Options

What's your take on the T@B table?

ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
edited May 2017 in Tips & Tricks
Here's another topic that comes up so often it just calls for another poll!
2015 T@B S

What's your take on the T@B table? 76 votes

I like the old style "elevator" table just fine.
18% 14 votes
The versitile Lagun table is the only way to go.
47% 36 votes
It's camping. Ditch the table and eat outside.
34% 26 votes

Comments

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    Interesting poll, but I'd like to see an "Other" option. I think with T@bs the more versatile the more useful. Also camping styles change depending on location and weather. Just a thought. 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    EstancioEstancio Member Posts: 243
    Four years of struggling with the original T@B table was all I could stand. Bought the Lagun, put in slats, and my only regret is that I should have done it sooner.
    Stancil Campbell
    2011 T@B
    Rockingham, NC

• Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    While I think the Lagun mod is awesome, I don't plan on adding it anytime soon. Bed slats and Walmart table work great, and can use the table outside.  Lately we've used a couple bed slats for our table.  Prefer to eat outside if possible, and our Costco chairs have a nice side table.

2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    We never really liked the original table.  I liked it on the showroom floor, but was disappointed in practice.  We made our own slats and used those for the bed, bringing in a small table or using a few of the slats as needed.  Now we've gone the twin bed setup, and so far this works well for us.  Our table no longer works with this. So, I sent away for the Lagun, thinking to swing it between us for a table, or up between the pillows and down lower for the night.  I'm thinking this will work for a place to put the book etc.  I ordered it from that London outfit and got it in two days.  Now to install it..
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    We love the the lagun table for using outside where it's used for prep because we cook on a Road Grill primarily. When it's not being used as a prep table we keep our toaster oven on it outside. It's always available for use inside for playing board games or cards. When not is use, it stores in the top of the passenger wheel well compartment, where it takes up precious little space.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    We got the pedestal table option with ours and have never used it.  Made fold in half bed slats , fold them and set them between us for a small table.  Like the open floor more than a table in the way.
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    linolino Member Posts: 226
    We only use the table on rain days and really appreciate it.
    Once the weather is hot we will probably have it stored  in the tv or under the bed. Love the versatility.

• Options
    marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    I agree with @db_cooper, @atlasband others. I ditched the original table, put in slats and will probably get the Walmart table, but thus far I'm enjoying the wide open spaces with nothing in the path for now. It feels like it doubled the floor space inside. Actually, it might have. :)
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    The original "fold-up, fold-down" table still has some of my DNA on it from hitting my shins, pinching my fingers, and a few episodes of curse words when it would either not go up, or down. It now resides in my garage in the "up" position where I stack camping gear on it for the winter. It only lasted one camping trip, and it immediately came out, replaced by bed slats. Like @Estancio said..."my only regret was that I didn't do it sooner"! No longer have a table inside at all, bed stays made in a queen size bed, if need be, use half the slats for a table. I'm camping, and I'd much rather be outside anyway! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    Homebodyatheart said:

Interesting poll, but I'd like to see an "Other" option. I think with T@bs the more versatile the more useful. Also camping styles change depending on location and weather. Just a thought.

Good point, but I can't seem to edit the choices once the poll is underway. I guess you mavericks will have to sound off in the "comments" section.  :-)

Before the Lagun table came on the scene, there were several discussions about alternatives to the original table. I thought it was an okay design, but it just consumed too much precious space in either the up or down position, so it got ditched. We do most of our camping in fair weather, so on the rare occasions when we retreat inside, we use a few bed slats as a surface, or bring in one of our folding aluminum tables. The Lagun is a really cool rig in concept, but it seems to involve a bit too much futzing for my tastes.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    edited May 2017
    @Homebodyatheart, I just like to go camping, "weather", or not! =)
    You should know by now, living in the Pacific Northwest, wait 5 minutes, it'll change! ;)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    One table is fine two tables are even better. If you are interested in the first one. Pop-T@B has very detailed instructions available. The second one is used as a bed slat.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    One can NEVER have enough tables, right @Dalehelman? =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    drpprmtdrpprmt Member Posts: 117
    We found the table somewhat inconvenient and put it under the T@B most of the time, unless weather forced us inside.  We just purchased the outside mount and will probably leave the table outside most of the time, again, weather permitting.  I am just not looking forward to mounting the bracket myself.  Hope there are some instructions or measurements.  BTW, those Costco chairs are great.
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 929
    edited May 2017
    Our original table is most often lowered into the bed position.  We usually move the picnic table in our campsite to a position under the awning to satisfy our needs.  When the weather forces us inside I find the table not very difficult to raise.  We are glad the table is not any smaller than it is.  We use all the available surface at mealtime and after for laptops and stuff.
    The Lagun or small tray tables just would not work for us.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    @Dalehelman I don't ever remember seeing the bed slat table or how you have it mounted for use as a table. Is that buried on the forum somewhere or is this the first time you are sharing it? If it's not shared somewhere, please share more about the mount.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410

dsatwork said:

@Dalehelman I don't ever remember seeing the bed slat table or how you have it mounted for use as a table. Is that buried on the forum somewhere or is this the first time you are sharing it? If it's not shared somewhere, please share more about the mount.

Here are some pictures 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    @Dalehelman very clever
  • Options
    TTTabTTTab Member Posts: 100
    OK What is the Walmart table?  Anyone have a pic or model number?
    2015 T@B M@x S silver and white
    tv 2010 Lexus RX350 Matador red  
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,495
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    TTTabTTTab Member Posts: 100
    Thanks SAM
    2015 T@B M@x S silver and white
    tv 2010 Lexus RX350 Matador red  
  • Options
    I think folded up you can carry it in the shower wedged next to the toilet.
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited May 2017
    Original table works great for us. Nice to be able to use it anywhere we need it outside. 
    Solid, sturdy, and heavy enough that it doesn't tip easily. Only negative is that it's not weatherproof.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
  • Options
    texasaubiefantexasaubiefan Member Posts: 62
    Can't imagine life without the lagun.  Wonderfully flexible.  Outside mount was worth adding.  We looked at older tab with the older table. One of the reasons we bought new. 
    2017 T@B 320-S, Sofitel (M@bel)
    Mabel is my great grandmother that I never knew.  She took her 3 sons (ages 8-2) on an epic adventure from Alabama to Florida in the 1930's in the back of a pick up truck.  I named my female English springer spaniel after my mother.  Might as well go for broke with the brownie points in Heaven!   
    TV: 2018 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew 
    David & Jill, Houston, TX
  • Options
    Atlasb, first time I have seen a handle like that to lift and fold the 2 bedslats. How did you secure the boards together?  It almost looks like 2 large cutting boards.
  • Options
    The back side has 2- 1x2 nailed to the slats, with space between the slats.  I use hinges to allow it to fold in the center.  the Pull strap is stapled to the under side and you just lift it up and it folds. It lays on the rails mounted to the sides below the cushions. Right size to fit on the rear cushion and My wife and I set on either side.  large enough for our plates etc.  Made out of 1 by boards and sealed.  Leaves the center open and gives us much more room.  I usually place the microwave on it and strap it around the cushions for transit.
  • Options
    That is a first!  How heavy is it?
  • Options
    solowmnsolowmn Member Posts: 7
    For the the unimaginative, would you consider showing a pic of the underside?
  • Options
    marilyncpmarilyncp Member Posts: 117
    edited June 2017
    I love the table, hate the location.  I moved mine so I can get in and out of bed (I travel alone and only set up the back bench as my bed... I keep it as a day bed with pillows)  I moved it to the bench side near the shoilet... it fits back over the bench but I am able to move it around for 3-4 peeps to use. 
    M@rilyn
    Previous 2017 T@B S owner... c'est l@ vie
    But still passionate about the brand!