Options

Camping in the Boston / Cape Cod Area

SweetlyHomeSweetlyHome Member Posts: 336
We're in the early stages of planning a trip to this area for 4-5 nights this summer.  Checked out the state parks in the area and it appears they have no hookups.  We are not set up to go that long with out power.  Any one had any experience with the numerous private campgrounds in the area?  Recommendations?  Thanks
Jupiter, Florida~T@B 400, with 2018 Toyota 4Runner

Comments

• Options
    geekmamageekmama Member Posts: 107
    I live in Massachusetts and have experience with some of the campgrounds. We're planning our shakedown trip to be at Provincetown depending on when we get our t@b (still working on ordering it because nuCamp is having a hard time during the transition). We're going to go to either Dune's Edge or Coastal Acres for that trip.

What particular area are looking to visit?
    Aileen, Muggles & Scout @ 2018 T@b CS-S @ 2018 RAV4 Adventure @ Massachusetts
  • Options
    ronin718ronin718 Member Posts: 92
    If you happen to be retired military, you might consider looking at the FamCamp at Hanscom AFB.  We stayed there for four nights a couple years ago on our initial T@B trip.  Can't remember if it was full hookups or just water/electric, but I know they have full hookup sites there.  Just be prepared for Taps at 2200 and an early morning wake-up from the runway.

John & Lori in Northern VA
    Former owner of 2015 T@B CS Max "Uteki" aka "H@wk T@B"
    2012 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 Off-Road "Zame"

• Options
    SweetlyHomeSweetlyHome Member Posts: 336
    geekmama 
    We have a nephew and family, new baby, in Boston and friends in Martha's Vineyard.  Sort of looking to split the difference.  Sort of looking at Maple Park Campground and RV Park, was a Jellystone, in East Wareham.  Thinking this would be a possible day trip to Boston, and put us closer the the Vineyard and the Cape.  Do you know that one or others in that area?  Thanks for any suggestions.
    ronin718 
    Had searched on Boston and read about your initial trip as a result.  Between you and others have heard how the Famcamps are nice.  Have to confess we aren't ex military.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Jupiter, Florida~T@B 400, with 2018 Toyota 4Runner

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    I don't know about campground in that area, but a good place to check might be rvparkreviews.com.  Reviews there should give you a pretty good idea of what the campgrounds are like and what they have to offer.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    geekmamageekmama Member Posts: 107
    I went to a Jellystone campground once and it was fun and VERY kid-oriented (2 pools, with tiki bar) which was fine since we went with four kids. I found it a bit noisy and chaotic if I wasn't bringing younger children, though.

My personal suggestion for what you described is to stay off of the Cape, but close by perhaps in Plymouth or somewhere. That way you can drive to the train to get into Boston, you're not far from the ferry to Martha's Vineyard and you can drive on and off the Cape during "off" hours (weekdays). 

Getting on and off the Cape can be very difficult and slow during the "season". A place like this might work for your needs: http://www.gocampingamerica.com/parks/massachusetts/pinewood-lodge-campground.

Have fun. I hope to explore many more campgrounds as soon as I can get a t@b in my possession.
    Aileen, Muggles & Scout @ 2018 T@b CS-S @ 2018 RAV4 Adventure @ Massachusetts
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 923
    There is a very rustic, family run campground in Cape Ann.  We have stayed there for years.  All type of sites are available.  The facilities are old.  Great location for visiting Gloucester, Salem and Boston.  Don't miss The Clam Box in Ipswich if you're a fried clam lover.
    Have fun!!
    Bob