New T@B in North Carolina

rmcknight7rmcknight7 Member Posts: 5
Getting ready to take my new T@B to the mountains for my first time. It's good to know that this forum is
here with so many people willing to share their knowledge and experiences.  Looking forward to getting to know
others and share.  Rodney
2017 T@B s Sofitel 2001 Yukon XL 1500

Comments

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Have fun and make sure you share some photos with us as we enjoy seeing them....  Safe travels and hope you have a ball!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    Congrats on the new t@b.hoping you have many adventures to come!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Let us know about your first mountain experience.  What is your tow vehicle?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • AlanAlan Member Posts: 120
    Which mountains? "Our" mountains here around Asheville or the way out west mountains?
  • rmcknight7rmcknight7 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks everyone. This forum has already answered so many questions...its so great!! My tow vehicle is a 2001 yukon xl with 185,000 miles but I had it checked out real well and it tows great!  I decided to add sway bar. 
    Roan Mountain, Tenn
  • emgmanemgman Member Posts: 5
    Interested In your trip . I live in Charlotte NC and am looking for some good destinations.

Thanks, Richard

2017 Tab Outback  2016 Tacoma off road 4x4.

Hey Richard. Really liked this campground a friend told me about. Roan Mountain State Park. In fact, I'm going back Monday for 5 days. Nice small river beside sites 10, 16,18 and 19.  Awesome hiking up on Round Bald and Rhododendron gardens will be blooming around June.  
    Rodney
  • ruralgoddessruralgoddess Member Posts: 8
    Price Park. mile 297 on the BRParkway is also nice...lake, many hiking trails, good birding.....10 mi from Grandfather Mtn. I live right on the Pkway a couple miles away from the park...love to walk and paddle there.
    Love that area too ruralgoddess. The campground seems nice but no water or electric....Lucky you living so close
  • TennTimTennTim Member Posts: 8
    I live by Roan Mountain (Kingsport) and yes, very nice park although it can be hard to reserve on summer weekends. The park itself has some OK trails but the real stars are hiking in that area with the AT nearby. Laurel falls, Watauga Lake, and the ever popular Carvers Gap to 19E over the Roan Balds by the Yellow Mountain Barn Shelter. 
  • WanderinginWonderWanderinginWonder Member Posts: 47
    @rmcknight7 One place you might want to look into is Bandit's Roost outside of Wilkesboro. We stayed there this past weekend and is a great home base location to 4 State Parks (Elk Knob, Stone Mountain, Mount Jefferson, and New River) and the Blue Ridge Parkway. It is on W.Scott Kerr Reservoir and the camper spot we had (#99) was right on the lake and the trail leading down to the lake was right next to us. We loved it and plan to go back soon (well after we knock off a few more state parks off of our list of places to go first.)

It's nice to see other NC T@B owners and maybe we will see you on the road!
    2018 T@B 400 Silver and Black "Luxo" / 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo - Jeremy and Andrea - Southport, NC
  • kkfouchekkfouche Member Posts: 16
    Glad to read all of the posts from NC Tab owners. My Tab 320 S is due to arrive in December. Merry Christmas to me! I appreciate the info about campsites. I hope we can keep our NC thread going.
    2021 Tab 320 Boondock
    VW Atlas
    Asheville, NC
  • HarwoodmaryHarwoodmary Member Posts: 18
    Hi- I am the proud owner of a 2018 Tab 320S. We live outside of Chapel Hill; just getting to know our little camper and looking forward to learning more about the nuances of owning/operating a NuCamp!
  • JamesJames Member Posts: 32
    Hi- I am the proud owner of a 2018 Tab 320S. We live outside of Chapel Hill; just getting to know our little camper and looking forward to learning more about the nuances of owning/operating a NuCamp!
    Hey neighbor.  We're in Chapel Hill and are picking up a new 400 on Wednesday from D&H in Apex.  We'll have to get together and compare notes.

We don't have a tow vehicle, but are planning to buy a new Ford F150 in the next month or so.  Need a new truck anyway, and this will likely be my last vehicle purchase ever, so I may end up splurging.

We traded in a 2004 Roadtrek which we owned for six years, so I do have a little bit of camper experience, but never towed anything before.

If you need me, I'm at jamesalexanderprotzman at gee mail dot com.

2021 TAB 400 BDL 
    No towing vehicle currently owned, looking at F150
    Chapel Hill, North Carolina

• ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 724
    @James , @Harwoodmary
    Another T@B 400 in Chapel Hill here! Spent all summer traveling around the Blue Ridge mountains this summer in a 2021 model. It performed flawlessly and was extremely comfortable for 2 people. Hope you enjoy yours too.
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
    Santa arrived on Wednesday with my 2021 Tab 320 Boondock. I've been collecting names of Tab owners in NC and have 15 names in my database. I think we should plan a gathering for the spring. To do so, we would need to get reservations soon. Is anyone interested?
    2021 Tab 320 Boondock
    VW Atlas
    Asheville, NC
  • JeffroNCJeffroNC Member Posts: 366
    Let me know, we are in Asheville. JeffMasterman at g mail dot com
    2019 T@B 400 BDL 2017 F150 3.5L Ecoboost
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

• Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    My wife and I are in Concord, we would be very interested in getting together too.

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • tknorristknorris Member Posts: 2
    I'm scheduled for delivery of a TAB 320 CS January 21st. My step-son has TAG as well. We are both in Apex. We would be interested.
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @tknorris, welcome to the forum, and plz post pics of the new rig when it arrives. In the meantime, enjoy the a n t i c i p a t i o n!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • norwoodnorwood Member Posts: 61
    @kkfouche we would be interested in getting together with fellow NC T@b owners. We are in Charlotte area. Keep us in the loop.
    Dennis and Mary Jo
    North Carolina
    2015 T@b Max Q

• ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 724
    tknorris said:
    I'm scheduled for delivery of a TAB 320 CS January 21st. My step-son has TAG as well. We are both in Apex. We would be interested.
    Apex..."The Peak of Good Living"!!
    Apex was a tiny crossroads when I moved here in the mid 1980s...it sure has grown since then.
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
    I tried to find a campground that could accommodate those that might want to get together in Western NC, but have had no luck finding vacancies. I'll keep looking. Was hoping we could gather in late March or early April. I did make reservations at Cheaha State Park near Birmingham for the weekend of April 15. There will be a gathering of the "Tearjerkers" that weekend. That's a neat park so looking forward to it. I also made reservations with the same group for the October 15th weekend at Harrison State Park near Chattanooga. Can't believe how far ahead one needs to make reservations. The Tearjerkers FB group is pretty interesting. They have a NC/SC Chapter. 

2021 Tab 320 Boondock
    VW Atlas
    Asheville, NC
  • Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    Might be worth a shot to look at Trout Creek Campground in Tuskegee, we were there last fall for a couple of nights. Way off the beaten path, very nice place.

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • tknorristknorris Member Posts: 2
    ChrisFix said:
    tknorris said:
    Apex..."The Peak of Good Living"!!
    Apex was a tiny crossroads when I moved here in the mid 1980s...it sure has grown since then.

Haha. I moved to Raleigh in 1998 and I drove out to a co-worker at that time that lived in Apex. I remember thinking: "Why does this guy live out in the middle of nowhere??" I've been living in Apex for about 10 years now and it's even blown up in that time.