Options

Ordering and wet-bath questions

sabelsabel Member Posts: 283

We're thinking about ordering a T@B so we can get exactly what we want. What experience have you guys had in ordering yours and how long did it take?

Also we're considering the wet-bath but not sure if it's worth  the room it takes up. Anyone want to comment? Is the wet-bath actually big enough to get in and shower or sit down. I'm 5'-10" and my wife is about 5'-3". We were at a dealer yesterday and the only one they had was the clamshell with a wet-bath. Didn't try to even get in the wet-bath.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    The best way to find out about the bath and if you'll fit is to go back and try it if you can - Some I've shown it to don't like it and others think it's cool. Women tend to like it.

The 2015s don't have the sink. Being short and not squeezed in, I kinda miss not having the sink as it was a place to set stuff while shaving etc.
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553

I had a choice between the wet bath and a Q model with no wet bath.  I bought the wet bath model.  Now one year later, I would not trade my wet bath.  I do have the sink and agree it's a waste of space, but still I was able to take a shower and wash my hair.  I am 5'4" tall.  When you think about showering, it's not like it is at home.  It's more of a wet-lather-rinse routine, but I sure was glad I had it when I used it.  I DO use the toilet and I could not imagine being without it.

When I am boon docking more, I'm sure I will be even more happier that I have the option to take a shower.   

:D
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I am 5' 10" and I sit onto he toilet to shower. I would absolutely get the wetbath if I had to do it over again. I love having it I use both the shower and toilet. If I am dry camping,

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    mawebbmawebb Member Posts: 257
    I ordered my S Floor Plan M@xx about mid August and I am expecting to take delivery mid December. My wife and I are not too sure we will use the shower that often, but the toilet was a must. While its small, I tried sitting in the bathroom with the door closed and there was sufficient room. I would have liked to have the sink in the bathroom, but from what I have been reading, those that have it say that it's not worh having, particularly with the sink just outside the bathroom in the kitchen area on the S model. I did not order the port hole window in the bathroom and wonder if I should have. It would be nice to have more natural light into the bathroom during daylight hours.
    Martin - Trailer name: James T@Berius Kirk 
  • Options
    radrenradren Member Posts: 229
    The wait time for a custom ordered trailer is at least 3 months. They are in the process of building another factory and that may eventually speed things up. Our wonderful little trailers are beautifully made by the Amish in Ohio. Little guy stands behind their product and does everything possible to make their customers happy. 
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    What are your tips for drying and keeping these little wet baths sanitized. I was turned off by a wet bath a few years ago when we were looking at larger trailers, but excited that we will have one in the T@B. I am sure I am overthinking on this as well.
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391

I have found using a squeegee is a very easy way to dry the T@b after use of the shower and I clean the bathroom following normal protocols. I try to keep the Lysol wipes on hand while I travel.

The great part about traveling in the west is that nothing stays to damp or wet for long. In the east, you do have to make sure to dry things but the squeegee has worked for me.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Once again, thank you.
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553

Judymac -- I made a removable shower curtain which drapes over the edge of the toilet, down to the floor, to keep water from getting in hard-to-wipe-down areas.  I wipe down remaining wet areas of the shower with a sponge.  Here's my previous post with pictures. 

http://tab-rv.com/community/#/discussion/280/shower-curtain-modification/p1

;)
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    Thanks, Wanderoo