Options

Getting hot water from the cold faucet and toilet

We have a new 2015 T@B CSS MAXX, we are getting intermitten scalding hot water from the cold water faucet, as well as hot water when we flush the toilet. Full hookup campsite. Any ideas why this is happening?

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I think I see a return to your dealer in your near future!
    Unless you would like to see where your hot and cold water lines are connected to the wrong place. Simple enough to change, if easily accessible. I would trace out the water pipes (tubing) to see which ones should be where.
    At least this would be my guess.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    rodsgliderodsglide Member Posts: 7
    We have a call into the dealer, but we're thinking there is something other than switched hoses since It isn't constant hot from the cold, but intermittent, like 10 sec of cold, 10 sec of hot, 10 sec of cold.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    That is really odd. Does it happen equally when on city water and fresh water or more often on one versus the other?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    rodsgliderodsglide Member Posts: 7
    yes, happens equally on city or fresh...pump on or off.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    If you have hot water coming into the toilet area it's probably an incorrect fitting.  Your toilet shouldn't have hot water as it is a cold water line and there's no way hot water could enter that area unless one of the water lines was incorrectly hooked up.  

Call Ed Kauffman at the factory (number is in contact discussion area on forum) and he can probably talk you through it on the phone or email you some type of schematic, etc.
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    My 2014 CS does this too.  Whenever I turn on the cold water, you get a few seconds of hot along with it.

I've thought about what could be up... I plan to draw a schematic of the plumbing and see if I can find a flaw.  I've wondered if it's expansion of hot water from the tank that makes its way into the cold side.  Might be fixable by installing a check-valve and an expansion tank.  Just thinking out loud here...
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • Options
    mawebbmawebb Member Posts: 257
    Is it possible the winterizing valve between the hot and cold systems is in the open position, letting hot water back feed into the cold system? It's a valve that sits between the red and blue pipes and is next to the Alde heater.
    Martin - Trailer name: James T@Berius Kirk