Options

Battery/propane cover and T@B door window

Do you have a lock on your propane tank/battery cover? If so, pics, please. Gotta love those little twisty door blinds on the 2015 models. Since our 2014 does not have, was wondering what type of privacy you have on yours. I saw the online store has them, not sure how it installs. Comments?
Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    No lock on my 2015 cover.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391

PXLated - those new porthole winds shades just stick to the window - no installation is required. They are awesome!

Also, my T@b came with a lock on the propane cover.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    Jenn, my dealer said it was a replacement window for our 2014. I can only find them on the Little Guy store for $30+ Thank you for all your help. We have a latch on our propane cover, no lock. Love the 2015 upgrades!
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    JudyMac -- I have the turn-style, porthole window shade from Little Guy, and I love it.  I installed it after-market on m 2014 T@B. It's about $30 and comes with some adhesive stick-ons.  Very easy to install and glad I did it.  True, you could put a curtain over the window, but I like the clean, sleek look of the porthole cover.  ;)
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    Thanks, Beth. I a assume you purchased from LG shop? If not, do you mind sharing where you purchased? They are neat. Jenn, my husband was able to use a cabinet lock and now our battery storage is locked. One day @ a time.

• Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553

Yes, I did get mine from the LG shop.  Before I purchased it, I was able to find out the name of the manufacturer (who makes accessories for boats), and the price was about the same after tax and shipping was added in.  Since I would rather give LG my business, I ordered it from them.

I know that when you first get your T@B everything is new and can be overwhelming.  Just take your time and don't give up.  I'm living proof of that!!!!!

Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    We are more encouraged today as a result of everyone's help and especially the work that another poster has done by sharing the CORRECT manual for our Alde. Could have saved a lot of frustration. We want to take it for an overnite locally, but could not use the heat without blowing out the anti-freeze..thus the husband wanting to use an electric heater which scares me.

• Options
    Cheryl74074Cheryl74074 Member Posts: 71
    Judy- where are you located, and what temps are you worried about? You'd be surprised how warm it is in the T@b, just with the fridge running and your body heat! How about an electric blanket if you're still afraid to use the Alde?
    Cheryl, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel, 2015 T@b S Maxx (T@bitha)
  • Options
    Cheryl, Central KY. We are expecting snow already and cold temps, but we assume we are winterized thoroughly. We want to take her to warm climate for a week but since we are greenhorns, have decided to do a more local overnite. My biggest fear is understanding which instructions are correct. LOL. Seriously, we realize we have to get the anti-freeze out of the lines, Alde says so. More concerned about damaging something.

• Options
    Cheryl74074Cheryl74074 Member Posts: 71
    Even though the Alde manual says not to put RV antifreeze in the Alde, they have also told Little Guy that it wouldn't hurt anything if you did. Just don't turn the Alde on with RV antifreeze in the lines, unless you have bypassed the Alde.
    We just came back from northern Vermont, Canada, and the UP of Michigan, where it got below freezing at night (mid 20's)...but we were toasty warm in the T@b, and even turned the heat off because it was so warm from just the fridge and body heat.

Cheryl, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel, 2015 T@b S Maxx (T@bitha)
  • Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    Do not forget to vent! Your breath puts a lot of moisture in the air, and will condense on the interior if too cold. Otherwise, as many have said... the interior warms qu,ckly. I wouldn't think a small little heater would be a problem if you did not want to fire up the alde. Take the edge off the cold.
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    I have a Dutchmen T@B and live in southern IL.  I usually camp once per month during the winter.  I find I have to run the heat very little.  T@Bs stay warm and cozy inside :D
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.