Options

T@da in-line battery fuse?

We have a 2008 T@da and the in-line battery fuze is rusted and no longer functional.  I want to replace it, but I'm not sure what amperage to use.  There are 20 Amp and 30 Amp fuses available.  Anyone have experience with this?

Comments

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Look closely at the fuse holder - it should have a marking with the amperage. Not sure about 2008 models, but more recent ones are 30 amps.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,452
    You might also look in the DC fuse panel at the converter. The other end of the battery + line  may also have a fuse (probably labelled "battery charger" or something similar). I would match the fuse at the battery to the fuse in the converter. As OubackAZ noted, both of these fuses are 30 amps in recent T@Bs.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Or, is this one of those fuses that is mounted on the tongue of your T@DA? If so, they are available at auto parts stores, according to a recent post from a DM T@B owner. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    On my Retro, I replaced this:

With this:
    Cutoff and 30A breaker fuse (sorry about the thumb in pict lol):

2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    vickiovickio Member Posts: 3
    Thanks folks - The condition of the old fuse made it impossible to determine amperage, but I went with a 30 Amp based on the tips presented.  Thanks so much!

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @vickio, Wow, that's seen better days! Glad to hear you got it resolved!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I put this on my new Retro. 30A battery fuse AND cut off switch. I had the same one as yours and heard they didn't last long....

2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)