinets for other things.
    Slept in it last night (38) and had to turn the Alde down to the minimum.
  • Options
    deputydogdeputydog Member Posts: 103
         Pxlated- to solve the problem of your rear hatch getting in the way of hitch, there is a solution.. Google jack-e-up. Recently found this and it looks easy to install and will purchase it soon, since I have the same problem when T@B is hooked to Tow vehicle.

TV is a 2007 Jeep Liberty. Own 2015 T@B Maxx s/wet-bath white green. St. Clair Shores, MI.

• Options
    How does this Jack-e-Up thingie work?  Does it actually remove the entire handle???  Anybody out there use one?  Comments? :-/
  • Options
    Wanderoo - Just got mine today, haven't installed it yet but it allows you to remove and reinstall the entire jack with nothing more than a twist - Twist and remove (put in TV), insert, twist and it's the fully functional jack again.
  • Options

It sounds too cool to be true.  Let me know how you like it and how easy it is to install.  Camping World has them on sale for $40 through 11/2/14. 

Thanks! 

:D
  • Options
    Got mine from Camping World - Was hoping to get it installed today but configuring my new MacBook-Pro was the most pressing (need to finish a job while I'm in Mpls) - Maybe tomorrow. Will report.
  • Options
    Wanderoo - Got it installed today - easy to do. I have mixed feelings about it. It works but as you can see in the photo it's really resting on the very edges of the triangular base of the jack. Seems solid once the weight of the trailer is on it and there's no way it can slip through but certainly doesn't look solid. If one could slip the JackUp plate down from the top of the jack column it'd be perfect but the crank on mine is welded on - That was my quick observation, I'll recheck that tomorrow, was under the gun today when I installed it.
    I'm going to go with it for now as I like it better than a tilt jack.
    One thing I had to do was use washers to space it up as it won't fit down between the hitch bolts - no biggy.
  • Options
    PXLated -- I think my crank is welded on, too.  This picture reminds me of something I need to check on my T@B's tongue.  I don't think I have those extra two bolts you have that the Jack-E-Up plate is resting on . . . :(
  • Options
    Wanderoo - There's two on each side. If they were just 3/16th of an inch further to the side the Jack-Up would have just dropped right in.