Options

What led you to get a T@B?

2»

Comments

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770

ClaudeA said:

This!  Camping on the South Rim of the Grand Canyon 1st week of April this year.

WOW!! Just seeing it is making me shiver... brrrrr.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    DogdenDogden Member Posts: 6
    I didn't want to buy a new SUV.  I bought my Toyota Highlander new in 2004, keep it serviced and wanted to go camping.  So in my tow limits the T@B S became an option.  I thought I could handle it since it is small.  The wet bath was a must have as was an inside kitchen.  The You tube video of the retired pharmacist sealed the deal. She did an excellent job of showcasing it, as did some dealers.  The first warm glow came from the fantastic table the 2017 Tab S had.  I hate those wobbly tube things.  Then the smart screen door and elegant window screen/privacy shade works.  I thought "why don't all RV/trailers use these?  In fact I looked at Airstream trailers and left in-impressed with their windows & curtain design - considering the money.  I came away from my investigations feeling the quality.  I had sticker shock per square foot so to speak, but I have never regretted going with quality.  I really liked how quiet it was inside.  I bought "Dogden" 2018 T@B S - yesterday. Went shopping for accessories today!  The wait for the factory build is gonna be tough.  Joined this forum and signed up for Pacific NW rally in Sept.  This is gonna be fun~!
  • Options
    JdcoupleJdcouple Member Posts: 96
    We had a 32ft 5th wheel. 9500#'s
    We had a 27ft camper. 7500#'s
    They both required a big expensive hard to drive no gas milage truck.

We love our Outback. 1900#'s
     Gonna get an easy to drive better milage small truck. Probably a Tacoma. Wanna start doing some longer farther away trips. 

We spend just as much time in our T@B as we did in the other 2. Much easier to handle.

2017 T@B Outback, 2000 Excursion V10 4x4

• Options
    hdb90hdb90 Member Posts: 11

We used to tent camp with the kids then moved up to a popup. A few years later we started renting cabins/houses. Wife is retiring in the next year and we want to travel through the west. So we wanted something small. We went to rv shows and always liked the looks of the t@bs, but I didn't want to sleep on dinette cushions. So I decided to build an off road style teardrop. We kept seeing a t@b on a local facebook page and after about a month I called. It had a few issues but nothing we could take care of so we bought it.

Last week was our first trip out and we have a couple more planned. So far I believe we found what we were looking for.

States Visited Map
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 911
    Love tent camping.  Have done it my whole life.  Wanted warm and dry sleeping (seems like every Labor Day end up soaking wet and/or 28 degrees).  Add a bathroom and I started seriously looking.  Found the clamshell option so I could cook outside and now we own a CS-S and love it.  Add the perk of being able to leave 30 minutes after you decide to go and I am a "happy camper"!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    JustJohnJustJohn Member Posts: 171
    Like some others, I loved my Silver Shadow but I wanted: to make some longer trips and with a bit more convienience when stuck in camp, the ability to cook inside, the ability to shower, TV, radio, heat, ac and etc. I travel solo so the T@B was all I needed and the quality and factory support made my decision easy.
    2016 Outback.....North East N.C...... Former 2012 Silver Shadow
  • Options
    webcrawlerwebcrawler Member Posts: 133
    My little 5'-2" wife looked too cute standing in the door way not to buy it...
    Kennesaw, Georgia

2016 Silver/Black T@B M@x S with Scuba Black interior.  2015 Lincoln MKC AWD 2.0L Ecoboost tow vehicle. Tekonsha Prodigy wireless Brake Controller.
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
      I grew up tent trailer camping all over the US, Baja, and B.C. My brother told me a few years back that I got the family camping gene (he got the deep sea fishing one) and he is right! Once I was out on my own I bought a tent and gear. I still use most of the gear, even with the T@b MaxS. I went from a sleeping bag on the ground, to air mattress, to double high air mattress to comfy cot so I don''t have to roll out on the floor and crawl my way to stand up to the T@b MaxS this spring! We are getting to the age where creature comforts are important, and I've wanted a trailer since I was about 8. No time like the present! The T@b is perfect for me/us. I can handle it myself when I go with friends, or together with DH. I cook outside with my original camping gear, but if I want to or need to I have the option of cooking inside. The inside "facilities" are a dream come true! Either way, it's my dream and I'm finally living it! I love the quality, and the lifestyle, and most of all the friendships I've formed with other owners! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    First off, we tent camped for 42 years.  My love said, no more. We didnt want a big unit.  A TAG type was too small at this stage of life.  We looked at the Tabs and that was it.  We took a vote and it was decided we needed an inside toilet and kitchen.  Our house is a democracy after all. I get one vote, she gets two.  
    We did look at Rpods, but i liked the smaller size Tab.  It makes you be frugal in space usage and we like it.  
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    gophergradgophergrad Member Posts: 115
    See the wings?  LOL. I've done an awful lot of tent camping, both personal and professional.  We still have the Eureka! backpacking tent that the SU bought ~ 1980, but I'm pretty tired of sleeping on the ground.  I did a ton of research, spent a couple years talking about a small RV, then got her to go look at a few with me.  The big appeal was that the T@b has everything we want -- warm, dry, bed, a few creature comforts, the CS has an outdoor kitchen -- and it's still small enough that we will actually use it.  Plus, we could get it in yellow.
    2017 CS-S Max (Silver & Yellow), TV 2019 Ram 1500
    Camping under the Big Sky
  • Options
    Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221

We live in Colorado and my husband was convinced that the dogs and I would get killed by a mountain lion if we camped in a tent. :-| He's not much of a camping person, so the next best thing was a small camper that I could handle on my own.  After doing some research, the T@B Outback was the perfect off-road option for me.  I have no regrets.  After a few cold nights outside while the dogs and I were toasty warm inside, I don't miss the tent anymore. 

Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    edited June 2017
    Both my wife and I did some camping when we were growing up, in a variety of different forms, from backcountry canoe trips, to tent trailers, to RVs.  In the last couple years though, we only went camping once, when we borrowed my parents' tent trailer.

We wanted to be able to plan trips short notice, and have almost all of the essentials already packed and ready to go.  We wanted the ability to take off Friday after work, and set up camp somewhere, in the dark if needed, without too much struggle.  We did not want to be fiddling around with poles and strings upon arrival.  We wanted to spend most of our time outside, and an outdoor kitchen was very appealing.  Heating and cooling were a must.  We wanted something visually appealing, that did not take up a ton of room in our driveway.  My wife preferred to have a bathroom as well.

The T@b CS-S delivered on all the above.  I do wish the bed was bigger, and the cost was lower, but we are expecting to really enjoy this little T@b.
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Member Posts: 6
    Didn't mind sleeping in a tent. 

But getting to my boondocking spot in the middle of the night, sleeping in the car so I wouldn't accidentally set up camp right on top of a fire ant mound and then setting up camp the following morning...ugh.  Then taking down camp--and last year broke camp in a named tropical storm.  I'm too old to be doing all of this by myself. 

With the T@b, I got to camp, walked back to the trailer and got in bed. 
    CroT@lus, a 2017 T@b - S Outback pulled by a 2016 Subaru Outback
  • Options
    AMacAMac Member Posts: 75
    Tent camping in Florida in the summer in a thunderstorm. Want to be close to nature, but not that close.
  • Options
    LauraReyLauraRey Member Posts: 338
    I was tired of sleeping in a tent, on the ground.  Packing and unpacking and repacking the gear was a pain.  Now, the T@B is set up with everything but clothes and groceries.  I add clothes and groceries, hook up, and go.  I've already camped more this year then in the past three combined.

I adore my little red and white camper.  It is cool looking and well made.  I researched what to buy for several months, but when it came down to it, I bought the first one I had sat in.  I saw it and fell in love with it.  (What I find fascinating is that several other tabs were sold by that dealership in the months between when I saw it and actually bought it.  We were definitely fated.)

Red and White, 2017 Max S being towed by a 2014 Honda Ridgeline.  Hello Mountains!