Options

A little off topic - but I know there are plenty of photographers out there

texasaubiefantexasaubiefan Member Posts: 62
edited April 2017 in Camping & Travel
If it's ok - @Verna - I thought we'd start a thread on photography.  One of the major reasons I got an RV of my own was I got tired of traveling with my brother with his airstream who thought photography was something you did as you visited places (with the masses)  - not my idea of being able to stay in an area long enough to capture the beauty.   I'm a part-time professional photographer (seeing how my camera never paid as much as my job in high tech).   Thought those of us who loved seeing the world in her splendor could share that with everyone else and learn along the way.   

Heres an example.   He was ready to go so he could get back to his RV.   I took him back and drove back and hung out for a few hours to get this shot.   If i would have had my tab, I would have been dry camping way closer.  
2017 T@B 320-S, Sofitel (M@bel)
Mabel is my great grandmother that I never knew.  She took her 3 sons (ages 8-2) on an epic adventure from Alabama to Florida in the 1930's in the back of a pick up truck.  I named my female English springer spaniel after my mother.  Might as well go for broke with the brownie points in Heaven!   
TV: 2018 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew 
David & Jill, Houston, TX

Comments

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    Beautiful pic! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    edited April 2017
    I would love to see more of this kind of work as you travel in your Tab.  Hopefully you have seen JKJenn and PXLated's pics.  Both wonderful photographers.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Gorgeous!  A lesson in patience. 

It's fine, David. I did move to the category to be "Travel/Trips & Pics/Videos", more appropriate than Technical. Keep them coming. We love photos and traveling info. As long as we keep the blog and advertising away from the forum, you're in good shape. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Outstanding shot and obviously taken with a nice lens and from afar.  Digital photography is amazing and even the smart phones today are capable of spectacular photography when used accordingly.  I like the detail in this shot, the water dripping off the bird's legs and feet, etc.  One thing I always tell people is that these shots not only require patience, but you need to get out quickly, capture as many photos as you can and hope for at least a few shots to come through.  The beauty of digital is that there is no film processing, it is instant gratification and you can virtually shoot as many photos as you want without any major expense other than the initial investment in your equipment which isn't cheap.  

Thanks for sharing!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    texasaubiefantexasaubiefan Member Posts: 62
    Thanks @verna.   I tried to re categorize it and couldn't.   Thanks for doing it for me.  I'm so looking forward to not being in a hurry and letting these type of shots come to me instead of chasing because of time constraints.  I'm hoping the freedom of my tab is everything everyone posts about and maybe I can capture the magic with photos.  
    2017 T@B 320-S, Sofitel (M@bel)
    Mabel is my great grandmother that I never knew.  She took her 3 sons (ages 8-2) on an epic adventure from Alabama to Florida in the 1930's in the back of a pick up truck.  I named my female English springer spaniel after my mother.  Might as well go for broke with the brownie points in Heaven!   
    TV: 2018 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew 
    David & Jill, Houston, TX
  • Options
    Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221
    I got my T@B for the same reason...and her name is M@bel M@y after my grandmother.  
    Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    David, the freedom of traveling in the T@B is exhilarating! I expect to be doing a lot of kayak fishing this summer while I spend half the summer being a camp host (hostess would be more appropriate!) at a primitive state forest campground. While most of my duties will be Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Holidays, I will be allowed to stay camping for free for the rest of the week. I am so looking forward to this summer! Yes, there will be photos.  
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @texasaubiefan, David, very nice photo. Keep 'em coming, and enjoy the time taking them! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    driftlessdriftless Member Posts: 135
    Beautiful!  Looking forward to seeing more! 
    Happy Trails,
    Phil & Anita - Driftless: 2018 T@B 400/2015 Ford Explorer 

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Here's a rare shot and tells you just how far we've come...   =)

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    larrygonlarrygon Member Posts: 255
    Looks like PXL has some competition!

Wonderful pics!
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
    2015 T@B M@X S White with Grey trim | TV 2021 Ascent Touring | Flagstaff AZ.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    TV must have got hungry!  ;)
    Nice shot Mike, thanks for sharing!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    Sadly PXlated doesn't appear to be on our forum any longer. His alias changed to "Nomad" and no posts in almost 3 weeks.  Unless he's travelling and the forum migration butchered his account, could be that.  Dunno.  His photographs are legendary.

Anyhow, as an avid fan of photography (though I personally lack the skill/training to be one), I thoroughly do enjoy all the photographs posted here.  And now that this new forum "engine" handles resizes properly, we may see even more.  I hope so anyway!
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA