Anyone interested in MidAtlantic gathering

Comments

• fiddlefootfiddlefoot Member Posts: 62
    edited April 2017
    Hey LauraRey,
    Going to Shenandoah, you must be close.  We are a little jealous of those west of the Mississippi and all of their comradery.  So I'm throwing this out there, maybe some people would be interested in a MidAtlantic get together.  I've noticed a few people in VA and NC.
    Denise, Rea and Ruby
    2016 CS S, 2008 Toyota Tacoma
    Somerset, VA

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    Fiddlefoot our humble group began last November after dalehelman said "why don't we meet for breakfast?" (I think that's the way it went.) It has sort of exploded from there and we love our gatherings! Have fun with it!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    It is a great idea!  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • GeoGeo Member Posts: 160
    fiddlefoot,
    The two big gatherings for us easterners has been the BRR (Blue Ridge Rally) held in NC every spring for ten years now and the Tearstock rally in OH the last five years.
    A few smaller gatherings have happened through FB groups (Shenandoah Tabbers is one - if I remember the name correctly) and some Dutch Oven cooking groups.
    We do have quite a few T@Bber's in VA, NC, MD, and surrounding states. . .

A long time Virginia T@Bber here . . .
    Geo & Liz
    T@BMahal
    '04  #100
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    edited April 2017
    Homebodyatheart, Actually started as Spokane area T@B owners, initiated by our very own dalehelman as well. If I remember correctly, the first breakfast meeting, there were only either 6, or 8 of us. Now, we need to get more tables pushed together, and have had as many as 12 to 14. Liz and I have met lots of nice folks at these breakfast get- togethers, and our first group camp trip is in May for an East meets West outing. ( Washington so far, but 'ya never know, our neighbors in Idaho, Oregon, Montana, or wherever are always welcome!) All I can personally say is throw it out there, and see what "sticks"! :) Good luck to 'ya.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• LauraReyLauraRey Member Posts: 338
    @fiddlefoot  Uhm....I think that perhaps you missed the "Provincial Park" part of the name. :)  Heading to Bronte Creek Provincial Park in Ontario. However, I think I would totally be up for a drive to MD this summer.  

Red and White, 2017 Max S being towed by a 2014 Honda Ridgeline.  Hello Mountains!
  • DonnabDonnab Member Posts: 60
    Laura
    are you in Maryland? 
    Im getting my Tab April 21st.

Donna 2017  Maryland resident Colorado land owner outback white/black Toyota Tacoma  ; )
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878

Donnab said:

Laura
    are you in Maryland? 

She's above the border is what she's trying to say, @Donnab
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    Nothing wrong with our Canadian friends, they're always welcome this direction as well! Note: Please bring fresh Kokanee on your trip here! =)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878

ericnliz said:

Nothing wrong with our Canadian friends, they're always welcome this direction as well! Note: Please bring fresh Kokanee on your trip here! =)

There's nothing wrong with our neighbors from the north, please don't misconstrue my post. There is a misconception as to where LauraRey lives. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    I got that, Verna. Was just asking to bring beer if she comes out West.  :) And you're right, there's nothing wrong with 'em, Eh! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• kmrotterdamkmrotterdam Member Posts: 5
    Looks like most T@BBERS I know in VA, MD, and DE are folded up into the various Tearjerkers group. I'm going to their First Landing Spring Fling this month at Virginia Beach, as well as the Codorus State Park. There is a Shenandoah T@B group on Facebook, and I've attended one of their events.
  • LauraReyLauraRey Member Posts: 338

Donnab said:

Laura
    are you in Maryland? 

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  I actually live in Ontario.  However, I would love to make a trip to the MD.
    Red and White, 2017 Max S being towed by a 2014 Honda Ridgeline.  Hello Mountains!
  • CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232

TrikePete said:

Looks like most T@BBERS I know in VA, MD, and DE are folded up into the various Tearjerkers group. I'm going to their First Landing Spring Fling this month at Virginia Beach, as well as the Codorus State Park. There is a Shenandoah T@B group on Facebook, and I've attended one of their events.

Hello, I did not see anything posted on the web site for the First Landing park. I'd like more info on this event.

The information can be found HERE.  You must be registered and logged into the site to view it.  Registration is free.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • fiddlefootfiddlefoot Member Posts: 62
    Sorry LauraRey living in VA I guess I did not know there was another Shenandoah, well duh I guess there's more than one of everything.  To everyone else, thank you for all of the information and I will look into the tearjerkers group.  First Landing has been on my go to list.  I grew up in York county when it was the total boondocks and remember when they built I64 and all the locals called it the tunnel road.  Whenever I return I'm a little overwhelmed by traffic. 

thanks to all for the replies,

Denise, Rea and Ruby
    2016 CS S, 2008 Toyota Tacoma
    Somerset, VA

• dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    I admire those of you who have formed these regional groups. It would be nice to see an area on the nuCamp website (in addition to the forum) where news can be shared about these T@bber get-togethers. Maybe there is a news area on the site already and I just haven't seen it. I would certainly love to come visit at some of these gatherings!

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
    Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al