Options

Rookie mistake

elgolfoelgolfo Member Posts: 22
Second trip in our new old 2007,spent 3 days at Lake Powell at the lone rock campground,did not latch one side of the windows in transit and all 4 latches broke.Using this wonderfull forum was able to figure out how to replace,but per Nucamp I can replace the bottom ones at 5 $ each but if i want to replace the side ones will need to replace the struts as they are one unit.Only ordered the lower ones at this time as I feel they will do just fine as long as I latch the window before I leave. Camping on a slow w/e is great ,was our first time here.Any Dr Who Fans will recognise the beach from a  episode.
https://rootsrated.com/stories/camping-at-the-waters-edge-lone-rock-beach
some pics

2007 t@b,no mods at all,2013 Jeep jk 4 door,Sedona,Az and El Golfo de Santa Clara,Sonora,Mexico,
Tim & Jill

Comments

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Wow! Beautiful area. So sorry you had to endure your mistake while on the road. It's ok. We all make one (ok, not just one.... some of us are capable of losing tools only to find them stuck in places like the frig). Then there was that one time I was tying up the gas lines off the frig fins and left my headlamp underneath the gas stove and the headlamp ON for 24 hrs. I only decided to move the stove because one clamp was not catching. Poof! There was that pesky headlamp, just glowing away.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I recognize that spot, stayed there a couple years ago. Had really nice 3-4 days and then the wind came up. Skidded my solar panels across the sand to the length of the cable and sandblasted my solar lights on one side - Other than that it was a great place and one can go to the main NP campground to shower and do laundry.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I think I quit counting my rookie mistakes.  =) Glad you had a great time.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    Just 'cause there's a really good chance I might need to know this...how long can I keep making rookie mistakes? :-)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Just 'cause there's a really good chance I might need to know this...how long can I keep making rookie mistakes? :-)
    Forever. I don't keep track, so you shouldn't either ;).  I forgot to unplug my ARB cable twice in two days this winter......I need to replace my trolling motor connection on the cord.....again. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    A true rookie blunder would have resulted in the t2b in Lake Powell :) Glad that didn't happen.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    jkjenn said:
    A true rookie blunder would have resulted in the t2b in Lake Powell :) Glad that didn't happen.
    Reminds me of the movie "RV"!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    elgolfo, Nice photos. Beautiful area. Have been houseboating on Lake Powell, and was truly an experience. Sorry to hear about your window though. Bet that goes on your list of things to check before you leave now, huh? Looks like a great time, and glad it wasn't a worse situation for you, and you got it fixed. :)
    Homebodyatheart, If 'ya don't make mistakes, you're not learnin'! Worst that can happen is a demerit at the T@B University! (Just don't forget to hook up the Dr@gonfly before you leave!)  =)
    Verna, what do 'ya need a trolling motor for? :o
    jkjenn, retractable water wings, and 'ya could fish from the door! Hmmmmmmmmmm..Dalehelman, any thoughts? PopT@B?
    Ratkity, the good part of the headlamp episode was the lamp was easy to find! Ever think about just putting your tool box in the fridge? ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    @ericnliz, I've always told people to go to Walmart and get the trolling motor connectors because they fit into the Zamp solar plug on the front tub of the T@B. So, I broke two this winter and need to get more for spares....
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    edited March 2017
    Verna,  =), Oh, thought maybe you had a new "mod" 'ya hadn't shared yet! Kinda like a jet boat set-up, and no need for a TV. ;) (Attatch a seat, and away 'ya go!) :D  
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    @Verna it might be time to consider switching to the 3 prong trolling motor plug and outlet. They are much stronger and night hold up better to the abuse of more frequent use.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Like Verna, I carry spares always - Thank you Walmart :-)
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Verna said:
    Forever. I don't keep track, so you shouldn't either ;).  I forgot to unplug my ARB cable twice in two days this winter......I need to replace my trolling motor connection on the cord.....again. 
    I used to keep track of mine, but I ran out of fingers and toes.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Cyclonic - That's what spreadsheets are for - Betting someone has a template to share :-)
  • Options
    I just picked up two more trolling motor plugs. Walmart doesn't carry the 3-prong ones. If I only have to replace it 2 or 3 times a year, that 's Ok. I will be camping a LOT more this spring, summer and fall.  More on that when it is officially confirmed ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna - What would we do without Walmart :-)
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    Verna - What would we do without Walmart :-)
    That was the last of my 5 quick stops today and took the longest since the RV water hoses are always in the rear of the store. Camping World for $10 off sale price of $39 for a new camp chair with attached table, Bed, Bath & Beyond for organizational stuff for home kitchen, Harbor Freight for blue nitrile gloves, UPS to ship AT@T Uverse equipment back to them since I got Direct TV satellite cheaper plus I can watch it on my phone or TV in AZ or wherever with unlimited data. All done before the horrible Friday afternoon traffic began--Yea!  Now, waiting on UPS to bring my Amazon order. 

Walmart and Amazon--can't do without them ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN