Options

T@b Body Care

TwinpsbTwinpsb Member Posts: 28
Help... Has anyone used 303 Protectorant on the fibreglass body of your T@b? My husband loves the stuff, but I am concerned about the finish. 
H@zel is our 2017 T@b S Max Silver/Red Trim; TV 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan
Jersey Shore

Comments

• Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    I use 303 on all the plastic trim and rubber seals. The body is a clear coated aluminum skin, regular car wax would be more appropriate.
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    Thank you so much for your quick response. Great advice!
    Jersey Shore
  • Options
    marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    There has been a warning about not using auto wax with carnuba in it. I don't know what it does but I trust those here who say not to. 
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • Options
    What do you use to wash and wax your T@B?
    Jersey Shore
  • Options
    marknjudy, you posted that you shouldn't use anything with carnuba. What does that do? We have only had our T@B since January and have washed it a few times with Meguiar's "Ultimate Wash and Wax". It seems to be fine, but we don't want to harm it.
    Jersey Shore
  • Options
    To be honest, I'm not sure what it might do to harm it. I was repeating warnings that others much more experienced than me posted here on the forum. At some point during that thread, a recommendation was mentioned for a wash and wax product for RVs that is available at Walmart. I'll search tonight to see if I can find that thread.  I'm no expert. i was following the advice of smarter folks than me. 
  • Options
    Ok. Thanks. I'm not good at finding it on here. I've checked but can't seem to find it.
    Jersey Shore
  • Options
    Well it seems mine has already been packed so I can't get the name. I typed wax in the search engine on this site and found how to clean the exterior of you T@B. I tried yo copy and paste the link but couldn't het it to work. Try typing that and it starts showing up on the second page
  • Options
    wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    From what I can surmise by searching the interwebs and others with aluminum painted RVs, I can't see any problems with using Carnauba wax on the T@B.  In fact, several brands of RV wax for painted aluminum are Carnauba based.

As an engineer, I'd be curious to hear the explanation why Carnauba wax would damage our little RVs.
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Well... I'm no engineer and a newbie to RVs and certainly didn't mean to imply that I had any wisdom on this topic other than what I remembered as a warning. However, a search of this forum as well as the T@B owners manual did not produce the word carnuba; and, in as much as no one other than Wizard has commented either way, I will defer to his knowledge on the subject and retract my comments. 

I apologize for any confusion. :s
  • Options
    Thanks to all for your help. Thought I might call the company today for their input. We love our T@B and don't want to do anything to harm her beautiful finish
    Jersey Shore
  • Options
    Excellent! Please post their recommendations here. I'm with you, I don't want to do anything to harm the finish of my baby! =)
  • Options
    I just spoke with someone at nuCamp who said that it is safe to use a wax with carnuba, but just don't get it on the decals. Guess that answers that
    Jersey Shore
  • Options
    It does! Excellent!
  • Options
    wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    Sorry marknjudy, no offense intended, I'm always curious to learn new things and perhaps there was something peculiar about our little T@Bs and wax that I didn't know. :)

I did see in more than one place about decals and wax--so maybe that's the origination.
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • Options
    No offense taken, Wizard. None at all. I don't offend that easily; and I learned something so it is a good day. I just wanted to make it clear that I wasn't an expert and hoped someone with knowledge would jump in and confirm or deny. I'm glad you did because I'm sure it helped Twinpsb, me and anyone else following this thread. I'm WAY more interested in learning than being right. :)