Options

How level do you have to get.

NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
Am on pretty level ground at the moment - The lego blocks were way too thick, only took 3/8th inch (maybe even just a quarter).
Begs the question - Just how level do you need to be for everything to work correctly?

Comments

• Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    Depends on what T@B model you have.  Some AC drains do a better job of draining "outside" if you tilt a certain way, and if you have a 3-way fridge being level is important for it to run correctly on propane.  I have a 12v fridge and being level is not important for my T@B.  If I'm running my Cool Cat, I may tilt every so slightly toward the driver's side.  
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    So if everything works and there's no water dripping anywhere it's good enough - I can handle that :-)
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553

Do you have a Norcold 3-way refrigerator?  The manual says the RV needs to be within 3 degrees off level side-to-side and 6 degrees off level front-to-back to operate properly on propane mode.  I have one of those little bulls-eye leveling devices, and my 3-way Norcold works just fine on propane even if it is "off" by 1/2 to 3/4 of a bubble.

B-)
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    Yep, have the 3-way. It's dead center level at the moment. Stuck on the levels others have mentioned - Can't recall the brand but they're the ones that work with the lego blocks. There may be times when I spend a night without unhooking so was just curious. 
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391

I have found that unless you are on a noticeable slope and remain hooked to TV you can light the Norcold without much difficulty. I do not have to have the T@b completely level for the Norcold to work, just more level than not level, if that makes sense? I think older Norcold fridges had to be a lot more level to work.

If not using the A/C, I am not a perfectionist, I just try to get it as close as possible front to back. If it is close side to side, that is enough for me. If it is not close side to side, I am more comfortable with it level.

The A/C requires that it be level front to back and level side to side. Some have said that you need to have it lower on the side of the A/C drip pan but I have found level to be the way to go with A/C on my 2015 with the Frigidaire.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Thanks Jenn.

Interest how you hear different stories (sure you have also) - Tilt the T@B left for air - NO, tilt right to get it to drain. There seems to be so many slight variations in T@B designs/layouts that either could be right depending on where the air conditioner drain is :-(
  • Options
    jbug10jbug10 Member Posts: 156
    Best ever leveler is the BAL.  No hassling with blocks.  Easy to set up and use, and I bought a red pizza warmer like the delivery pizza guys use to keep it in. Read that great hint on another teardrop trailer site.  Here is link to see what they look light.  Worth the investment.  http://www.amazon.com/BAL-R-V-Products-Group-28050/dp/B000BH5MAA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414539543&sr=8-1&keywords=bal+levelers
    June; 2013 T@b "Fant@bulous"; 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee; one kayak and one bike
  • Options
    JimboJimbo Member Posts: 118
    I agree with jbug. I invested in the BAL and love it. I actually store in front of the propane and battery inside the cover. Slips right in, I run a bungee cord around it and attach that to propane tank handles. This just keeps it form bouncing around and damaging the cover. I used what I always called roll up blocks before with other RV's, but no longer have a partner to tell me when I had it centered on the block etc.This is a lot easier and very stable..
    Jim, Kelseyville CA, 2013 T@B "Q", T@BCASA, Silver W/Yellow trim, TV: 2006 Honda Ridgeline 
  • Options
    One advantage of the blocks though is that you can level the T@B both left-to-right as well as front to back. I rarely unhook so I use blocks under the T@B as well as under the rear of the TV as necessary.

Right now I have one block under the drivers side wheel on the T@B and a block under each of the rear wheels of the TV to raise the tongue.

Infinitely configurable.