Options

Group 29 Battery - Outback

I just upgraded my Group 24 battery to Group 29.
Nobody had Group 29 box, so I had to get an adjustable box (works for Group 24-31) from Amazon. Though it is a tight fit, it fits right in the Outback propane box with no modifications.
The battery was $141.95+tax, and the battery box was $18.95+tax.

Comments

• Options
    fwillisonfwillison Member Posts: 35
    Excellent job!  thanks for the pics and details.  What is the difference in amp hrs?
    Fred and Nicole Willison
    Tulsa, OK
    2017 Tab S Max Outback silver/silver
  • Options
    JiroTXJiroTX Member Posts: 124
    Here's the chart from their website:

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    Nice install. I have the standard tub. It's smaller and has no solid bottom, but I was able to shoehorn a group 27 box in there. When I inserted the battery, however, there was still a little wiggle room in the box. Since the group 29 battery is only marginally larger than the group 27, I'm wondering if I could get the larger battery in my existing box. I suspect there are size variations among brands (both battery and box). 
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    fwillisonfwillison Member Posts: 35
    I'm considering the Trojan T-1275.  Standard amp-hrs are usually give at 20 hrs discharge time.  For the T-1275 it's 150 amp-hrs at 20.  Haven't found a better option.  12.96 inches width, 7.13 inches depth, 11.13 inches height.  I think it'll fit.
    Fred and Nicole Willison
    Tulsa, OK
    2017 Tab S Max Outback silver/silver
  • Options
    glesieutreglesieutre Member Posts: 12
    I did ScottG's Group 27 box upgrade.  The "T-1275 plus" (lower terminals) fits in a NOCO Group 27 box, but just barely. I expect to be a happy camper, maiden voyage with the upgrade this weekend. 
    2015 T@B S-Max towed by 2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R -- central Pennsylvania
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness." Mark Twain, The Innocents Abroad, 1869
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    You probably doubled your amps without reconstructing your tub!  Nice gain.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio