Options

We have a name

drpprmtdrpprmt Member Posts: 117

After downsizing from a big class A we took our first trip in our TAB.  What a learning experience.  Glad it was close to home and just for “shake down”.  Parking a trailer is different that a motorhome with a camera.  When my wife says STOP, I should have.  Also, when my wife complained about low water pressure I should have checked the water spigot; and turned it all the way on.  We learned a lot about packing.  We filled the car with things we don’t need in the trailer and will leave at home next time.  Best thing my wife thought of was getting small containers for stuff in the refrigerator.  Guess if we use them up we’ll stop by a McDonalds condiment bar. We purchased a big water bowl for the dog.  Great for him, bad for my socks.  We can cook in the TAB but are going to do much more outside.  Isn’t that what camping is for anyway?  Speaking of cooking, open the roof vent.  The dog actually can howl louder than the alarm.  DO NOT READ NATIONAL NEWS!    Raise the rear leveling jacks before attempting to raise the hitch to the car.  We are both Sooo out of shape.

Now that we have completed our first journey we have a name…Pocket Camper.

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @drpprmt, That would be Pocket C@mper in T@B lingo!  :) Yes, sir, it IS a learning experience. Glad to hear you're getting things figured out. Oh, and by the way...spare pair of socks! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    LOL, I love your description of your shakedown trip. My solution to the water on the floor issue is to wear crocs LOL. Spare socks are never a bad idea though!! Especially if people start looking for the bag of Fritos when you take your shoes off (aka cornchip feets!) :lol: 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861

drpprmt said:

After downsizing from a big class A we took our first trip
    in our TAB.
      What a learning
    experience.
      Glad it was close to home
    and just for “shake down”.
      Parking a
    trailer is different that a motorhome with a camera.
      When my wife says STOP, I should have.  Also, when my wife complained about low water
    pressure I should have checked the water spigot; and turned it all the way on.
      We learned a lot about packing.  We filled the car with things we don’t need in
    the trailer and will leave at home next time.

Best thing my wife thought of was getting small containers for stuff in
    the refrigerator.
      Guess if we use them
    up we’ll stop by a McDonalds condiment bar.
     We purchased a big water bowl for the
    dog.
      Great for him, bad for my
    socks.
      We can cook in the TAB but are
    going to do much more outside.
      Isn’t
    that what camping is for anyway?

Speaking of cooking, open the roof vent. 
    The dog actually can howl louder than the alarm.  DO NOT READ NATIONAL NEWS!    Raise the rear leveling jacks before
    attempting to raise the hitch to the car.

We are both Sooo out of shape.

I found myself chucking when I read your candid post, too cute!  I'm also betting that like myself, many folks are thinking "been there and done that too!" and are a bit embarrassed to either admit they've had similar things happen and who would never admit or post them up here on the forum area.  One thing that comes to mind here is a conversation I had with a lady friend at the first Tearstock rally.  She told me she was camped out west next to a high rock outcropping along a canyon that had a bit of a slope to it.  When she was setting up her 4-wide Little Guy and unhooked from her tow vehicle the trailer began to roll downhill.  She grabbed onto the tongue of the trailer and was suddenly being dragged down hill via gravity!   Lucky for her, the trailer wedged in some bushes and she was able to back down, hook onto the trailer and barely missed having it launch off the side of the hill and down into the canyon!   I thought about here last month on the way up through Colorado and when I was unhooking my T@B at 9K in a site similar to hers.  I did remember to put the wheel chocks down and also added some large rocks behind them just in case and kept a safety chain hooked to the truck should things suddenly change for the worse!  

That is about all I'll fess up to at this point in time, but obviously we've all had some close calls and since the statute of limitations isn't up I will take the 5th!    :o=)B)
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Yep, gotta watch those hills. At first you think, "Oh, it'll stop.," then, "Please stop", then, "STOP", usually follow by "HELLLLP!" And yes @Michigan_Mike, I also plead the 5th! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf