Options

Visor for T@B

I am going to try and make a home made visor for a friends T@B.  It will be a surprise for them.  My problem is that they are in Italy and I am in Denmark.

I need to know what size line the runner takes. Can anyone help please.

Comments

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    What a great idea, and what a great friend you are! @steveindenmark if I remember correctly I read that the European keder rail is a different dimension than the US rail. Maybe you could find and Italian T@b dealer online and ask them? I made an awning last weekend from a tarp and rope, etc, and I do know that a smaller diameter rope will pop right out of the rail. US rail takes 3/8" cord or rope. Also you might want to include a can of silicone spray with your gift. Spraying the rail as you insert the visor/awning etc makes it go in a lot smoother, and slides right out when you pull for take down. Good luck!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,449
    I assume you are talking about the keder rail cord. I recently purchased some 8.5mm (5/16") to fabricate a screen skirt and it seems to fit fine. I based that on a rough measure of the cord on my awning, so perhaps 3/8" is a better choice.

However, as noted previously, European T@Bs are made by a different company and may not be the same.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,679
    I bet the Keder Solutions people know the answer.

https://www.kedersolutions.com/product-category/keder-rail/

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi