Options

Issue with water pump flow

dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
I was having an issue with the water pump. The system would pressurize and a blast of water would come out and then it just goes to a trickle. I pulled the filter to see if it was clogged and other than some small pieces of plastic nothing was found to inhibit the flow. I didn't do anything specifically to de-winterize the trailer but my dealer showed me that everything was working before I drove it away. So, I assume he did something there. I also successfully ran about 30 gallons of water through it to remove the antifreeze. So it was working correctly at one point. Additionally, I tried all the suggestions for poor flow offered on the forum. I also tested the pump buy connecting a hose to the inlet side and pulling water from a pot which works great. It just couldn't sustain pressure and draw water from the tank.​ I had replaced the faucet and was concerned that I had done something to create the problem myself. I called on the warranty department and they had me put the original faucet back in to make sure that it wasn't causing the problem and of course there was the issue of the new faucet voiding the warranty. So they really couldn't help. Anyhow the original faucet didn't help the situation and nuCamp offered to replace the water pump for me. Then I thought, what if there was something blocking the flow? So, I offered to try my one more troubleshooting test and try blowing out the line by disconnecting the fill line in front of the water filter and used compressed air and blow the line out. That indeed worked to correct the problem. Not sure what or how the line was plugged but it was and blowing out the line was the solution. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B94goLE6tGPTTXVIeGZmVTZUZzA/view?usp=sharing 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B94goLE6tGPTOEpaOW9ieHJVdFU/view?usp=sharing
2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.

Comments

• Options
    CarolynCarolyn Member Posts: 125
    We had that exact situation a couple of years ago and had to have the pump pressure adjusted. Did you connect a compressor at the city water connection and disconnect the hose at the pump to accomplish this?
    2014 CS, tie-dyed exterior, "Tabula Rasa" and 2009 T@da also tie-dyed, “Grateful”
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Good deal and am glad you resolved your problem!

Obviously you wouldn't need the pump if you were hooked to the city water inlet on the trailer.  I notice that when I get down to around 25% capacity in the fresh water tank the pump will run non-stop trying to draw water up, so for me, this is my indicator that more water needs to be dumped down into the fresh water tank.  And when you are adding water into the fill point with a water jug from a park or campground water source it's easy enough to get sediment, sand and debris unknowingly as this has happened to others and myself.  

I think you did the right thing in blowing out the line as unfortunately there are plastic particles from the build that sometimes do get into the lines or tanks (don't ask me how!) and I have found pieces as well.  I recently upgrade my T@B pump and went to a Shur-flo pump with an additional 5 pounds of pressure and am very happy with the results.  Obviously I use a bit more water but it's there when I need it and I just add more when it gets low.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    M_Mike, did the shur-flo pump sound better with it's slightly increased power?
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    @Michigan_Mike Thanks for the information previous experiences and I'm pretty sure I'm following the thread you mentioned the water pump upgrade in. The T@b has had limited exposure to different sources of water in the fresh water tank and mostly coming through an inline filter. So, the plastic that ends up in these tanks (i'm with you, how does that happen?) from the factory is the main suspect here. Needless to say, I learned a lot through this and am now intimately familiar with the water system. I'm actually glad it happened now, while I was at home and could correct the situation at my leisure. I may upgrade my pump too, if @Sandiegogal  isn't happy with current water pressure situation. However, I have taken steps to avoid that by replacing the stock shower head with a  BodySpa RV Shower head that was on sale at Camping World. Thanks again, your comments are always welcome.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861

Ratkity said:

M_Mike, did the shur-flo pump sound better with it's slightly increased power?

I think this pump sounds a little bit better and doesn't sound like Woody woodpecker trying to get into my trailer. LOL 

Dsatwork -  I am guessing that particles are introduced into the lines/tank during the build portion of the trailer.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ