Options

Need Touch up paint

clinckclinck Member Posts: 57
the plastic cover over the battery and the Propane tank has suffered some road rash and the paint is flaking off the cover. Does anyone know if I can buy the yellow paint, maybe in aerosol form to lightly re-spray those areas that are affected.
Chris and Toby, the wonder dog
2014 320S
2016 kia Sorrento SXL V6

Comments

• Options
    JustJohnJustJohn Member Posts: 171
    I would send Ed at NuCamp a email and ask if they have touch up paint or can tell you where to look for it. If not, take a sample to your local paint center and see if they can match it. Getting a plastic compatible paint in the right color may be a problem.
    2016 Outback.....North East N.C...... Former 2012 Silver Shadow
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,513
    Search here for Krylon paint.  Dale Helman reported that it is available at Home Depot.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    The Krylon was for the outside skin.  Not sure if it will work for the plastic trim on our Tabs.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @SAM, @clinck, I'm pretty sure is lookin' for the yellow tub paint, not the silver/gray.
    @clinck, 'ya might wanna try Elsie in parts as well. She's REALLY good at trackin' stuff down!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    @clinck - contact Elsie in Parts. You can order the paint (I recently got some) -- if you don't want to try elsewhere. 
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    Yes.  The factory has it.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Sounds like the voices of experience...... 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Amazing forum friends...thank you all so much for th help...
    2014 320S
    2016 kia Sorrento SXL V6
  • Options
    @clinck, That's EXACTLY what the folks are here for.........and maybe a bit of good-natured ribbin' once in awhile! Smile! You're on T@Bbavision! :)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    One caveat for touch-up paint of any kind. There might be a color mismatch due to sun, age, etc on the original equipment. If it were me, I'd prep the entire bin and do a full paint job (which is prob what you were going to do anyhow!). :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Unit has been kept indoors..  Think that I would be fine spot painting. But if not, then a repaint is the next step.
    2014 320S
    2016 kia Sorrento SXL V6
  • Options
    Called Elsie today..no response..
    found out that there's a wedding ceremony today for an employee and everyone is busy with the celebrations. 
    What a great company that celebrates life and marriage and family over business. 
    Just another reason why supporting this company is patriotic and worthy of the American way!

2014 320S
    2016 kia Sorrento SXL V6
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @clinck send an email to elsie@nucamprv.com with a photo of your T@B and year of the T@B.  She'll get back to you as quickly as she can. 

Yes, it is a very close-knit factory of friends. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    I emailed her this morning..lets see if she can help with the paint issue.
    2014 320S
    2016 kia Sorrento SXL V6
  • Options
    They came back with a 12oz. Can(s) of aerosol for $63.00 bucks.
    2014 320S
    2016 kia Sorrento SXL V6
  • Options
    @clinck, You'll find Elsie the MOST helpful parts/customer service person you have EVER dealt with! Just give her a chance, she'll get back to you. ;) After all, look how many of US there are, and how many of HER there are!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Actually a sweet lady named Whitney worked with me. paint was very expensive and a new shroud would be almost $400.00 bucks which includes the $135.00 in freight. Not sure what I will do. At this point, I need other stuff first. I just ordered a cover, for instance.
    2014 320S
    2016 kia Sorrento SXL V6