Options

Solar Charging Port

Do all 2017 T@B max s come with a solar charging port?

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Yes, on the driver's side of the front tub that has your battery and propane in it. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    mmtabmmtab Member Posts: 6
    Thanks ...picking ours up Friday and I forget to ask the dealer.
  • Options
    wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    Our 2014 came with it.  I believe nuCamp models have had them, all of them, since the start.  Could be wrong though.
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • Options
    EstancioEstancio Member Posts: 243
    My 2011 does not have one, so could someone post a photo? I'd like to install such a port.
    Stancil Campbell
    2011 T@B
    Rockingham, NC

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Its the one on the bottom. The one on top is not standard, it's custom.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    You can order the Zamp port/harness from the factory. I carry a spare as the little aluminum male pin can weaken and break - especially if you need to wiggly the cord to get it disconnected.
  • Options
    EstancioEstancio Member Posts: 243
    Thanks!

Stancil Campbell
    2011 T@B
    Rockingham, NC

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Verna, Jenn, and PXL, try a little dielectric grease on both the attaching cord end, and the connector on the trailer side. Keeps corrosion off, and helps it slide on & off the pins easier. I use Q-tips to apply so as not to over do it.  ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    @ericnliz, do you thing the spray will help when I step on the cord and force it out of the plug, while bending the prongs?
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    That's what 'ya have the magic wand for, right? The stuff I use is like a gel by the way. Also wrapped my cord in automotive wire wrap, and leave some slack, so even when it gets stepped on, it doesn't pull out. ( just a thought)  :)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliz, I lose an inch or so of wire every time I splice a new end on it!  At this rate, I'll have to order a new cable next year!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna, Sounds like either 'ya need to start with a longer cord, or stop dancin' around so much! =) Wonder if there's a way to "spring load" the end that goes into the trailer, so when it does get stepped on, it either gives a little, or 'ya get a good "smack" to remind 'ya not to do that again. ;)  Might I suggest to start with 100' so 'ya make it through campin' season?  :D
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Spring loaded would be nice. 15' is the longest that will work, unless I find some 8 gauge cable. I tried 10 gauge marine cable 20' long and that was too long (expensive, too!) and it stressed the ARB's compressor.  That marine cable works very well to extend the Zamp solar panels.   

I taped wooden skewers to the ARB end so that cable end wouldn't bend and break loose so I guess I may need to try the same with this end. Or maybe bungee cord the cable on the tongue so it isn't on the ground near where I stand to lift the water jugs to the top of the front tub (that's how I broke it the last two times). I'll be camping a lot this summer, so I have plenty of time to figure it out. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Verna - 10 guage landscape wiring works well and is cheap. Looks almost identical to the Zamp cable.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Ok V, you probably tried this and either the cable is too short to get to your TV (if you leave it hitched) or you couldn't get it high enough.... install an outdoor command hook strategically to the T@B, Then to the top area of your TV. You could hang a couple of small solar lights on it. The trick (I think) is that you lock your TV back, so routing of the cable at the TV end would be important as to not pinch it. 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)