Options

How to install A/C vent cover?

2»

Comments

• Options
    CoolparrotCoolparrot Member Posts: 18
    @hymie best idea I've seen yet for an A/C vent cover. Joseph Langrek on fb t@b group nailed it. I just boaght the material for that idea! Going to build one and will post pics of the results here when done. Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    JohnDanielsCPAJohnDanielsCPA Member Posts: 238
    Just wanted to follow up on my earlier conversation.  As I said earlier, I used Duralock to attach the cover to the outside grill by placing long strips on the top and bottom and short strips on the sides, but the strips being long enough to cover from snap to snap.  After traveling in it over the past several weeks (one trip through the Owyhee byway with lots of bumps, dirt roads, etc. and my most recent trip in pouring rain, severe head and side winds through the desert between the Hagerman Valley and Boise), the cover didn't move an inch.  I have also washed the trailer several times and noted no water intrusion.  At this point, I feel comfortable saying it will work well.  As I noted before, if you use Duralock, it is expensive.  You also have to thoroughly clean the cover and the grill with alcohol prior to applying or it won't stick.  Finally, I have not tested its retention by putting it on, taking it off, putting it back on, etc., but it seems like it will hold.
    2022 T@B 400 BD
    2019 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost with Long Bed
  • Options
    CoolparrotCoolparrot Member Posts: 18
    edited June 2017
    I loved this idea so much, I copied the concept (with some modification). Heres what I have so far! Will post pics when finished hopefully this weekend!

Thanks for the GREAT IDEA! It will match the diamond plate rock guard and the custom tongue box I copied from the teardrop shop website but made it much better! Pics soon! 

hymie said:
    Posted in another thread but deserves to be here...

Credit to Joseph Langrek on fb t@b group! 

I will be doing something very, very similar to this! Looks great. 

• Options
    TalanTalan Member Posts: 11
    Photomom said:
    The vent cover I ordered from Elsie arrived today. No instructions, how to install?

Photomom said:
    The vent cover I ordered from Elsie arrived today. No instructions, how to install?

• Options
    Where did you buy snap on cover ?  I want to order one  Thank you
  • Options
    Where can you order the metal vent cover ?  
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Talan, The snap-on version can be ordered through the parts department.
    Toll-Free Number: 844.823.9112
    Phone:  
    (330) 852-4811 Ask for parts, or use extension #304 for Elsie
    The metal vent cover was made by a forum member, can't just be ordered.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    gophergradgophergrad Member Posts: 115
    @JohnDanielsCPA Any further report on the 3M product?  Still stuck on there?  Thanks
    2017 CS-S Max (Silver & Yellow), TV 2019 Ram 1500
    Camping under the Big Sky
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Nice vent cover!
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    JohnDanielsCPAJohnDanielsCPA Member Posts: 238
    The cover is still attached after another weekend bouncing around in the dirt.  Washed it all down when I got home.  The 3M duralock continues to hold.
    2022 T@B 400 BD
    2019 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost with Long Bed