Options

It's like waiting for our new child to be born.

Bill_CochraneBill_Cochrane Member Posts: 103
I retired about five years ago and spotted a T@B for the first time.  What was that tiny trailer?  After lots of Googleing we finally found the trailer we wanted for traveling the back roads of Canada and the USA.  After waiting another 4 years for my wife to retire we were finally ready to commit.  In the time it took to wait, the T@B Outback was born.  The silver lining, it was perfect.  After so many internet searches, phone calls, RV shows, and bartering with RV dealers we got our deal.  If all goes well we will pick it up next week.  Can't wait.  Will join more in the discussions and post pictures once it arrives.. Cheers for now, Bill and Maylene.

2017 White with Black T@B Outb@ck, Max S ( rec'd on May 2nd, 2017)
TV is a 2017 White Honda Ridgeline, Detroit Auto Show North American Truck of the Year  Love it. 

Comments

• Options
    hymiehymie Member Posts: 150
    Lol! The wait is a killer. Found out today that our Outback will be ready for pickup one week from tomorrow. Have fun- tons of great information to be found here.
    James & Jacquie     Almonte, Ontario
    2016 Jeep Cherokee & 2017 T@B Outback
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Congrats hymie and Bill!!!! Also congratz on all the retirement and impending travels, Bill :)

2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878

hymie said:

Lol! The wait is a killer. Found out today that our Outback will be ready for pickup one week from tomorrow. Have fun- tons of great information to be found here.

Cool!  Are you going to be changing your cabinet knobs to those from a "special" local company? ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Awesome!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    I retired not long ago and I'm loving my T@b! Congratulations!

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
    Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    That's exciting! Both your retirement and a brand new Outback to celebrate your new journeys! Don't forget that as soon as NuCampRV.com has the new forum up and running we will all meet back up there. Might take a bit I suspect, but that gives you time to take lots of pics to share! Congratulations!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    Congratulations, welcome and patients! Best to you and enjoy your adventures. Happy t@bbing!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Cool - Enjoy your T@B and retirement :-)
  • Options
    DonnabDonnab Member Posts: 60
    I just put my deposit on my outback today! Pick up April 21st! Excited and nervous as I know nothing about rv's.. Congratulations on your new addition 
    Donna 2017  Maryland resident Colorado land owner outback white/black Toyota Tacoma  ; )
  • Options
    Bill_CochraneBill_Cochrane Member Posts: 103
    You sound a lot like me Donna.  I know we'll both love it :)

2017 White with Black T@B Outb@ck, Max S ( rec'd on May 2nd, 2017)
    TV is a 2017 White Honda Ridgeline, Detroit Auto Show North American Truck of the Year  Love it. 

• Options
    @Verna Knobs are pretty far down the imminent mods list. Thanks to jkjenn we have a Victron battery monitor to install and the other kind folks (you know who you are!) who have convinced me that we need... 
    Hardwired surge protector
    Door holder for use with xl visor 
    Fantastic fan upgrade
    Rear shelf mod (not a scroll saw masterpiece)
    Air conditioner cover
    Ponder solar solutions 
    Etc (there is no end really) 

Of course we do have a few rosewood knobs that might look awesome... Hmmmmm.... :)
  • Options
    Oh yeah.... The single dump outlet looks like a gimmie too! Too much fun... :)
  • Options
    @Donnab Congratulations! Don't worry about it- lots of great help here. We are in the same bo@t!
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @hymie, I used some of the larger ceramic ones for my Silver Shadow.  I still have the stock ones in the T@B. Maybe I'll try carving some out of cherry to match my new tabletop and pantry......we'll see. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Welcome all to T@B Nation! They're everywhere, and the population keeps growing. Congrats hymie, Bill_Cochrane, Donnab, and last (but certainly not least) Homebodyatheart ( your wait is over! ). :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf