Options

Plastic Corner Trim Shattered by Cold Temps.

sabelsabel Member Posts: 283
Uncovered the T@B for a trip down south and discovered the plastic exterior corner trim has shattered at numerous locations on both sides. No way it can be repaired and it would do it again if replaced. Must be caused by very cold temperatures here in Wyoming.
Has anyone taken the trim off and simply left it off.  Looks like remove would make it like a clamshell trim.

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Bet ya moisture/water got under there.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I haven't @sabel, but before I sold my T@Bitha, the trim started cracking at the top. The winter's here aren't near as bad as Wyoming too. It is decorative and adds to the charm, but I don't believe it's necessary. Since yours is black, perhaps some black caulk or epoxy would work (I can't see the cracks in the picture - sorry).
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    sabelsabel Member Posts: 283

Our T@B has been stored under roof and with a cover on it so water could not have caused it. Caulk or epoxy won't work because there's too many cracks, gaps are too big and pieces are too misaligned. Hard to see on the photo.