Options

outside lagun mount

We will be getting our outside lagun table mount next week so I was looking at how to mount it.  We have the Max S model so it is different from the pictures shown in other discussions.  From what I see, there is no way to place this mount in front of the outside electric box as the bolts would go into the bracing for the seats.  Mounting behind the electric box would put the bolts going directly into the piping for the heating.  HELP.

Comments

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217

drpprmt said:

We will be getting our outside lagun table mount next week so I was looking at how to mount it.  We have the Max S model so it is different from the pictures shown in other discussions.  From what I see, there is no way to place this mount in front of the outside electric box as the bolts would go into the bracing for the seats.  Mounting behind the electric box would put the bolts going directly into the piping for the heating.  HELP.

As I understand it, the mounting screws NEED to go through the T@B wall into that 2x4. The wall itself is not strong enough to support it. That is what I was expecting to do when and if we do this mod.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    drpprmtdrpprmt Member Posts: 117
    from the pictures in the previous lagun posting it shows the mount with bolts, not screws.  Guess this will take some careful measurements. ?????
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,927
    @drpprmt, the recent pics you are referring to were of an exterior mount in a clamshell unit. I think I was the first to post of an exterior mount lagun in a "s" unit. My 2017 sofitel came with the factory mount. I did not order it. Here are my pics. Exterior position of the mount, then the interior bracing you were referring to. Yes the mount screws into the 2 x 4 bracing.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,528

Lagun Table Pedestal - Mod & Outside Use

Search for Michigan Mike's post.  The S models may be too close to the fender to allow for a dining table height.  He modified his pedestal and made it work.

Sharon
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    You need to put an additional piece of wood next to the seat support 2x4.  Two people would be nice, but not necessary--one inside to hold the wood in place and one outside with the screw. Or, just screw the additional piece of wood to the seat support to keep it in place. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289

Verna said:

You need to put an additional piece of wood next to the seat support 2x4.  Two people would be nice, but not necessary--one inside to hold the wood in place and one outside with the screw. Or, just screw the additional piece of wood to the seat support to keep it in place. 

Yes, @Michigan_Mike told me when he did his mod, he missed with one of the screws at first.  So @Verna and Mike are correct in that you will need to add the additional wood. I'm hoping to do this mod this week. I will need to place the bracket between the fender and the cargo door. Will post photos if all goes well. (fingers crossed)

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
    Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al