Options

Tab brake lights.

JgephartJgephart Member Posts: 3
Right rear light works, except for rt turn and brake. No problem with the towing car lights though. Changed bulb still nothing.  Thoughts??

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    edited March 2017
    Did it work before? Might try a little dielectric grease on your seven pin connector. Check both the tow vehicle end, and the trailer pig tail for corrosion first, put a small amount of grease on both ends after cleaning any corrosion off. Lots of times it's just a poor connection on one or more pins in the connector(s). Might want to check for corrosion in the light socket for corrosion, as well as the wires leading to the socket to ensure they all have a good connection. Might be a silly question, but did you replace the bulb with the same # bulb you took out? Check the # for the bulb on the other side, and make sure they're the same #.  Just a thought, hope this helps you out. 
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,442
    Ditto to what ericnliz said. My friend had the same problem as you; it traced back to a loose connection at the 7-pin receptacle on the tow vehicle.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    LauraReyLauraRey Member Posts: 338
    I had that problem and it was a loose wire in the 7-pin receptacle. (As ScottG mentioned)
    Red and White, 2017 Max S being towed by a 2014 Honda Ridgeline.  Hello Mountains!
  • Options
    ronin718ronin718 Member Posts: 92

Ditto.  I run into that problem regularly.  I just reseat the 7-pin and all functions normally.

John & Lori in Northern VA
    Former owner of 2015 T@B CS Max "Uteki" aka "H@wk T@B"
    2012 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 Off-Road "Zame"

• Options
    wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    I've had the same problem too, and with all-LED bulbs, it can be worse.  They take such little current to drive, any amount of corrosion blocks the power.

I've had more luck using contact cleaner (brake cleaner) to clean off the contacts, and then using a file to remove any built-up corrosion, following another rinse with contact cleaner.  I did this on both the T.V. and the trailer harness.  Of course your mileage will vary (YMMV).
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA